I've bin reading a lot on the storm and not just CB forums.

The only word I can come up after reading months, is 'PROBLEMS'..

Yess the Storm 9530/9500 made a good year in sales for RIM.
    But they are lacking to come up with a final release of an good OS.

Unacceptable after so many months, keeping us quit with yet another official or leaked OS.

the experienced BB users/owners are probably used to this, and can't do a damn thing about it.

RIM keeps this up untill a majority starts taking action or starts running from BB to WM or Apple or to Nokia.

Since this is RIM's first touchscreen they focused to much on Apple or WM, instead of getting things done proper.

I own the Storm and cannot accept this anymore longer.
    Legally they can do things like this so far.

Why can't they fix these damn issues,memory leakage, battery drain and so on.

No they rather come up with the next device... and keep the customer(s) happy with another buggy OS!!

You can say what you want about WM or Apple but they get things better done then RIM has done.

Many of us have a 2 years contract and a phone that is still in development phase.
    They took a risk to drop the Storm (storm in a glass of water) like this.

And we all felt for it.
    At least I did to be honest.
    04-29-09 04:22 AM
    I have had zero problems with mine! & I wouldn't trade it for any other device!
    04-29-09 04:39 AM

Unacceptable after so many months, keeping us quit with yet another official or leaked OS.

the experienced BB users/owners are probably used to this, and can't do a damn thing about it.

RIM keeps this up untill a majority starts taking action or starts running from BB to WM or Apple or to Nokia.

Since this is RIM's first touchscreen they focused to much on Apple or WM, instead of getting things done proper.

No they rather come up with the next device... and keep the customer(s) happy with another buggy OS!!

You can say what you want about WM or Apple but they get things better done then RIM has done.

Many of us have a 2 years contract and a phone that is still in development phase.

And we all felt for it.
    I COMPLETLEY Agree With All You Just Said. Blackberrys Are Great Phones, No Doubt About It. But They Released The Storm To Early. It's Really A Shame.
    04-29-09 05:09 AM
    Hopefully 141 is the charm! (why am I still up?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 05:23 AM
    Hopefully 141 is the charm! (why am I still up?)

Because you love all us minions ?
    04-29-09 05:27 AM
    Because you love all us minions ?
    Word, Haha.
    04-29-09 05:45 AM
    I COMPLETLEY Agree With All You Just Said. Blackberrys Are Great Phones, No Doubt About It. But They Released The Storm To Early. It's Really A Shame.
    Motorola in South Africa went the same way. Good marketing followed by poor support. Result = Alternatve phones purchased.
    Z8 Motorola in dustbin.
    04-29-09 08:22 AM
    Unbelievable that somebody actually wasted energy starting yet another 'RIM/Storm sucks' thread. Go buy a WinMo or iSuck phone. Nobody cares.

04-29-09 08:55 AM
    I'm guessing u think fixing it is the easiest thing in the world... And yea I don't have any probs with mine

04-29-09 10:29 AM

And we all felt for it.
    So is this supposed to be a poem or do you just like making a new paragraph out of every sentence?

Anyway, there's a number of misconceptions in there. First, it's the carriers that are holding up the release of a new OS, not RIM. They got into the .21x range before stopping development on 4.7 to focus on BB OS 5.0. RIM doesn't leak the builds that leak, and that particular tin foil hat conspiracy theory has been exploded several times already. And the Storm isn't something they just cobbled together 6 months before it was released. The device was already in development when Apple released the first Jesus Phone. So, while it's easy to think that because it came out well after the Jesus Phone, RIM was just trying to copy it... It just doesn't work that way.

The "memory leak" issue is vastly overblown by people who don't know what the bloody ****** they're talking about. It is an issue, but it's more akin to a flat tire as opposed to the engine literally falling out of the car. It may be a huge annoyance, but it's still just an annoyance.

Microsoft and Apple have all kinds of revenue streams coming from various other businesses that they can then pump into the development of their devices. Apple's computer business has been doing pretty good the past couple of years, and iPod sales have defied all odds. I think most people would have figured that even before the global recession, sales would have dropped off as people couldn't justify paying ANOTHER $300 for basically the same device, just with maybe an extra 2GB of storage space.

But if you don't like the Storm, pay the ETF to get out of your contract and either get a different VZW phone, or switch carriers.
    Last edited by bigman2; 04-29-09 at 10:43 AM.
    04-29-09 10:33 AM
    Why is that Storm/iPhone users are so defensive when people post rants in the RANT SECTION about their device. I don't see anyone telling the people to shut up who are posting another thread about how much they love their Storm/iPhone/Bold or whatever. People are quick to act like jerks because everyone doesn't feel the same way you do. There can be 1000 posts about how much they are in love with the Storm..... do you tell them, "Dude, not another post about this". We are always so quick to accept others that agree with how we feel and we'll go the extra length to be an *** to those who don't. It's only freakin phone. Chances are all of us will have a different device in 2010 if not earlier.
    04-29-09 11:50 AM
    Why is that Storm/iPhone users are so defensive when people post rants in the RANT SECTION about their device. I don't see anyone telling the people to shut up who are posting another thread about how much they love their Storm/iPhone/Bold or whatever. People are quick to act like jerks because everyone doesn't feel the same way you do. There can be 1000 posts about how much they are in love with the Storm..... do you tell them, "Dude, not another post about this". We are always so quick to accept others that agree with how we feel and we'll go the extra length to be an *** to those who don't. It's only freakin phone. Chances are all of us will have a different device in 2010 if not earlier.
    Rant all you want just don't start another thread to do it. There's 100's of em here already. And if you don't like it return it....problem there is they ARE addicting so you keep it cuz you know deep down its a killer phone, just needs a more stable OS, which you cn get on here and you know GAYT&T's service sucks so you really don't wanna put up with it just to have an iSuck (or you may have both just to raise your society level to new heights which makes no sense). Then you waste everybody's time by posting how horrible it is because 1) maybe u think we ACTUALLY don't know, 2) you have no one else to talk to, or 3) you're mad cuz Verizon ripped you a new one claiming a new OS will be out soon and you believed em but still won't load a leaked OS just because 'you shouldn't have to after all the money you spent on it'. BOGO for $200??? Not bad for it even if I do have to tweak it myself. We're just tired of hearing about how much you hate a phone you decided to keep and if you didn't then why are you posting anyway....

04-29-09 12:21 PM
    Rant all you want just don't start another thread to do it. There's 100's of em here already. And if you don't like it return it....problem there is they ARE addicting so you keep it cuz you know deep down its a killer phone, just needs a more stable OS, which you cn get on here and you know GAYT&T's service sucks so you really don't wanna put up with it just to have an iSuck (or you may have both just to raise your society level to new heights which makes no sense). Then you waste everybody's time by posting how horrible it is because 1) maybe u think we ACTUALLY don't know, 2) you have no one else to talk to, or 3) you're mad cuz Verizon ripped you a new one claiming a new OS will be out soon and you believed em but still won't load a leaked OS just because 'you shouldn't have to after all the money you spent on it'. BOGO for $200??? Not bad for it even if I do have to tweak it myself. We're just tired of hearing about how much you hate a phone you decided to keep and if you didn't then why are you posting anyway....

Did you think I was going to actually read your long post making excuses for RIM and the Storm? Seriously, you can argue all day about the Storm. **** if I care. RIM's CEO is an ***. He stated "it's our first touch screen device, no one's going to get it perfect out the door". Translation, get over it test dummies. He's a fool and you're fool too.

Who cares if you're tired about hearing how much the phone sucks. People can rant in RANT section as much as they want. Just because 2 people dislike a device doesn't mean they have the same gripes. So if one person hates it for one reason, then another person is going to post if they hate it for another. Who made you the rant section security? Nobody gives a F about how tired you are of what other people have to say. If you're that tired then you wouldn't even waste your time to write long responses. Must be fun for you then.

Anyhow, Good luck with that crappy device. You'll be using something totally different by the end of the year.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-29-09 at 12:33 PM.
    04-29-09 12:29 PM
    Rants have a point to them. Most of what we have here can be summed up as, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Then there's the 9021-Troll High Cheer Squad that turns virtually every thread into, "The Storm sucks; let's all go have an orgy with a bunch of Jesus Phones!" That makes up probably 99.5% of all posts here.
    04-29-09 02:05 PM
    It all comes down to personal preference.
    Some like the jebus phone
    Some like the storm
    Some are ok with other options

But arguing over it is useless unless you DO SOMETHING ACTIONABLE ABOUT IT!

I don't care either way I'm on a stock storm ver .75 no issues at all and I'm happy. Why? Because there are better things to worry about.

04-29-09 02:13 PM
    I don't defend anything. I don't care what people says about the iPhone, Bold or whatever. Because I really don't care. You're the ***** that always feels like it's your duty to defend the Storm and flame someone because they are less than happy with it. If they don't like it, what the **** does that have to do with you? Not a damn thing. If they want to rant then so be it. Would you argue with someone because they like Coke and you like Pepsi? You probably would. You're one of those people that thinks because someone doesn't like the same thing you do in the same way, they need to F off. How about being a little more open minded and saying "Well it does have it's issues. But I love mine. It's not for everyone". Instead you take the *** route. You're just like the apple "fan boys" or whatever you want to call them when someone pisses on the iPhone. Different device, same type of *****.
    Do a search for my name in the forums and look at all my posts. I'm the first one that admits it has problems. I'm also the first one to admit that, despite Verizon's lack of willingness to release an official OS that sllams the .75 into the ground and makes this phone rock, i.e. .132, I love my Storm even tho I had to do a little work to get it there. And you don't see these guys spending their own time making hybrids b!tchin about it. Why? Cuz they enjoy it. You're the one full of s**t with the bad attitude cuz YOU JUST STARTED YET ANOTHER POST IN THIS FORUM TRYIN TO SLAM RIM/VERIZON. That's sad dude. If you got that much anger towards RIM find a pill to take. Otherwise get the f**k over it.

04-29-09 02:24 PM
    It all comes down to personal preference.
    Some like the jebus phone
    Some like the storm
    Some are ok with other options

But arguing over it is useless unless you DO SOMETHING ACTIONABLE ABOUT IT!

I don't care either way I'm on a stock storm ver .75 no issues at all and I'm happy. Why? Because there are better things to worry about.

You are deadone. Some of these jokers on here get so defensive when someone criticizes their device like they was talking about their momma or something. It's always personal preference over anything. I have every blackberry from the 8700 to the Storm. I have the iPhone now with my Bold. And I will switch devices according to the one that works best for me. I don't fall in love with a company or device like it's God and no one can talk bad about it. At the end of the day, you're the only one that has to live with your choice.
    04-29-09 02:26 PM
    Do a search for my name in the forums and look at all my posts. I'm the first one that admits it has problems. I'm also the first one to admit that, despite Verizon's lack of willingness to release an official OS that sllams the .75 into the ground and makes this phone rock, i.e. .132, I love my Storm even tho I had to do a little work to get it there. And you don't see these guys spending their own time making hybrids b!tchin about it. Why? Cuz they enjoy it. You're the one full of s**t with the bad attitude cuz YOU JUST STARTED YET ANOTHER POST IN THIS FORUM TRYIN TO SLAM RIM/VERIZON. That's sad dude. If you got that much anger towards RIM find a pill to take. Otherwise get the f**k over it.

I am not slaming anyone. I just want to see what people think. I can care less about either company, AT&T, SPRINT VZW, Microsoft, Palm or whoever. JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION, I CURRENTLY ROCK A BOLD and not a problem. So the issue is not with RIM, it's with the way RIM handled the Storm..... big difference. If you don't like a post, keep moving kid. I'm glad you're following me around the site.

Just want to see what people think. Hence the the option of people saying they don't have a problem. That just shows how sensitive you are and defensive you get. Go take some midol to calm your PMS symptoms.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-29-09 at 02:32 PM.
    04-29-09 02:29 PM

GayT&T and iSuck, nice dude, you are a ******. I see it's 330 here in east, high school must have just let out. How about you do all us all a favor and just leave this forum, you obviously love the Storm and attack anyone who doesn't...and spare us your 15 year old humor, no one is finding it funny except you.
    04-29-09 02:39 PM
    I am not slaming anyone. I just want to see what people think. I can care less about either company, AT&T, SPRINT VZW, Microsoft, Palm or whoever. JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION, I CURRENTLY ROCK A BOLD and not a problem. So the issue is not with RIM, it's with the way RIM handled the Storm..... big difference. If you don't like a post, keep moving kid. I'm glad you're following me around the site.

Just want to see what people think. Hence the the option of people saying they don't have a problem. That just shows how sensitive you are and defensive you get. Go take some midol to calm your PMS symptoms.
    GayT&T and iSuck, nice dude, you are a ******. I see it's 330 here in east, high school must have just let out. How about you do all us all a favor and just leave this forum, you obviously love the Storm and attack anyone who doesn't...and spare us your 15 year old humor, no one is finding it funny except you.
    I do get service on the bus I ride ...and they sell midol on it too! Trust me dude..I wouldn follow you around if you were GOD. Your negativity towards...of all things...a cell phone company...is astounding. Guess the Storm developers should have known there were perfect people out there before they released it. I quit having battles of the minds back in the msn chat room days. Think you're the one who needs to quit feeding off the negativity and help make it a better machine.

Last edited by unseenme; 04-29-09 at 03:11 PM.
    04-29-09 03:07 PM
    My negativity? LOL. Read your own stuff if you want to talk about that. I have such animosity towards a device but you continually say GayT&T abd iSuck.... but my negativity needs to be checked. LOL. Since i'm so negative and you appear to be the optimistic one, just don't respond to anything I say. I'm Mr. negative so what's the point, you know. Like I said, keep it moving kid if you don't like what you read.
    Stop callin me names or I'm tellin my mommie! ...hold on I gotta email comin across......(don't need an app to check it)....

04-29-09 03:44 PM
    Then there's the 9021-Troll High Cheer Squad that turns virtually every thread into, "The Storm sucks; let's all go have an orgy with a bunch of Jesus Phones!" That makes up probably 99.5% of all posts here.
    the other .5% are made up of incoherent and disjointed ramblings by the resident noobman who's intuitive nature seperates him from the rest of the ignorant souls who inherit these forums.

**edit: LMFAO @ Oilbrnrs signature. He added to it noobman. He's making you famous. Guy cracks me up http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/wh...87/index2.html**

Last edited by cereal killer; 04-29-09 at 08:00 PM.
    04-29-09 07:48 PM
    Rants IMHO are ways for people to vent. I see nothing wrong with that, especially when they rant in the "Rant Forum". With that being said, does the Storm have problems? Yes. I have 4 different Storms in my family and every unit acts different with the same Os leak.
    The Storm is not for everyone. When the Device works it's a dream to use. Other times it makes you want to break it into a million parts. Seems some people take anything you say negative about the phone personal. No one knows what the future holds for the Storm, good or bad. I really hope things pan out for the Storm. If not I have no problem buying the family 4 BB Tours or whatever they will call it. My 2 cents.
    04-29-09 08:07 PM
    Rants IMHO are ways for people to vent. I see nothing wrong with that, especially when they rant in the "Rant Forum". With that being said, does the Storm have problems? Yes. I have 4 different Storms in my family and every unit acts different with the same Os leak.
    The Storm is not for everyone. When the Device works it's a dream to use. Other times it makes you want to break it into a million parts. Seems some people take anything you say negative about the phone personal. No one knows what the future holds for the Storm, good or bad. I really hope things pan out for the Storm. If not I have no problem buying the family 4 BB Tours or whatever they will call it. My 2 cents.
    Exactly. Take everything so personal.
    04-30-09 10:09 AM
    I agree with the OP 100%. I bought my storm on the very first day (waited 4 hours for it), never had any issues like dust under the screen, click problems, etc and I'm on .141. That being said, this phone is still a piece of garbage. I've been a loyal VZW customer since 2004 and I'm seriously considering dropping them in favor of getting a Bold.
    05-03-09 12:04 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD