Is there a way to use my Storm, either via USB or BT, to connect to my fax machine? I'd like to get rid of my landline because thats the only thing I use it for now but I'd like to know if the Storm will function in this capacity.

To clarify, I would like to eliminate my landline and use my Storm in lieu of the landline to let my fax machine send faxes.

Please be clear and specific as I obviously need some direction on this. Thanks!
    02-20-09 05:00 PM
    You could always use this route:

eFax - Internet Fax to Email Services
    Internet Fax - Fax to Email - Online Fax Services
    Internet Fax - Online Fax To Email Service - MyFax.com

With these services you wouldn't even need your fax at all. Others could send you faxes right to your email, and you could send emails right to their faxes. If you needed a hard copy, you just print the email from a PC.
    02-20-09 05:33 PM
    Thanks, however I frequently need to scan and fax documents so I want something that I can incorporate into my fax machine
    02-20-09 07:07 PM
    So you want your storm to act as your fax line? I wonder if any of the PC-based software would pickup the call from your storm... I just googled a bit and this might help:

Conniq.com Bluetooth Notes: Fax over Bluetooth

EDIT:
    I just read a bit more on that site and that... is effing cool beans.
    02-20-09 07:20 PM
    I am in the same situation and would love an answer to this. I thought visual voicemail was going to be the answer to my problems but you have to call in and deliver them to a fax line which does me no good since I would still need the land line to deliver my faxes. I guess if I had a remote site to print out my faxes it would work.

Please pipe in people. I actually terminated my land line today and I would like to have a faxing function (and I'd prefer not to use efax)
    02-20-09 07:23 PM
    I tried to connect mine to WinFax Pro via the USB cable and I couldn't get it to see the phone... I mean I was shocked... I used to fax this way with my Razr Maxx all the time. There has to be a way I just haven't found it yet...

I don't know about hooking it up to a traditional fax machine because you would have to have someway for it to emulate a lan line...
    02-20-09 07:55 PM
    Thanks, however I frequently need to scan and fax documents so I want something that I can incorporate into my fax machine
    Not sure why this would exclude online faxing.

Scan and email to a fax number.

Or use the storm> take a pic and email to a fax number.

I use trustfax, btw. Works great with the storm (in and out)
    02-20-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD