I'm new to the blackberry world but not to forums. I've searched the forum and google for the answer to the hip holster and the Storm. My fat roll hits the mute button when in the holster but if you hit that button when not in holster it wont go to vibrate.

I didnt see anyone mention this.

This drove me nuts for two days because I couldn't feel the vibration so I started reading. I noticed from my reading everyone talking about settings. Its not a setting in the phone that will correct this. In the holster behind the felt is a magnet, thats what tells the phone its in the holster and will activate the vibration through the mute button. If you remove the felt and pick at the magnet to get it out, the phone will not longer do it. The phone will stay on a few seconds longer when there but it wont go to vibrate any longer. I also noticed when I was getting emails while in the holster that when I removed the phone it would open the email. That is irritating as well. This also corrected this problem.

I'm sorry if someone answered this already but as I said I searched and didn't see this addressed.
    03-14-09 01:46 PM
    im a skinny guy and only had this problem when i put the phone in my pocket while i was concealing a firearm. i started wearing it on my belt and this stopped it for me. regaurdless thanks for the info about the magnet. thanks
    Last edited by TheThurgodMarshl; 03-14-09 at 01:52 PM. Reason: missing words
    03-14-09 01:51 PM
    I'm new to the blackberry world but not to forums. I've searched the forum and google for the answer to the hip holster and the Storm. My fat roll hits the mute button when in the holster but if you hit that button when not in holster it wont go to vibrate.

I didnt see anyone mention this.

This drove me nuts for two days because I couldn't feel the vibration so I started reading. I noticed from my reading everyone talking about settings. Its not a setting in the phone that will correct this. In the holster behind the felt is a magnet, thats what tells the phone its in the holster and will activate the vibration through the mute button. If you remove the felt and pick at the magnet to get it out, the phone will not longer do it. The phone will stay on a few seconds longer when there but it wont go to vibrate any longer. I also noticed when I was getting emails while in the holster that when I removed the phone it would open the email. That is irritating as well. This also corrected this problem.

I'm sorry if someone answered this already but as I said I searched and didn't see this addressed.
    I'm the opposite. I'm new to the forums (these forums, anyway) but I've been carrying a BB since the early 60's.

Please let me know what you used to get the magnet out of the holster. Even eyeglass screwdrivers are too thick to wedge into the sides to pry it out.
    03-20-09 05:15 PM
    but I've been carrying a BB since the early 60's.
    Holy ****... what did they look like back then?!?!
    03-20-09 05:18 PM
    Holy ****... what did they look like back then?!?!
    Umm...RIM was founded in 1984...
    07-02-09 08:21 AM
    The 1962 BB had a hand crank and tubes. LOL
    07-02-09 08:48 AM
    I'm the opposite. I'm new to the forums (these forums, anyway) but I've been carrying a BB since the early 60's.

Please let me know what you used to get the magnet out of the holster. Even eyeglass screwdrivers are too thick to wedge into the sides to pry it out.
    maybe he meant HE was in his early 60s?
    07-02-09 09:01 AM
    theres a bong joke in here somewhere
    07-02-09 09:45 AM
    By the sixties i think he means one of these devices, not age or year

07-02-09 10:17 AM
    Yeah but it was way funnier the other way lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 10:20 AM
    bump bump bump
    07-02-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD