Clerical error? Are you serious?
    Yes, and I'll elaborate in a second.

Yeah it was a clerical error because everybody knows what a polished OS .65 was.
    Not the point.

65 was NEVER intended for launch.
    Also not the point. The point was you were trying to claim that the reason shortage of phones at launch was due to some mad scramble by Verizon to revert phones back to .65 due to some mysterious security issue. The truth is, someone just printed up a bad batch of labels, and they didn't catch the error until they were already applied to the boxes. So there WAS a mad scramble, but it was to print up a new batch of labels with the CORRECT info on them.

Whatever your opinion of .65's readiness for general use is completely besides the point.
    02-25-09 11:45 AM
    Yes, and I'll elaborate in a second.

Not the point.

Also not the point. The point was you were trying to claim that the reason shortage of phones at launch was due to some mad scramble by Verizon to revert phones back to .65 due to some mysterious security issue. The truth is, someone just printed up a bad batch of labels, and they didn't catch the error until they were already applied to the boxes. So there WAS a mad scramble, but it was to print up a new batch of labels with the CORRECT info on them.

Whatever your opinion of .65's readiness for general use is completely besides the point.
    That is the reason bigman. I'm telling you. Yes there was this clerical error (original label had .89 or something on it) BUT that did NOT cause the delay.

That's why .65 was a hot mess. It was not intended for final release. As for the "security issue" I will say I am skeptical of that reason as well but they did in fact have to downgrade thus the shortage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:55 AM
    i downloaded the stormsketch app and after talkin to dmglakewood who made the app i now believe that the hardware is def behind what it should be capable of doing what i mean is the inaccuracy of the screen does not let the app properly follow your finger when drawing or i could just be talkin out of my *** and just over thinkin why i cant draw anything on this silly app
    02-25-09 12:51 PM
    i downloaded the stormsketch app and after talkin to dmglakewood who made the app i now believe that the hardware is def behind what it should be capable of doing what i mean is the inaccuracy of the screen does not let the app properly follow your finger when drawing or i could just be talkin out of my *** and just over thinkin why i cant draw anything on this silly app
    I Could Never Draw Anything On A Normal Etch a Sketch Either-

I Should Give This A Go, But I Know I Won't Be Able To Do Much On It Besides The Occasional Stick Figure With Hat/Purse.

02-25-09 12:53 PM
    I Could Never Draw Anything On A Normal Etch a Sketch Either-

I Should Give This A Go, But I Know I Won't Be Able To Do Much On It Besides The Occasional Stick Figure With Hat/Purse.

ha good luck with the stick figure w/ purse and all, just gettin two lines to intersect where i want was hard, but of course be sure to post ur fancy art Ms Prada, love to see what you come up with
    02-25-09 12:59 PM
    ha good luck with the stick figure w/ purse and all, just gettin two lines to intersect where i want was hard, but of course be sure to post ur fancy art Ms Prada, love to see what you come up with

I Just Whipped Something Up Real Quick

LOL

I Wish I Had Decent Photoshop Skills-

Then I would Have Put That Image On A Storm Screen!!!
    02-25-09 01:06 PM
    I just chucked my berry against the wall Prada. Now quit the damnn flirting or I'm going to start tossing people around in here!!!
    02-25-09 03:48 PM
    but they did in fact have to downgrade thus the shortage.
    And what, if anything, do you have to offer up to support this claim?
    02-25-09 04:20 PM
    He threatened to kill their cereals and they cracked
    02-25-09 04:42 PM
    As far as i know that was speculation on BGR.
    02-25-09 04:44 PM
    ^^^

02-25-09 04:51 PM
    As far as i know that was speculation on BGR.
    Which is what I figured. So, CK is passing off speculation -- which BGR actually later more or less retracted with the statement about how it was just a clerical error of some misprinted labels -- as fact. And people wonder why we dub him a troll.
    02-25-09 05:39 PM
    Which is what I figured. So, CK is passing off speculation -- which BGR actually later more or less retracted with the statement about how it was just a clerical error of some misprinted labels -- as fact. And people wonder why we dub him a troll.
    Bigman you are relentless with this troll stuff aren't you.

Are we talking about labels or are we talking about the supposed shortages/selling out?

If we are talking about labels, >>>>>>YES it was a clerical error.<<<<<<< No arguement there.

If we are talking about the supossed shortages/selling out (which is what I thought) it's what I have already went over with you 315 times.

Holy smokes "talking" to you is a chore.

*edit: what is the big deal in what I'm saying anyway? Is it such a big deal that the story VZW cooked up was nonsense? It's pretty well known with people in the know what happened. I just don't go and make things up. It's not such a huge deal so I don't get why you are making a big thing out of it.*
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-25-09 at 06:45 PM.
    02-25-09 06:35 PM
    My storm hardware is better than the hardware in above posters computer
    02-25-09 10:07 PM
    "Delta 25 this is Cereal Killer! We are taking fire, we are taking fire! Over"

" Cereal Killer this is Delta 25..sit tight....... Echo 65 is operating 1 click to your west and is moving to your position..over"

"Roger that Delta!....we need support now. We are under heavy fire!!"

"Copy that Cereal Killer.....hang in there"

02-25-09 10:36 PM
    I have been keeping and saving any and all spiders I find running around my house. I keep them alive in little tuba wear containers and drop in crickets or whatever random feeder bugs I find at the local petsmart. Anyway,

I recently have erected a spider battle arena out of cardboard and sugar cubes. I have about 22 spiders in surplus and plan to make them do one on one combat in a tournament of epic proportions. The loser is devoured by the winner and the winner becomes stronger. He then lives on to do battle against the next opponent. Whichever spider is left standing after the other 21 have died will go on to the final round. There is a prey mantis I bought at the vivarium named Charley. The final spider gladiator will do battle with Charley the mantis. If the spider actually manages to beat Charley he will be declared the king of spider land and flushed down the toilet afterwards.

going to use the video camera on my storm, yes it works!
    02-25-09 10:42 PM
    I have been keeping and saving any and all spiders I find running around my house. I keep them alive in little tuba wear containers and drop in crickets or whatever random feeder bugs I find at the local petsmart. Anyway,

I recently have erected a spider battle arena out of cardboard and sugar cubes. I have about 22 spiders in surplus and plan to make them do one on one combat in a tournament of epic proportions. The loser is devoured by the winner and the winner becomes stronger. He then lives on to do battle against the next opponent. Whichever spider is left standing after the other 21 have died will go on to the final round. There is a prey mantis I bought at the vivarium named Charley. The final spider gladiator will do battle with Charley the mantis. If the spider actually manages to beat Charley he will be declared the king of spider land and flushed down the toilet afterwards.

Dude! You have to share this when its all said and done! Lol

02-26-09 01:09 AM

Dude. I'm begging you! If you REALLY do this take vids.

In bold made me laugh-cry. LOL!
    02-26-09 03:34 PM
    Are we talking about labels or are we talking about the supposed shortages/selling out?
    Both, since you were claiming that the shortage is due to some last minute scramble to revert launch devices to .65 from some other build. You cite a BGR story as your proof. The BGR story in question cites the fact that some boxes had a second label, and the one underneath had a higher OS version number. BGR later retracted the speculation from the initial story, reporting that the real reason was someone at VZW screwed up and printed up a bad batch of labels. Not some mad dash to try and revert the OS on phones due to some mysterious last minute security issue.

Now, if you have something to offer up besides some drivel found on BGR, to support this security issue notion, let's see it. Otherwise, when I think about which is the simpler of the two possibilities, and thus more likely to be correct... Someone screwing up a batch of labels seems infinitely more plausible than a mad scramble to revert the OS on the launch supply of phones due to some security issue.
    02-26-09 03:51 PM
    Guys why are you all crying about???
    Just grow some balls and face it the software is still in beta fase.

YES they released the phone a bit too soon
    NO the hardware is not lacking just compare the specs with the iphone and you see equilevance (or something like that)

So meaning if the Storm is a piece of junk so would be the iphone running almost the same mhz etc...

It's just some programming and coding that needs to be better.
    Or maybe you all shouldn't be running a lot off apps in the background.

Or maybe you shouldn't have gotten the Storm and waited a litle while until the reviews were more positive or you saw some GO sign on the internet etc...

For the rest i'm Dutch and i don't give a s*** about the speed and mhz.
    They are numbers and don't say anything about the phone itself.

So stop complaining, grow up and get a life.
    Life isn't ment to go f***ing numbers and comparing sizes and wich is better and why they didn't pushed WiFi in or what is the actual assembly costs etc....

Atleast we can say we have a phone and don't rely on smoking signs and horses etc... unlike Africa etc...
    02-26-09 04:36 PM
    Both, since you were claiming that the shortage is due to some last minute scramble to revert launch devices to .65 from some other build. You cite a BGR story as your proof. The BGR story in question cites the fact that some boxes had a second label, and the one underneath had a higher OS version number. BGR later retracted the speculation from the initial story, reporting that the real reason was someone at VZW screwed up and printed up a bad batch of labels. Not some mad dash to try and revert the OS on phones due to some mysterious last minute security issue.

Now, if you have something to offer up besides some drivel found on BGR, to support this security issue notion, let's see it. Otherwise, when I think about which is the simpler of the two possibilities, and thus more likely to be correct... Someone screwing up a batch of labels seems infinitely more plausible than a mad scramble to revert the OS on the launch supply of phones due to some security issue.
    Bigman get over it already. Thats what happened. It's not a big deal. Really it's not : ) I'm skeptical of them as well for calling it a "security issue." So what if they had to downgrade to .65, that at least explains what a sorry excuse for an OS .65 was.

But if it makes you feel better we'll stick to your story ok?

Labels and clerical errors : )
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-26-09 at 06:59 PM.
    02-26-09 06:56 PM
    Just in case your interested Bigman here's some more info on your clerical errors.....or is it firmware? So confusing!!!! Damn labels!!!!!

BlackBerry Storm's Shipping Delay: Blame the Firmware

or wait here's some more clerical errors............

Verizon BlackBerry Storm online orders delayed due to Security Flaw

BlackBerry Storm shipments delayed due to apparent version glitch - Engadget
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-26-09 at 08:49 PM.
    02-26-09 08:47 PM
122 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD