so ive had my storm since day one and i just ralized i can ugrade now even tho its been six months since i got it.....I like the phone and its features its not so slow even tho its still .75.
    verizon doesnt seem like theyre ever going to realease a new os and thats okay.but seriously my phone freezes so much and like i get camera errors sometimes and im just getting tired of it and the battery life being short.Does anyone know if verizon is realeasing a new BB anytime soon?
    i wanted to get the curve that verizon has....the 8330 but is it any good? is it faster than the storm does it freeze as much? i know i wont have a 3.2 camera whats do you guys suggest is there a new phone coming out soon.
    05-18-09 11:27 AM
    1st upgrade to one of the many OS's in the OS threads....
    Second the Curve is a SOLID phone.
    Third wait for VZW's new releases there coming soon and according to rumor they have wi-fi
    05-18-09 11:37 AM
    4th start reading the Curve forums to learn more about it.
    05-18-09 11:51 AM
    4th start reading the Curve forums to learn more about it.
    Dont you dare go and get an ancient Curve (sorry 8330 owners) with the Tour right around the corner! lol.

If ur tired of the Storm, hold that upgrade until the Tour comes out. Thats the next Verizon Berry and it's probably only about a month or 2 down the road. A lil patience and you wont have to deal with buyers remorse when the Tour finally struts her stuff!
    05-18-09 12:15 PM
    Dont you dare go and get an ancient Curve (sorry 8330 owners) with the Tour right around the corner! lol.

If ur tired of the Storm, hold that upgrade until the Tour comes out. Thats the next Verizon Berry and it's probably only about a month or 2 down the road. A lil patience and you wont have to deal with buyers remorse when the Tour finally struts her stuff!
    Based on my first experience with Blackberry (Storm) I would NOT expect anything great from the "Tour". Just my opinion.
    05-18-09 12:42 PM
    Based on my first experience with Blackberry (Storm) I would NOT expect anything great from the "Tour". Just my opinion.
    Sorry you've had such a bad experience...mine has been nothing of the sort. But you can't use the Storm (RIM's first try at a touchscreen-consumer friendly device) to judge what the Tour may be like. Hardware, full QWERTY, corporate friendly phone's like the Tour are RIM's bread and butter!

I personally love the Storm and have had nothing but great experiences with it, but I'd recommend the Tour for someone who's in the market for a Verizon blackberry thats not the Storm (I know its not out yet, its just TOO hard to believe RIM could mess the Tour up). Getting the Curve would seem too much like going back in time for me. Just my opinion tho.
    05-18-09 12:47 PM
    NOR would I EVER buy a first gen. from RIM EVER AGAIN.

LESSON LEARNED the hard way.
    05-18-09 01:06 PM
    I agree xxfire.

Never again will I buy a RIM first GEN. They don't have it together. No maintenance or support for the Storm. Really a let down....

Though the TOUR is QWERTY I don't have faith that RIM will have it fully tweaked by release after this STORM fiasco.
    05-18-09 03:12 PM
    The tour and the storm are totally different beasts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 03:28 PM
    NOR would I EVER buy a first gen. from RIM EVER AGAIN.

LESSON LEARNED the hard way.
    I hope you don't think the tour is a first gen phone lol.
    Its simply and advancement of the 8830/8330 which it will be a solid device.
    it looks awesome.

05-18-09 03:34 PM
    so ive had my storm since day one and i just ralized i can ugrade now even tho its been six months since i got it.....I like the phone and its features its not so slow even tho its still .75.
    verizon doesnt seem like theyre ever going to realease a new os and thats okay.but seriously my phone freezes so much and like i get camera errors sometimes and im just getting tired of it and the battery life being short.Does anyone know if verizon is realeasing a new BB anytime soon?
    i wanted to get the curve that verizon has....the 8330 but is it any good? is it faster than the storm does it freeze as much? i know i wont have a 3.2 camera whats do you guys suggest is there a new phone coming out soon.
    If the camera is a big thing....and i may get slammed for this (feel free )...the camera on the Curve takes much better indoor pics than the Storm...outside pics are about the same (and yes I've adjusted settings, blah blah blah). I took a few pics with both at the same time to compare and couldn't believe the difference. The large screen on the Storm gives false interpretations sometimes.

Overall performance...the Storm needs a leaked OS to perform with the Curve but then you get into 'do you want a flashy touchscreen' or 'physical keyboard' debate.

I say keep the Storm and pick up a Curve on eBay or Craigslist and try it out.

Though the TOUR is QWERTY I don't have faith that RIM will have it fully tweaked by release after this STORM fiasco.
    And RIM didn't push the Storm out...Verizon did.
    Last edited by unseenme; 05-18-09 at 03:46 PM.
    05-18-09 03:42 PM
    first gen devices from RIM haven't had these many issues historically. this is the first one of any consequence, and i blame VZW for pushing the device too soon. it wasn't ready for release. then again, if they waited we still wouldn't have it.
    05-18-09 05:52 PM
    first gen devices from RIM haven't had these many issues historically. this is the first one of any consequence, and i blame VZW for pushing the device too soon. it wasn't ready for release. then again, if they waited we still wouldn't have it.
    very interesting reasoning you have their...
    05-18-09 06:25 PM
    very interesting reasoning you have their...
    well if the CEO didn't step in, idk if there would be an OS that they would have passed yet. their standards and expectations would have failed every OS build that's come through so far.
    05-18-09 06:39 PM
    do what ya gotta do man.
    05-19-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD