Alright guys, I'm in the middle of trying to decide between the 8900 and the Storm, question about the Storm is it even fully functional when it's unlocked for Tmobile U.S? Like do all the features (besides 3G) work? Getting email, blackberry messenger and what not? and how about apps.. cause obviously the apps that come with the VZW won't work.

So can u give me a run down about your experiences when unlocking the phone for another carrier and if it's even worth it? cause if its not i'll stick to my 8900 and sell my Storm which i'm getting tomarrow.
    03-02-09 11:02 PM
    If you get the service books for Tmo and have the data plan on your account, data/sms/mms/email etc should all work.

I dont know much else though, since I dont run mine on Tmo
    03-02-09 11:16 PM
    there is a thread in the How to section. im having a problem linking right now but go check it out

its called HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx
    03-02-09 11:19 PM
    yes all your data features will work, as long as you have the Blackberry Plan on the line... follow pltaylor's how-to. Only upside i see is the 8900 has WiFi, but I have my Storm running on ATT and have yet to think "i could really use wifi right now"
    03-02-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD