View Poll Results: Storm in HongKong, sign for new OS?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 33.33%
  • No

22 66.67%
    What do you think?

EDIT:
    OK I think i have to clarify a little bit

BlackBerry Storm to arrive in Hong Kong | BlackBerry Cool
    The BlackBerry Storm is going to Hong Kong this week. We haven’t heard details about pricing or what service plans will be available, but I’m sure people in Hong Kong are happy nonetheless. The BlackBerry Storm smartphone is expected to be available in Hong Kong from 1O1O, 3 Hong Kong, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited, one2free and SmarTone-Vodafone in the second quarter 2009.
    Last edited by chouputra; 04-03-09 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Update
    04-02-09 07:28 PM
    I don't understand the question
    04-02-09 07:30 PM
    he is thinking that it will launch with a higher OS
    04-02-09 07:34 PM
    It's going to launch with 4.
    ||
    --
    04-02-09 07:46 PM
    i saw a few hk blackberry videos on utube and it was doing the same hiccups as the OS in the US
    04-02-09 07:49 PM
    i saw a few hk blackberry videos on utube and it was doing the same hiccups as the OS in the US
    Hmmm, I am just thinking that they should include better OS instead of unstable one such as .75
    04-02-09 09:26 PM
    why wouldnt they get the same screw job we got???????
    04-02-09 09:39 PM
    Added Clarification, Check Original Post.
    04-03-09 01:56 AM
    umm yeah... won't affect any new OS whatsoever. Sorry. my answer is no.

Thats like saying they are making a DVD movie made in the USA available in China.. that doesn't mean they are making a sequal to that movie just because it is now available in another country.
    04-03-09 02:20 AM
    I was in Hong Kong yesterday...No signs of it at the Blackberry retailers.....

Now Im up in Jinhua..My browser is faster in Shanghai then it is Oregon....

Either way, I hope the OS increases and improves ASAP
    04-03-09 04:37 AM
    umm yeah... won't affect any new OS whatsoever. Sorry. my answer is no.

Thats like saying they are making a DVD movie made in the USA available in China.. that doesn't mean they are making a sequal to that movie just because it is now available in another country.

I am not very knowledgable with this and your expert advise will be needed. There will be possibilities, no?

1) They release Storm with .75 firmware
    2) They release Storm with newer and stable OS above .113
    04-03-09 04:41 AM
    dont really know what to say about this thread other then...

EDIT: This thread still fails (even with your supposed added clarification)... Just because Hong Kong/China is getting the phone does not implicate or imply in any way that we should be expecting a new OS.

Please do understand that I do not try to make statement that it will so it means that I do not implicate or imply anything. I am simply asking for opinion. So i guess your post fails.
    04-03-09 04:52 AM
    I thought it was a good question

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 05:13 AM
    Look at it this way. You're more likely to get leaked betas off the Chinese black market then Verizon to release something official.
    04-03-09 05:37 AM
    Wow.

I thought it was a decent question. Does anyone know what OS version each of the carriers will be launching with? 5 different carriers. Could we see something higher than what we've currently seen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 08:16 PM
    verizon sold how many storms with the POS os? why wouldnt they do it there? or maybe there going to release .113 to them? if thats our next official os from vzw why make hk special? i do belive that the os updates are multi language
    04-03-09 08:23 PM
    verizon sold how many storms with the POS os? why wouldnt they do it there? or maybe there going to release .113 to them? if thats our next official os from vzw why make hk special? i do belive that the os updates are multi language
    Aren't carriers have the choice to which OS they are going to ship the devices with or is it just VZW? It has been a couple of months since the launch of BB Storm and I believe they should have a broader range of OS to choose from.
    04-04-09 11:08 AM
    Aren't carriers have the choice to which OS they are going to ship the devices with or is it just VZW? It has been a couple of months since the launch of BB Storm and I believe they should have a broader range of OS to choose from.
    i doubt it, unless its going to be a differnt storm not 9500/9530 than its going to run the same os. and as far as having a range of os's to chose from if we cant even get a good one yet than why should they? (Not downing other country's)
    04-04-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD