Loved the phone. Hated Verizon's descision to update it to a working build 5 months later. The Storm had it's problems but when I loaded Lyricals Hybrid .141/V5 it was running alot smoother, but there were other issues I had to keep dealing with. This was my 2nd Storm and I didn't want to go through it again with a 3rd one. The screen was slowly going out on mine. Pressing a key on the left side of the virtual keyboard would light up one on the far right side . Trying to check my call log would instead register a screen press on the bottom of the screen. To top it off I can't handle the bill anymore. Even without VZNav or Visual VM my bill still exceeded $100 with my %15 military discount with my 450 minute plan (unlimited txt and data which I know I could bump down too but I'de rather not incur even more charges if I went over.

I have nothing again the coverage. Verizon's covered here in Tampa is excellent. Never did I drop a call unlike my LG Fusic on Sprint. I don't regret that the Storm was my first Smartphone/PDA but it has helped me to realize that I don't think it's my style. I've since switch over to the G1 on T-Mobile and halfed my bill for the same minutes and unlimited data/txts with these guys. I'm not going to go into a rave about it, just saying that so far I like it, and the fact that Verizon's $10 VZNav is free on the G1 with the various apps available without restricted access to the GPS (which verizon locks down on their phones).

You guys at Crackberry have helped me alot (through searching posts and guides) with my Storm, especially when I first got into the leaked/beta OS's available. Honestly Verizon needs to hire you guys here that work on the updates and stabalize them on the Storm because it's apparent Verizon's own techs can't wrap their minds around it. It's also kinda funny, and ironic (to me) that 2 days after I switch from this phone and carrier .148 was certified and will be pushed tomorrow. For me it was too little to late. I'll still be lurking because the info on here is excellent but I won't be doing so as a BB user anymore. Cheers.
    05-30-09 11:03 AM
    Amen... Good luck with your new phone
    05-30-09 11:08 AM
    Yeah congrats on your G1. Android is pretty nice.
    05-30-09 11:11 AM
    Good luck to and your G1.
    05-30-09 11:23 AM
    You'll be back. Once you go blackberry you never go back!
    05-30-09 12:21 PM
    Haha, I don't about that, but I do know that I can never go back to a standard cell phone, no matter how much multimedia functions it has. There was a world of difference between my LG Fusic/LG Voyager, and my 5 months with the Storm. That's why I went with Android this time, I still wanted smartphone functions, but I wasn't sure about WinMo.
    05-30-09 12:25 PM
    A solution to your monthly bill problem would have been to switch over to a business plan.

I'm assuming you had the $39.99 / month 450 minute plan, the required BIS data plan, and whatever text amount.

If you get the $99.99 business plan, it has 450 minutes and includes unlimited data (BIS) and texts. With your 15% discount, you'd be paying $85 before the other random fees. You wouldn't be losing anything service-wise, and you'd be paying less per month for it.

It pays (literally) to get to know your pricing plans!

But if the phone didn't work out for you, then there's not point in keeping the service. Good luck on your G1!
    05-30-09 11:48 PM
    No one can blame you for trading up. The Storm needs some work - even with .148 it is far from ideal. I'm not sure if the G1 is better but I hope you have better luck with it.
    05-31-09 08:46 AM
    Thank god for good signal or i'd consider switching too
    05-31-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD