If the media player rumors are true VZW is getting close to launch since I just saw a VZW Rhapsody ad. Very interesting. They anounced Vcast powered by Rhapsody which is rumored as the media support on the steom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 08:29 PM
    If the media player rumors are true VZW is getting close to launch since I just saw a VZW Rhapsody ad. Very interesting. They anounced Vcast powered by Rhapsody which is rumored as the media support on the steom.

I have it on Voyager.
    09-04-08 08:58 PM
    Yeah vcast music with rhapsody been around for a bit now. storm, dare, voyager, chocolate 3, juke.... all support it! Unfortunately this is just an ad, nothing indicating the arrival of the storm, thanks for the potential info though!
    09-05-08 08:09 AM
    I just saw the ad last night I thought it was a push. Never heard the rhapsody part until last night. That's what sparked the post.

09-05-08 08:31 AM
    Does anyone use that service right now? how much does it cost? What is the bitrate? how is the music selection?
    09-05-08 09:18 AM
    Rhapsody isn't that interesting to me...

Earlier this last month I posted a thread in the BlackBerry News & Rumors section here about Live365 coming to the BB phone. This is a huge internet radio offering and is something I can't wait to tap into... If you want internet radio on your phone you might want to check this out...

Here is my original thread if anyone is interested in Live365.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/liv...-coming-65361/

Dennis
    09-05-08 12:56 PM
    Rhapsody is amazing to me.... but to each their own...

Rhapsody is a program, 15 bucks a month on your verizon wireless bill ((If it works for your phone)) and you have unlimited streaming from your PC of 99.98% of their catalog. ((Bands like The Eagles, Metallica, they cost money still))

So unlimited streaming from over 5 million songs is sweet, but not all.

Unlimited music transfers of all those songs to up to 3 devices, ((Cell phones with vcast music w/ rhapsody included, MP3 players alot of them **Not all**)).

So 15 bucks a month, up to 3 computers can stream unlimited tracks a month, build playlists etc. Up to 3 music devices that are compatible with the software ((majority that I have plugged into it other than Ipod and older verizon phones since this is a brand new product)) you get unlimited transfers that have a 30 day subscription, after 30 days you resync it and you can keep it loaded as long as your subscription is active. For the price of one CD a month I got 10 gigs of music that I can always interchange... legally!

I still buy bands CD's that I want to support for my own collection, but its still nice to round it out very easily with bands/cd's where I only like one song or a few from different albums.
    09-05-08 02:12 PM
    Rhapsody is amazing to me.... but to each their own...

Rhapsody is a program, 15 bucks a month on your verizon wireless bill ((If it works for your phone)) and you have unlimited streaming from your PC of 99.98% of their catalog. ((Bands like The Eagles, Metallica, they cost money still))

So unlimited streaming from over 5 million songs is sweet, but not all.

Unlimited music transfers of all those songs to up to 3 devices, ((Cell phones with vcast music w/ rhapsody included, MP3 players alot of them **Not all**)).

So 15 bucks a month, up to 3 computers can stream unlimited tracks a month, build playlists etc. Up to 3 music devices that are compatible with the software ((majority that I have plugged into it other than Ipod and older verizon phones since this is a brand new product)) you get unlimited transfers that have a 30 day subscription, after 30 days you resync it and you can keep it loaded as long as your subscription is active. For the price of one CD a month I got 10 gigs of music that I can always interchange... legally!

I still buy bands CD's that I want to support for my own collection, but its still nice to round it out very easily with bands/cd's where I only like one song or a few from different albums.
    Sounds good, but I prefer getting my music from eMusic. It costs me $20 month and I get 75 downloads a month. I use eMusic because they have the more artists that play my genre of music, which is Electronic Ambient and have more then other sites I've checked into.

Also, Live365 only costs from, $5.94 - $7.95 depending on when you want you billing. With Live365 you get *over* 10,000, that's right, 10,000 internet radio stations with each station ran by people like you and me who hand select their playlists from their personal libraries and MP3 download they get from where-ever.

I've found the stations I listen to to be excellent in their music offerings... and with the Live365 Mobile offering this makes it a slam dunk for me since I will run the BB through my car radio... using a FM transmitter.

But like you said, to each there own.

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 09-05-08 at 06:18 PM.
    09-05-08 03:32 PM
    absolutely sounds like an amzing deal! I never really have issues on rhapsody but I listen to classics mostly, I'm not a radio fan at all. And most peoples music tastes arent as eclectic as mine, hehe. Both sound like good deals and the Live365 looks like it would be worth checking out. I would just need to find someone with Beatles, Eagles, Master P, Soundtracks, Beethoven, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Johnny Horton, Screaming Jay Hawkins.... ahhh ya get the point....

being a musician and truly embracing music for what it is actually turns out to be bad sometimes with so much love for all styles of music.
    09-05-08 04:17 PM
    absolutely sounds like an amzing deal! I never really have issues on rhapsody but I listen to classics mostly, I'm not a radio fan at all. And most peoples music tastes arent as eclectic as mine, hehe. Both sound like good deals and the Live365 looks like it would be worth checking out. I would just need to find someone with Beatles, Eagles, Master P, Soundtracks, Beethoven, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Johnny Horton, Screaming Jay Hawkins.... ahhh ya get the point....

being a musician and truly embracing music for what it is actually turns out to be bad sometimes with so much love for all styles of music.
    Not plugging Live365 since I have no dogs in this fight, but if you can't find stations that cater to exactly what you want there, you won't find them anywhere.

Check out L365's genre section, then go into a category and look at what stations are offered...

Browse Live365 Genres of Music

Anyway, whatever you wish to choose, happy listening.
    Dennis
    09-05-08 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD