This is the location for every OS you install for any BB.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Go into the OS you want to copy from, copy the CDMA folder, then go back one folder and go into the OS you want to copy to and rename the existing CDMA to CDMA.old or -old then copy the CDMA you want into your current OS folder. The switch a radio tool does this with just clicking buttons.
    Now I'm cookin' thanks so much for the help.
    06-03-09 10:35 AM
    no problem, the trick with the switch a radio tool is to browse directly to the OS folder, not the folders inside it or the Loader folder, either will give you error messages. I did it once or twice by accident.
    06-03-09 02:59 PM
    no problem
    Ghost check it out, I have been fighting with this thing all day bro....and had to re-install service books and the whole 9. What am i doing wrong? I used the tool to change the radio to .90 and then I think I re-installed .148 but it read .144 then everything just went to ****.... can you give me step by step? I promise I haven't been smoking anything! Just BBretarded. Help me please?
    06-03-09 03:04 PM
    Ghost check it out, I have been fighting with this thing all day bro....and had to re-install service books and the whole 9. What am i doing wrong? I used the tool to change the radio to .90 and then I think I re-installed .148 but it read .144 then everything just went to ****.... can you give me step by step? I promise I haven't been smoking anything! Just BBretarded. Help me please?
    dl and install the 148 os on your pc.
    dl and install the 90 os on your pc.
    create a new folder on your desk top for a place to put the unused radio codes.
    follow the path that was listed earlier in this thread to get to the radio files then open the folder for the 148 os.
    drag the cdma radio file from there to the folder you just created.
    back yourself out of the 148 os files and then open the folder for the os 90.
    find the cdma folder.
    right click on the file and select copy.
    then go back into the 148 folder for cdma. there should be nothing in it when you open it up.
    right click and select paste.
    the 90 radio is now written into the 148 os and ready to be installed on the phone.
    06-03-09 04:57 PM
    I have been updating my Storm to the latest leaks for months. As soon as the updates went past .90 the EDGE/edge problems started.

What some of you who replace their radio with .90 might experience is crashes, freezes, VSOD (Verizon Screen of Death) on reboots, etc. Sometimes it gets so back I wanted to throw the Storm against the wall as it was useless anyway.

What I found works is if you use only apps that can only use the BIS/BES data connection. You can use the latest radio's as long as you disable the APN/TCP settings and ALSO do not install or use apps that try the TCP connection. Unless you can configure the APP back to BIS.

Here is a post that discusses this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/no...ml#post2657069
    06-03-09 05:17 PM
    If its gone gone, wipe it with BBSAK or L Cmdr, reload the OS you want using the DM, use the switch a radio tool to add the radio you want, follow the steps to re-add your service books and you should be good,
    06-18-09 03:16 PM
    I try to use that process but when copied the file and restart my BB I show a error message when trying to restart and kept restarted again and again. What I did wrong?
    06-20-09 10:38 AM
    Anyone know how to force individual apps to run bis?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:30 PM
    enable TCP, apps dont use BIS, its for e-mail accts, thats why when you log into your carriers BIS site you only see e-mail accts.
    06-27-09 09:13 PM
    Search for my post BIS vs BES, or i think it maybe labeled BES vs BIS, cant remember, it will explain exactly what BIS is.
    06-27-09 09:14 PM
    Hi All...

This seems to be the right thread. I have a 9530 unlocked running the .148/5.0 hybrid and the current radio I'm trying is .132. I've also tried the .148 OS straight. I have an unlimited data plan w/ AT&T. I can browse, get emails etc. It seems like when the phone tests the MDS connection, that's when EDGE changes to edge. This happens everytime I open Pandora. I've yet to hear a single beat of a song. I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing or if there's a radio/OS combination thats working well (including Pandora) on AT&T.

Thanks,
    Don
    06-28-09 07:59 AM
    enable TCP, apps dont use BIS, its for e-mail accts, thats why when you log into your carriers BIS site you only see e-mail accts.
    Not quite saying ur wrong, but apps like ubbertwitter and few others work under bis connection without enabling tcp. On ubbertwitter,if u don't select bis connection the app won't work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 09:02 AM
    I've answered my own question... For AT&T at least, OS .148 w/ the .90 radio got me a solid EDGE. As I had read elsewhere, trying to use the .90 radio w/ the .148/5.0 hybrid was causing problems, I didn't even bother trying that. I went back to the unaltered .148 and then switched radios. The APN was initially Verizon but it connected anyway. I switched it to wap.cingular and it still connected. All's good. Hope this helps someone.
    06-28-09 07:58 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD