Hello all!

I'm looking to download a couple of games for my Storm. I was hoping those of you who have already downloaded and tried some of the games that are currently available might post to give a quick thumbs up or thumbs down on the ones you've tried. I did a search and though there are various reviews spread out through the forums, I thought it might be worth having one place to go to read up on this subject. I also realise that game choices are somewhat limited right now. Hopefully this improves once the app centre launches.

If possible, please provide the following info:

- game title and download link, if possible
    - review of the game
    - if the game is in compatibility mode
    - if not in compatibility mode, if it is just touch or touch and click

Thanks in advance to all who reply! I hope others will also get use out of this thread.
    Last edited by SpicytacoTO; 01-12-09 at 02:25 PM.
    01-12-09 02:22 PM
    i do not recommend any of the EA games from bplay (e.g. bejeweled, monopoly, etc.)

all use a split screen, meaning half the screen is the game and the other half is the keyboard. it does this regardless of whether or not you enable or disable compatibility mode.
    01-12-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks Changal, that's exactly the type of thing I'm hoping to know before I download. Hopefully EA will improve this soon.
    01-12-09 02:45 PM
    Texas Hold'Em with Phil Hellmuth

Decent game. Easy to play, lots of options.
    Does not run in Compatibility mode. Uses the full screen (runs in landscape only). Utilizes the touch but not the click.

There are a few control-related glitches with it. In order to move forward through the menus, you have to touch the selection you want and then press the BB menu button to more forward (back button works properly).
    01-12-09 02:46 PM
    Solitaire Buddy!

This game is great and it has alot of card games to boot. A must have for any one who was addicied to Klondike on other BB's. and it avalible right here on Crackberry!!!! Thank you Nickelbuddy!!!!!!

01-13-09 09:30 AM
    Solitaire Buddy!

This game is great and it has alot of card games to boot. A must have for any one who was addicied to Klondike on other BB's. and it avalible right here on Crackberry!!!! Thank you Nickelbuddy!!!!!!

What is collapse? Is that any good? Where can I find it?
    01-13-09 11:40 AM
    What is collapse? Is that any good? Where can I find it?

Collapse is like Bubble Breaker (windows Moblie)....Collapse is sold here on CB. it's ok win Mob is better. don't waste your money...
    01-13-09 12:38 PM
    Solitaire Buddy is really expensive IMO
    01-13-09 01:24 PM
    Solitaire Buddy!

I personally love Spider Solitaire. I tried this game on the Storm and it has been optimized for the Storm -- works great. I do have one major beef. When I do play Spider Solitaire, I usually play with only two suits. It appears that this option does not exist. It defaults to all 4 suits and stays that way.

Does anyone know if ther is a Spider Solitaire (for the Storm) that gives the option to play with 2 suits?
    01-13-09 01:56 PM
    Solitaire Buddy is really expensive IMO
    "really expensive....$9.95.....what????
    01-13-09 02:05 PM
    thanks for all the replies so far. Solitaire buddy seems interesting. Any other thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 12:52 PM
    I can tell you three games to avoid: Magmic Spades, Magmic Hearts and Crash Bandicoot. Cheesy ports that are very, very clunky to use. Complete waste of money.
    01-15-09 02:01 PM
    I mistakenly bought the Monopoly from B-play. It's horrible!
    01-15-09 03:02 PM
    "really expensive....$9.95.....what????
    Ten dollars is kind of expensive for a phone game.
    01-15-09 03:29 PM
    For a freebie, Tiltris is decent.

01-18-09 06:52 AM
    nintaii is 9.95 for the full version and a fun puzzle game. there's also a free trial, but it doesn't really do the full version justice.
    Last edited by SpiralLight; 01-20-09 at 07:03 AM.
    01-18-09 06:57 AM
    Anyone find a good bejeweled-style game yet?

01-19-09 02:29 PM
    For a freebie, Tiltris is decent.

I'm going to agree here tiltris is the best game I have found so far on the storm.

01-19-09 05:14 PM
    Nintaii always a good bet. Seems rather simple, but you'll get hooked in no time. Available for Storm, can get it in the app store here at Crackberry.
    01-19-09 05:17 PM
    yea tiltris is a pretty slick game and it being free makes it even better!
    01-19-09 06:06 PM
    ha yeah tiltris is damn fun
    01-19-09 06:28 PM
    Hi all.

Not that this game compares to tiltris, but in the intrest of cheap time killers, MiaPuzzle is a win for me. It's a very simple touch and drag puzzle game. Like I said, free and a time killer.

OTA
    http://wap.berryblow.com
    01-19-09 06:43 PM
    I second avoiding Monopoly from B-play.
    01-20-09 07:00 AM
    Ten dollars is kind of expensive for a phone game.
    considering the iphone app store is filled w/ good $0.99 apps, not to mention loads of free apps (same w/ android stuff) $10 for card games is ridiculous. Most of the stuff for the storm right now is $10....

not saying everything has to be dirt cheap. but if the app store is mostly $10+ apps it's going to be a pretty pale comparison to apple...
    01-20-09 11:17 AM
    Yeah tilris is a solid game for a freebee. I would recommend you stay away from crash bandicoot. Sad part is I really like the game itself but the controls are absolute crap.
    01-20-09 12:23 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD