Hello All,

Just thought I'd send this out to everyone whose in Canada and with Rogers that the Storm II will be coming to Rogers, but there have not been any dates set. I found this out yesterday and last week from Rogers themselves.

I can't wait to give it a try and if I will be choosing it over my Bold or not.
    09-04-09 03:02 PM
    Hello All,

Just thought I'd send this out to everyone whose in Canada and with Rogers that the Storm II will be coming to Rogers, but there have not been any dates set. I found this out yesterday and last week from Rogers themselves.

I can't wait to give it a try and if I will be choosing it over my Bold or not.
    I just happened to call Rogers customer service literally a minute ago, I s*** you not and the helpful csr put me on hold and informed me that there was no yes or no answer to my question and that they couldn't confirm anything.

You wouldn't be that person ? Or are you ?

Secondly, please provide some proof, would ya ?
    09-04-09 03:08 PM
    If this is true, it would be absolutely tits!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 03:13 PM
    I'll be honest, I was at the store last week and I was speaking with the rep while I was getting my girl friends phone swapped and he first told me. I wasn't sure if I could believe him so I didn't say anything, but yesterday I was one the phone with a customer relations department rep and while she was discounting my account, I brought up the Storm II and that I'd be interested in upgrading when it comes out and she said "yea for sure, should be a nice phone". She gave me no indication from our convo, which I don't remember in full detail, that it was a no. If it wasn't true, she would have said, "no we're not getting it", but she didn't
    09-04-09 03:17 PM
    By the way, I was also asked why the interest in the Storm 2 ?

I happily responded that I am not a fan of the iphone and love BB and was looking for a touch screen and larger screen on a BB.
    09-04-09 03:17 PM
    Well the rep at the store seemed very convincing as we also chatted about my bold
    09-04-09 03:20 PM
    Maybe they are just crackberry addicts
    09-04-09 03:27 PM
    Well the rep at the store seemed very convincing as we also chatted about my bold
    Well, salomondrin seems to think Rogers is getting it so lets hope so !!! He has seen storm 2's with the vodafone, verizon and rogers logo !!!
    09-04-09 03:28 PM
    If I had a nickel for every time some posted "a carrier rep said" I'd have a LOT of nickels.
    09-04-09 03:30 PM
    lol...true, you never know if the carrier rep is just talking nonsense, but I just thought it was odd when I had two reps, one over the phone and one in person.
    09-04-09 04:26 PM
    I know CX and Sal both mentioned a European version of the 9520 and a North American Version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vodaphone is based in Europe, correct? Well then it would only stand to reason, IMO, that the North American version would probably go to Rogers in Canada. Then it would further stand to reason, the US version would go to AT&T, correct?

I'm not speaking out of any inside knowledge or any confirmed sources, just speaking from a logical point of view. Anyone else agree? Disagree?
    09-04-09 04:33 PM
    Nothing is ever for sure until the carrier says so.

Everything else to me is hearsay.
    09-04-09 04:41 PM
    I know CX and Sal both mentioned a European version of the 9520 and a North American Version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vodaphone is based in Europe, correct? Well then it would only stand to reason, IMO, that the North American version would probably go to Rogers in Canada. Then it would further stand to reason, the US version would go to AT&T, correct?

I'm not speaking out of any inside knowledge or any confirmed sources, just speaking from a logical point of view. Anyone else agree? Disagree?
    I agree with that logic of thinking. Hoping it's true!
    09-04-09 04:51 PM
    This has been known for a while now, just sayin'.

It's a given since they passed on the Storm I.
    09-04-09 04:56 PM
    There are some Rogers ones floating around already
    09-04-09 04:57 PM
    Have you seen any yourself?
    09-04-09 05:06 PM
    If I end up having to get an Unlocked Rogers model, I hope its unbranded.

Gah, hate branded phones and I don't imagine the casing for the S2 will be as easy to change if at all like the Bold.
    09-04-09 05:07 PM
    If I had a nickel for every time some posted "a carrier rep said" I'd have a LOT of nickels.
    Heck I could buy my private island in that case.
    09-04-09 05:31 PM
    Heck I could buy my private island in that case.
    Why not a country?

09-04-09 05:41 PM
    I just have rogers a call and it looks like they're experiencing technical difficulties... Eeheh...

09-04-09 06:03 PM
    Thanks, sal !!!

You are the man ! I will definitely take your word for it.

Any chance you may get your hands on one and make a video ?
    09-04-09 09:33 PM
    i would think voda will get it since they are the gsm carrier of the storm 1
    09-04-09 09:41 PM
    Unfotrunately with Rogers' new hardware upgrade policy those of us that went for the bold are looking at major $$ to go for a storm 2.
    C'est la vie.
    09-04-09 09:57 PM
    I spoke to a Rogers rep today, not that we can trust everything they say, but when I asked him about the rumors of the S2 coming to Rogers, he said it wasn't a rumor and that Rogers is getting it in the 3rd quarter, September.

I dunno...he seemed very sure and quick to respond to me
    02-18-10 12:50 PM
    But doesn't it still cause the same problem that the North American 3G bands are still not avaliable on the 9520 OR the 9550.

So, congrats, you're getting a great piece of hardware stuck on EDGE.
    02-18-10 12:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD