View Poll Results: how do you like/dislike your BB Storm?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • very satisfied with storm

14 38.89%
  • somewhat satisfied with storm

9 25.00%
  • somewhat dis-satisfied with storm

2 5.56%
  • Very very dis-satisfied with the storm

11 30.56%
    what do you think is the storm garbage?
    i personally hate the dialup slow browser if compared to windows that is.
    i hate the freezing figgitty slow touch screen
    i hate the 3 sec delay in pic taking while it focusses
    i hate how fast heavy use drains the battery in minutes
    i hate the fact it doesnt have one tenth the apps as i phone
    i hate the fact that i am stuck either paying 85/mo for 3 yrs for this POS phone or 600 bucks to cancel it!

i could go on n on
    07-05-10 11:01 PM
    This is my 5th BlackBerry (8130,8310, 8330,9000, 9630)and I'm loving my 9530!! No issues with any of which you have previously posted... Battery life for me is awesome being that I watch full movies from my SD card all day... I get at least 10 hours out of the battery before I'm down to 30%... I'm loving the applications for BlackBerry in general, and IMO they're that much better on my Storm... I'm content with my 9530 for now but definitely looking to upgrade to either the 9550 or the S3...
    07-05-10 11:30 PM
    Its the only device on CB with its own rants and raves forum so count through the hundreds of threads here and you will have your answer. Let us know if the rants outweigh the raves

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 02:14 AM
    what do you think is the storm garbage?
    i personally hate the dialup slow browser if compared to windows that is.
    i hate the freezing figgitty slow touch screen
    i hate the 3 sec delay in pic taking while it focusses
    i hate how fast heavy use drains the battery in minutes
    i hate the fact it doesnt have one tenth the apps as i phone
    i hate the fact that i am stuck either paying 85/mo for 3 yrs for this POS phone or 600 bucks to cancel it!

i could go on n on
    How did you manage to get a contract with a 3 year term and a $600 ETF? Did you negotiate that one your self? Take the phone back and get a droid. The storm is not for you.
    07-07-10 03:19 PM
    I thought my Storm1 was the greatest thing since sliced bread at first. Now, not so much. Locks up with increased frequency, will only charge after a batt pull, screen is slowly becoming less responsive, drains memory as they all do, screen light dims and brightens for no reason, and the red phone button fell off. The best part, only 6 months left under contract
    07-08-10 09:22 PM
    Half way through my 3 year contract.
    I don't mind it at all. Freezes up so I have to pull battery at times but other than that its a decent phone.

07-09-10 05:43 PM
    I got one towards the end of the run when they were buy one get one free. It brought me into crackberry from xda and winmo (and AT&T).

I guess they made them a little better then, because I've had zero problems and love watching movies with bluetooth stereo. Best entertainment phone I've had and the email is awesome. The new generation of phones is awesome of course, but this one is fine until upgrade time.

If only I could have a @#$% NES emulator, I'd have no gripes...I miss the days of having a new awesome program or feature just by loading a .cab file!
    07-10-10 11:37 PM
    Half way through my 3 year contract.
    I don't mind it at all. Freezes up so I have to pull battery at times but other than that its a decent phone.

A 3 year contract? Do they honestly offer those? I have been through a lot of cellphones and haven't seen that before. Was the phone free?
    07-12-10 10:57 AM
    It might be a Telus thing...

Scott
    07-12-10 01:38 PM
    I was an early adopter on the first generation Storm a couple years ago. I liked it at first but now I know better ... I have an iTouch and iPad 3G and the Internet browsing experience is lovely compared to the Storm. It is just about impossible to use it for a Web experience. It does do email just fine but pressing the keys is a pain compared to the light touch needed for the Apple products. If Verizon doesn't get an iPhone soon I will defect to AT&T because I will not get another Storm unless there is significant improvement.
    07-12-10 07:48 PM
    When I used the phone as my daily driver it was a 50/50 shot. When it worked I made all the iPhone and other smart phone users worship at my feet, but when it didn't work, let's just say I wasn't a happy camper.
    07-13-10 03:40 AM
    If Verizon doesn't get an iPhone soon I will defect to AT&T because I will not get another Storm unless there is significant improvement.
    What is it about the android phones that are keeping you away?
    07-13-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD