I returned my storm for a new one 3 times, finally, when I returned it this last time, i let them keep it. Switched back to the Bold.
    05-11-09 09:21 AM
    Two things I can tell. Newer storms are better made as far as click and so on. You should call vzw and tell them and they will ship you a brand new one. They did for me and I am way past 30 days (got my storm Nov 21st). Second, when you say it easily scratches, are you sure there is not a screen protector still on it? I have seen people say that and said they had no protector but when they looked close, there was a protector. Rim uses same material to manufacture every screen. Anyways good luck.

haha yea, and yea i think that they just shine them up, peel off a layer of screen, and send it back out. they dont even give u a new box it comes in cardboard lol
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 09:32 AM
    Ok first don't get me wrong the storm COULD be a great phone. But I'm on my fifth one and idk why but with every refurb it seems to get worse.

The first one went back for dust
    Second for dust and buttons falling off (I mean come on there's like 7 buttons on the thing atleast make um stay on.
    Third screen press issues
    Forth screen will not press
    This one...half the screen doesn't press and nobody can hear me on the other side.

But with the last 2 I've noticed the overall quality going down ,I did a test on one before I sent it back to see how scratch resistant thw screen was and nails and a steak knife couldn't scratch it. Now on #5 my EMPTY pocket scratches the screen. I've been given the option to get a different phone but I want to stay with

ha ha I would think after 5 phones the problem is not the phone, Dude. The problem is you. There are several good fixes for the touch screen, Why don't you fix it.

George
    05-11-09 02:46 PM
    ha ha I would think after 5 phones the problem is not the phone, Dude. The problem is you. There are several good fixes for the touch screen, Why don't you fix it.

George
    Yeah none of the phones are jacked. They are the reason for dust issues and screen press problems with their device. RIM has nothing to do with any hardware defects or problems that a lot of people have suffered through. Great post.
    05-11-09 03:00 PM
    Get a screen protector and stop complaining about the screen scratching.
    And if you tested out knives and stuff on your phone.... Wtf?

05-11-09 03:10 PM
    Get a screen protector and stop complaining about the screen scratching.
    And if you tested out knives and stuff on your phone.... Wtf?

Yeah not sure I could put a knife to my phone to prove a point lol. Maybe to a broke one that has no chance of recovery.
    05-11-09 03:15 PM
    i did it to test what everyone was saying and it proved them right(it WAS unscratchabal) it was right before i sent it back so regarldess i wouldnt need to deal with it.
    05-19-09 09:27 PM
    The stor because I don't like anything else vzw has and because once I get a god one it will have potential to be the phone we all wish it was

I had to post twice cuz the phone went crazy ( just another example)

Riiight... Is it the phone... or the user?
    Last edited by CrackBerry Storm meh; 05-20-09 at 12:03 AM.
    05-19-09 11:56 PM
    Is VZW just repackaging returns and sending them right back out? This is what it is starting to sound like :S:S that must be very frustrating
    05-20-09 09:25 AM
    Is VZW just repackaging returns and sending them right back out? This is what it is starting to sound like :S:S that must be very frustrating
    Could explain all these "repeat" issues people are having with their replacements. One person's "initial" problem gets passed on to another person when the second person gets a replacement.
    05-20-09 09:41 AM
    What exactly does dust due to the Storm?

It annoys the crap outa me! and demonstrates poor workmanship.
    05-20-09 01:59 PM
    [QUOTE=maxwjackson;2409338]Ok first don't get me wrong the storm COULD be a great phone. But I'm on my fifth one and idk why but with every refurb it seems to get worse.

The first one went back for dust
    Second for dust and buttons falling off (I mean come on there's like 7 buttons on the thing atleast make um stay on.
    Third screen press issues
    Forth screen will not press
    This one...half the screen doesn't press and nobody can hear me on the other side.

This is why I'm afraid to send mine back again for the dust problem. I would rather try to remove it like the guy on youtube did....
    05-20-09 02:10 PM
    I'm on my original Storm running .75. (Yes, I am running 4.7.0.75) I can probably count on 6 fingers the number of random reboots I've had (and I would atrribute half of those to me not properly closing apps). I would love to meet one of these people with all the problems and see what they see that I don't.
    05-20-09 02:38 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD