I'm thinking about getting an extended battery (and back cover) for my Storm 1

I notice there are at least 3 different batteries:

1600 mAh - Standard battery
    2600 mAh - Extended battery
    3000 mAh - Extended battery

Does anyone have any experience with extended batteries,
    I would appreciate any tips or info on the 2600 & 3000

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    10-27-09 09:56 PM
    I purchased an extended life battery, which is by far the most awesome battery for this phone and it lasts forever...

The downside is the cheap plastic door which breaks very easily and how hard it is to get the door replaced once you do break it. Do a search on the seidio extended life battery and it should come up with a few threads on people opinions...
    10-27-09 10:17 PM
    Did you buy the 2600 or the 3000 mAh?

And I'll look at "seidio extended life battery" and see what I come up with.
    10-27-09 11:40 PM
    i have the 2400 mAh - Extended battery

I would recommend just buying another standard battery.

Its a big hassle switching back and forth because with the extended batteries it comes with a larger back for your phone which means you have to carry it too if the extended doesn't last you all day and night. then again i am on my phone hours and hours.

Having extended battery with a larger back to your phone also means it won't fit in your standard holster. i can somewhat squeeze it in my old holster but its a huge hassle. the 3000 mAh won't fit at all in your traditional case.

so again i would just buy one more standard battery.

I do however recommend buying batteries from here...

Cell Phone Accessories at Wholesale Prices - WirelessGround.com

Cheapest for OEM batteries.
    Last edited by x1208x; 10-28-09 at 12:20 AM.
    10-28-09 12:17 AM
    10-28-09 12:24 AM
    I bought the 2400 through crackberry.com here and the support has been wonderful through seidio so when something does go wrong they do take care of you...

Its broken so many times Ive actually given up on sending it back, waiting, getting a new one, breaking it even though ive never dropped it or abused it, contacting seidio, sending it back, waiting to get a new one...

Buy an OEM battery and just keep one with you, its so much easier than dealing with have a cheap battery door. Ive broken the cheap plastic door and its more of a hassel than its worth.

If they made a metal door, I would never go back to my OEM battery. The life of the battery is AMAZING and can last for 2-3 days on a charge with pretty decently heavy use...

Stay away from the extended batteries until they make a metal door that comes with them..
    10-28-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks to all for your advice & links. This really helps!
    10-30-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD