So you download the flashlight application for the storm and it uses the screen as a flashlight, but is there an application that uses the flash from the camera as a light. It makes more sense. The flash is just a magnified LED and its super bright. Please let me know if this is or isn't possible.
    06-12-09 06:58 PM
    If you have a program like QuickLaunch, you can create a shortcut to your lighted video camera, and just name it flashlight.
    06-12-09 07:00 PM
    let me know if someone gets this working
    06-12-09 07:10 PM
    There was alot of talk about this in the Storm's early days. If I remember right, RIM wouldn't allow developers to access to the camera flash. This explains why all the flashlight apps just use a white screen.
    06-12-09 09:50 PM
    I've used this for months now it works perfect.

Easy directions:

1.Purchase Quicklaunch (available here in the appstore $4.99)
    (We will use Quicklaunch for fast access to your camera.)

2. Set up Quicklaunch to launch your video camera.
    (You can change the name to flashlight if you so desire.)

3.Open your video camera and press the BB menu key bring up options.

4. Set your video light to ON
    (whenever you open your camera the light will stay on)

5. We're done told you it was easy!

Now your flashlight is only two screenpresses away at anytime. I personally use a theme that has a launcher icon for Quicklaunch that keeps QL at the top of my homescreen. There you have it quick and easy flashlight. Sorry it costs a little, but Quicklaunch is a very usefull program you will get way more use with it than just the flashlight.

Hope this helped!!
    06-12-09 09:57 PM
    EASIER DIRECTIONS:

Go into your "applications" folder

Highlight 'video camera'

Bb button>move to folder>home

Now you're only ONE click away.
    And its FREE.

PWND.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 10:15 PM
    EASIER DIRECTIONS:

Go into your "applications" folder

Highlight 'video camera'

Bb button>move to folder>home

Now you're only ONE click away.
    And its FREE.

PWND.

Yeah that work too. I already had quicklaunch and its great for many other things too.

As for your PWND what are you 12 grow up.
    06-12-09 10:32 PM
    Settle down ladies!

06-12-09 10:51 PM
    sorry!

10char
    06-12-09 10:57 PM
    I want a dedicated app. If you change orientations the light goes off abd then comes back on. You also have to keep your finger moving on the screen or the backlight will dim and the led cuts off

06-12-09 11:07 PM
    We would all love a dedicated app I hope one can be made some day, but don't hold your breath.
    Maybe RIM will let it happen sooner or later and we won't have to do these work arounds.
    06-12-09 11:32 PM
    i use shortcutme.. i have it set up to use the led.. its way better than that other BS.. they call a flashlight..
    06-13-09 12:53 AM
    So you download the flashlight application for the storm and it uses the screen as a flashlight, but is there an application that uses the flash from the camera as a light. It makes more sense. The flash is just a magnified LED and its super bright. Please let me know if this is or isn't possible.
    If you have ShortcutMe you can set it up so that from anywhere just double clicking a convenience key lights up the real flash light. Simple and fast.

ShortcutMe has free trail version. Try it for your self.
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
    06-13-09 01:50 AM
    Are you shortcutting to the actual LED or simply the video camera? If only the video camera, then you can just set a convenience key to open that. I also have stoptilt and am able to disable auto rotation when video and LED are up...

06-13-09 05:11 AM
    Quick launch works best. Not as cluttered and very clen interface. CrackBerryAppStore.com just set your video camera flash. I don't see rim changing it.

06-13-09 05:59 AM
    This theread provides a tip on how to do this yourself....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/usi...shlight-237668
    06-29-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD