Ok first don't get me wrong the storm COULD be a great phone. But I'm on my fifth one and idk why but with every refurb it seems to get worse.

The first one went back for dust
    Second for dust and buttons falling off (I mean come on there's like 7 buttons on the thing atleast make um stay on.
    Third screen press issues
    Forth screen will not press
    This one...half the screen doesn't press and nobody can hear me on the other side.

But with the last 2 I've noticed the overall quality going down ,I did a test on one before I sent it back to see how scratch resistant thw screen was and nails and a steak knife couldn't scratch it. Now on #5 my EMPTY pocket scratches the screen. I've been given the option to get a different phone but I want to stay with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 07:40 AM
    The stor because I don't like anything else vzw has and because once I get a god one it will have potential to be the phone we all wish it was

I had to post twice cuz the phone went crazy ( just another example)

04-28-09 07:44 AM
    amazing how some people have horrible luck w/ these phones and some people (like myself) have had 0 issues with it. I ready countless threads of phones rebooting/locking up but in the 3 months I have had the phone I think it has locked up like twice for me. Heck my LG phones used to lock up daily.
    04-28-09 07:44 AM
    Oh and one more thing I thought was funny, I talked to coistmer service and they said "oh yes you have a smartphone your voice is SUPPOSED to be muffled. Are you kidding me I don't pay that kind pf money for a phone that u can't have a conversation on!!

04-28-09 07:53 AM
    What exactly does dust due to the Storm?

04-28-09 07:53 AM
    Dust inside the screen, and it just annoyed the **** out of me there's no reason it should be there.

04-28-09 07:56 AM
    Amazing the constant issues some people have... I'm still on my first w/ no issues and recently upgraded to .132

04-28-09 08:39 AM
    Yea I have the 132 5.0 hybrid and its not that bad...but I have mostltv hardware problems

04-28-09 09:25 AM
    Yea I have the 132 5.0 hybrid and its not that bad...but I have mostltv hardware problems

04-28-09 09:31 AM
    Wow 5 phones? That's unbelievable. I am still on Storm #1. To be honest, I wan not sure what to expect. No problems with dust or screen issues. But I have had it reboot once on me. I did not pay too much attention because every phone I have ever owned has done something strange. My last phone would turn off in the middle of a conversation and NOT turn back on!
    04-28-09 09:44 AM
    amazing how some people have horrible luck w/ these phones and some people (like myself) have had 0 issues with it. I ready countless threads of phones rebooting/locking up but in the 3 months I have had the phone I think it has locked up like twice for me. Heck my LG phones used to lock up daily.
    My motorola razor locked up a couple of times a week and had other annoying issues.... Like rebooting every now and then when I opened it up.

04-28-09 09:48 AM
    WOWW, your storm only rebooted once????
    thats a miracale, do not replace that phone no matter what!
    04-28-09 11:25 AM
    To answer your question Max, no the phone is not getting worse and worse. Its always been bad. Going through 5 of them is a pretty big clue.

04-28-09 11:30 AM
    To answer your question Max, no the phone is not getting worse and worse. Its always been bad. Going through 5 of them is a pretty big clue.

haha thanks but from what ive seen with my replacements it is getting worse because im havign problems ive never seen before, and especialy with the screen scratches thing, idk whats up with that i find it very werid
    04-28-09 11:33 AM
    WOWW, your storm only rebooted once????
    thats a miracale, do not replace that phone no matter what!
    yeah thats kinda hard to believe. Wait - are you sure you actually turned it on? Actually there are times mine reboots in secret. I've had my bluetooth on and it will start beeping and I'll get my phone out and it has this really wonderful white screen. You know they could have made that screen blue and at least we would have a familar experience...
    04-28-09 11:45 AM
    haha thanks but from what ive seen with my replacements it is getting worse because im havign problems ive never seen before, and especialy with the screen scratches thing, idk whats up with that i find it very werid
    your voice being muffled is not normal (known issue w/Storm) scratches on the screen were probobly already there and you just noticed them.

You said you keep returning them because you know there's a phone out there that will be what you thought it would be.

In short, your wrong. Its like buying a poodle and thinking it will be a pitbull then you return the poodle for another and on and on it goes : )

Time to move on already.

What you should do is just hold out until the summer when the Tour comes out and just exchange it out at no cost.

04-28-09 11:47 AM
    Simple fact is that there will always be defective units. Doesn't matter what you're manufacturing, if it's mass produced, defects are an unavoidable part of life. Even the mighty Jesus Phone has plenty of refurb models floating around.

The problem here, seems to be that Verizon is no longer bothering to test Storm units that come back in. They just send them right back out as refurbs unless there's like an obvious reason to discard it, like a cracked screen.

Defect rates are always going to be higher at the beginning of production for a device as opposed to after it's been rolling for several years and/or winding down. It can realistically take 1-2 YEARS before they really dial in on the sweet spot for cranking out problem free devices. Just another one of those facts that the student body of 9021-Troll High choose to ignore.

So you've got the fact that Verizon just seems to be sending devices back out without any real testing, and on top of that the fact that the Storm is still very new and they're fine tuning the manufacturing process still. That means it's an unfortunate possibility that situations like yours can occur.

If it's any consolation, by having odds defying bad luck, you make it possible (by the law of averages) for everyone else to have great experiences with the Storm.
    04-28-09 11:55 AM
    I'm on my third...

First one (new) had screen click problems, the second (refurb) had a screen that slid about like a wet dog on a laminate floor and was nothing more than a pretty paperweight anyway - you'd think they would actually test the things for basic functionality like powering up before they ship them out.

After about a month of this messing about and a lot of yelling on my part, they finally sent me a brand new one which, touch wood, has been fine so far. I really hope RIM have improved their processes and QA in the 4 months between #1 and #3!
    04-28-09 12:21 PM
    Sorry to he OP... Super bad luck with your storms. I've had the storm since the second day of release. I've had one replacement for very slight dust under the screen. I now run the OS in my signature and have been keeping track of my uptime without battery pulls. So far I'm over 13 days without a pull and my memory is a 37 megs after 3 hours browsing the internet and playing mafia wars on my bolt browser today from 43 megs when I took it off the charger this morning.
    04-28-09 01:43 PM
    I think they take all the returned units and re-box them and exchange with other users
    05-03-09 02:18 PM
    two words.....USER ERROR, lol just kidding, I guess someone HAD to get the bad ones....good luck hope the next is better....
    05-03-09 02:20 PM
    One more thing.....there is NOOOO company that knowingly sends out defects!! Come on now...people run the tests...if it were your shift, would you care after the 500,000th one NOO you'd keep it moving...lol
    05-03-09 02:21 PM
    One more thing.....there is NOOOO company that knowingly sends out defects!! Come on now...people run the tests...if it were your shift, would you care after the 500,000th one NOO you'd keep it moving...lol
    haha yea, and yea i think that they just shine them up, peel off a layer of screen, and send it back out. they dont even give u a new box it comes in cardboard lol
    05-10-09 08:36 PM
    Does anyone know why the Storm keep rebooting? It happen on mine around 4 times this past weekend.
    05-11-09 07:43 AM
    You said you keep returning them because you know there's a phone out there that will be what you thought it would be.

In short, your wrong. Its like buying a poodle and thinking it will be a pitbull then you return the poodle for another and on and on it goes : )

Time to move on already.
    I read a lot of CK's Storm bashing and I disagree with the overwhelming majority of it, but in this case he is right on. This is the definition of insanity. I love my Storm and it runs beautifully, but there is no way that I would be on my 5th one! Nice poodle analogy, btw!
    05-11-09 07:56 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD