That was a wasted post...what was your point? Wait, not sure I care.
    You're drunk with that kool aid now I see...just defend that waste of a phone at any cost. You've forgotten how much time I've spent in these forums trying to get the storm to live up to our expectations...blind with fanboism.

Good luck with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 12:00 AM
    That was a wasted post...what was your point? Wait, not sure I care.
    Back in the day this would have called for a YKW.
    06-23-10 12:08 AM
    Had you bothered to read any of my posts, you would realize that the very LAST thing I am, is a "fanboi." I fully and completely acknowledge the Storm's shortcomings. I do not for a second think of it as the "second coming" (like many do with all things iPhone and Android).

To paraphrase what I wrote elsewhere, I also am not blinded by the light, thinking that my Storm 2 is all things great. It's a tool, a tool that offers some useful features and lacks certain other features (or, does not do them well). It is my tool though, selected after careful consideration and is a choice I do not regret. I fully realize that there are many useful tools out there, some of which do some things better and other things not as well and a few that do most all things better. That does not mean though, that they would do it better for me (or, are important to me in a smart phone). And, since it's my money, my usage and my needs that are the issue, I reserve the right to choose whichever device I think will best fit the bill. Others may have different requirements or likes/dislikes and, hopefully, they'll make the right choice for their needs. BUT, not everyone does. They make a choice after, debatably, a similarly well researched investigation. Ultimately, they regret their choice. That's fine, we've all done it before in our lives. But, a normal, intelligent, mature reaction is to not blame the device for all the social ills in the world, to not blame the device for being a "POS" (since there are a bazillion users who seem perfectly fine with the same device) and to not act as though RIM is some sort of miscreant who is raping, pillaging and plundering the earth and that anyone who remains affiliated with them deserves to be water tortured.

Does this sound like the words of a "fanboi?" I hardly think so. My response to you had nothing to do with your history here (while I recognize your name and recall seeing your posts in numerous Storm threads, I am not familiar with you being any sort of "champion" to the little people.) I may have even learned a thing or two from you. But, when your rhetoric turns to statements like "waste of a phone...." then I realize you are not unbiased, you are not reasoned, you are not rational. Instead, to paraphrase you, you've become something of an "antifanboi" in the sense that you feel compelled to denigrate a device that obviously has millions of fans. The device may not live up to your expectations or needs, but any rational thinking person would realize that it obviously meets the needs of many and thus, is a worthy device.

All that being said though, your original point seemed to be lacking anything concrete and also left me wondering why you, as a person who chooses to leave the device and switch to something else, still feels compelled to come into these forums and post anything at all?

You're drunk with that kool aid now I see...just defend that waste of a phone at any cost. You've forgotten how much time I've spent in these forums trying to get the storm to live up to our expectations...blind with fanboism.

Good luck with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-23-10 at 01:47 PM.
    06-23-10 01:19 PM
    Ive had my Storm 1 (Verizon) since 11/09. Its my first BB ever. I still have the original. I've had many problems with it, but thanks to Crackberry, I've been able to work around them. Last month my screen cracked all by itself. I went to bed one night and woke up and it had a small crack that grew in 2 days. As time has gone by, the phone seems to be getting worse. Browsing is slow, everything is slow. My wife has a Tour and its so much better. My question is how come people who turn in their Tours are getting Bolds and the Storm 1 owners are left w this POS. Its been proven that the Tour is so much better than the Storm 1. Wouldnt you think that Verizon, or RIM would have some compassion for Storm 1 owners and allow us to swap for a Storm 2. I dont want to send it in for a new Storm 1 for fear of getting a refurbished POS. I also dont want to pay $50 for another Storm 1. I paid $150 for this POS and refuse to spend another penny for more crap. My upgrade goes into effect in Nov. I'm holding out for hopefully a Storm 3 or maybe jump ship all together and go with another brand of smartphone. I just dont understand why Tour owners get a new Bold and Storm 1 owners are left holding their sack....
    06-23-10 01:33 PM
    Ah, but there WAS another touchscreen. The LG Voyager if I do recall. The OTHER OTHER iPhone killer.
    And the chocolate 2 or whatever. What a joke.
    06-24-10 03:15 PM
    Had you bothered to read any of my posts, you would realize that the very LAST thing I am, is a "fanboi." I fully and completely acknowledge the Storm's shortcomings. I do not for a second think of it as the "second coming" (like many do with all things iPhone and Android).
    It's just a variant of "live by the sword, die by the sword". He has merely taken his admitted fanboy attitude to a new platform (as have most of the others, thank god.)

Unless you can sit back and say "its just a ******* phone" you really need to reassess your priorities. Some people just get in too deep, though, and then as soon as something starts to go wrong they get autocratic and try to convince themselves that the problems were all caused by someone else. Ah well, no one is perfect.
    06-24-10 03:41 PM
    Hey, Jeff: Oh, I agree 100% and have been saying this for a long time. I don't get it, but I as I said (here or elsewhere) recently, it seems that the one-upmanship only happens here online. In REAL life, I compare phones with others all the time and we appreciate and admire what the other has AND, we also freely admit to the things we don't like about our phones. All very gentlemanly-like, as it should be. I was taking Patches head on as I know what he's like.

It's just a variant of "live by the sword, die by the sword". He has merely taken his admitted fanboy attitude to a new platform (as have most of the others, thank god.)

Unless you can sit back and say "its just a ******* phone" you really need to reassess your priorities. Some people just get in too deep, though, and then as soon as something starts to go wrong they get autocratic and try to convince themselves that the problems were all caused by someone else. Ah well, no one is perfect.
    06-24-10 04:58 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD