Title says it all.... Has anyone came across a program to keep camera light on as a flashlight?
    02-05-09 02:29 AM
    I know they are out there to do what your asking but I've heard it drains the battery something terrible! I have also heard of a different one that uses the LED as a flashlight and may not be as hard on your battery? Try searching in 3rd party apps.
    02-05-09 02:32 AM
    Yeah I understand that the brilliantly made storm light will significantly kill your battery but when you are in that situation where you need a bright a$$ light theres nothing better than the storm light...
    02-05-09 02:37 AM
    Wow have not seen this thread title in a while! Lol! There is no app for it yet, but you can set you video camera light to always on so you can use that as a flashlight! Then set video camera to home screen or as convience key!
    02-05-09 02:50 AM
    I have an app that I'm going to release tomorrow when I get my signature keys again.

However it's not what people are expecting. RIM doesn't allow control over the FLASH that is on the video camera.

With that being said I developed an app that will provide you with a blank white screen, it will set the backlight to turn off at the max 255 seconds. You will also be able to control the brightness by swiping your finger up and down.
    02-05-09 03:31 AM
    Free? Price?
    02-05-09 03:55 AM
    Free? Price?
    It will be free, it's a rather simple app.
    02-05-09 04:08 AM
    Good idea it could be a reading light (even though I don't read) or some sort of do not disturb your significant other while sneaking in light! Lol! I especially like the adjustable feature! Thanks!
    02-05-09 04:15 AM
    Good idea it could be a reading light (even though I don't read) or some sort of do not disturb your significant other while sneaking in light! Lol! I especially like the adjustable feature! Thanks!
    Yeah, I hate having to turn on the light after my eyes have adjusted to the darkness.

I figured with the dimmer you can use as much light as you need.
    02-05-09 04:33 AM
    Rather than a flashlight application, I find a FAR superior option to be to change the Video Camera options to flash on and move the Video Camera to the Quick Launch menu (or home menu) and within 2 clicks, I have a flashlight.

Of course this is not effective if you actually use the Video Camera a lot. However, I would think this works for most people and would prefer that developers spend their time working on other applications.

For my use (and I bet most others) this is better than taking up application memory and downloading an app for a flashlight.
    02-05-09 09:49 AM
    I just go to the BB Options screen if I need a bit of light - that's a white background and cranks out plenty of lux.
    02-05-09 10:05 AM
    I have an app that I'm going to release tomorrow when I get my signature keys again.

However it's not what people are expecting. RIM doesn't allow control over the FLASH that is on the video camera.

With that being said I developed an app that will provide you with a blank white screen, it will set the backlight to turn off at the max 255 seconds. You will also be able to control the brightness by swiping your finger up and down.
    Good stuff dmg!!! This is would be a very good utility app.
    02-05-09 10:16 AM
    An added feature to this could be a "mirror" (i.e. backlight off) setting. Thus it is a light/mirror app. Maybe this is already in there - in which case it could be a "selling" point.
    02-05-09 10:55 AM
    02-07-09 09:11 PM
    That's actually the app I coded up. I forgot about this thread though. The flashligh app is floating around crackberry forums somewhere lol.
    02-07-09 09:19 PM
    That's actually the app I coded up. I forgot about this thread though. The flashligh app is floating around crackberry forums somewhere lol.
    I downloaded dmg's app this morning and it works very well. The the light on the storm would be better if it was possible but this app will get you the light you need when you need it. Thanks to dmg for this one!!
    02-07-09 11:52 PM
    I just did what i have done with all of my other BB's. Set the left conv key to the video recorder and set the light to always be on for the recorder...It is wicked bright and is there with the press of one key.
    02-08-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD