I figure that Rogers would wait for the 'Storm 3' or whatever it comes to be. Just figure that they'd push for the 850 band.
    02-18-10 01:01 PM
    If Rogers were to actually get it, they wouldn't put it on EDGE, it would be 3G...go read the ad that is on the homepage of crackberry from yesterday...
    02-18-10 05:15 PM
    I doubt Rogers gets the storm anytime soon. If so, I'll jump ship from this iPhone 3G that I've becoming extremely bored with..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 05:22 PM
    I doubt Rogers gets the storm anytime soon. If so, I'll jump ship from this iPhone 3G that I've becoming extremely bored with..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    they said in 3rd quarter, september.....
    02-18-10 05:30 PM
    I spoke to a Rogers rep today, not that we can trust everything they say, but when I asked him about the rumors of the S2 coming to Rogers, he said it wasn't a rumor and that Rogers is getting it in the 3rd quarter, September.

I dunno...he seemed very sure and quick to respond to me
    I am 100% certain that the rep does not know what phones are coming out 7 months from now. They get notice 2 - 3 days before (maximum 1 week), so that rep doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
    02-18-10 05:57 PM
    I am 100% certain that the rep does not know what phones are coming out 7 months from now. They get notice 2 - 3 days before (maximum 1 week), so that rep doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
    You never know...I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens
    02-19-10 04:13 PM
    ummmmm... why does it matter?? unless your looking for a hardware upgrade.. because you can just buy one online, or any website "UNLOCKED" which will work for any GSM.. and rogers, WILL work for 3g, edge, etc...so ya..
    06-08-10 01:05 PM
    ummmmm... why does it matter?? unless your looking for a hardware upgrade.. because you can just buy one online, or any website "UNLOCKED" which will work for any GSM.. and rogers, WILL work for 3g, edge, etc...so ya..
    An S2 on Rogers will only work on EDGE, NOT 3G!

It would have been great for Rogers to get the Storm 2, but at this point I think not.
    06-08-10 01:55 PM
    It's - STILL - not going to happen. Rogers 3G is HSPA. Neither the 9550 or 9520 is capable of using HSPA bands.

This thread is as pointless as "iPhone on Verizon!!!" threads. It's not going to happen.
    06-08-10 02:51 PM
    It's - STILL - not going to happen. Rogers 3G is HSPA. Neither the 9550 or 9520 is capable of using HSPA bands.
    It is, just not in North America.
    06-08-10 03:31 PM
    It is, just not in North America.
    Which is the only place Rogers is and will ever be, so why even say that? I mean we all know it's capable in Europe (after all the arguing about the bands when the specs showed up on blackberry.com) everyone knows it's capable of it, just not here which, especially when talking about a potential carrier, is a moot point. It's like saying "The Storm2 would be capable of Skype calling if it had a front facing camera." Yeah, but it doesn't so it can't. Rogers isn't a European carrier, so as far as NA is concerned, it can't use HSPA bands.
    06-09-10 10:37 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD