Hey guys. I have had my storm since christmas, and it has a lot of dust under the screen. It is about unusable in direct sunlight. In internal lighting, it's fine though. I don't want to take an insurance claim on it and waste fifty bucks, and I also don't want to pry the glass off and risk breaking it.

So my question is, even after this long, will Verizon cover this manufacturing defect for free?
    05-19-09 06:10 PM
    self bump lol anyone?
    05-19-09 06:24 PM
    Hey guys. I have had my storm since christmas, and it has a lot of dust under the screen. It is about unusable in direct sunlight. In internal lighting, it's fine though. I don't want to take an insurance claim on it and waste fifty bucks, and I also don't want to pry the glass off and risk breaking it.

So my question is, even after this long, will Verizon cover this manufacturing defect for free?
    Good question, I am in the same boat as well. I called yesterday and asked them to document it in case it got worse. My plan is to call again in a few weeks and complain again. If they offer to replace it, I will say that I will "deal with it for now." Then I will try to swap it out at a later date for the Storm 2.
    Hope it works.......
    05-19-09 06:24 PM
    As far as I know this fault is covered by the manufacturers warranty. I work in a UK phone shop and have had a few back with this problem and they have all been fixed free of charge under the warranty. To try and aviod it you can get clear stick on screen protectors which prevent dust from getting in.
    05-19-09 06:44 PM
    As far as I know this fault is covered by the manufacturers warranty. I work in a UK phone shop and have had a few back with this problem and they have all been fixed free of charge under the warranty. To try and aviod it you can get clear stick on screen protectors which prevent dust from getting in.
    Awesome thanks so much. I have one more question that i forgot to put up, sorry lol. Can i take it to a local corporate store at and have it replaced on the spot?
    05-19-09 07:01 PM
    Typically, is Verizon will do any manu exchange in store as long as they have the phone in stock. If they don't, you have to order one and they will ship it to you. Good Luck! I think I am calling to order my Storm tonight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 07:47 PM
    Typically, is Verizon will do any manu exchange in store as long as they have the phone in stock. If they don't, you have to order one and they will ship it to you. Good Luck! I think I am calling to order my Storm tonight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nice! thanks, and welcome!
    05-19-09 08:50 PM
    They also do next day air when you call in to a service center to get it replaced. You could make something up, and they will ship you out a new one for free to be honest with you.
    05-19-09 11:18 PM
    I have dust under my screen, the top part of the casing is loose and the Green call button does not work at all anymore.

Im going to send it to Vodafone to repair, and am hoping for a brand new replacement, wil this be enough for a brand new replacement, or shall I say the signal is poor, dropping calls etc?

Cheers
    05-20-09 11:16 AM
    I began to notice dust particles under my screen last week.
    Went to the store didn't have any in stock, actually went
    to a couple. So was forced to call cust serv.
    They sent one out; when I got it the screen didn't
    click to my satisfaction. Went to the store the mgr.
    said oh we have some in the back u can give him
    one. It was replaced; so I have to send back the one
    that was sent to via fed ex.
    So the answer to your question is yes.......
    Good luck.
    05-20-09 01:08 PM
    I had the same problem. Bought Storm on Dec 20th, got a new one in April due to the dust under the screen. Inside I never noticed it... but outside in the sun it was horrible.

Since it was past 30 days, I had to call and they FedEx'd me one no problem. No insurance claim needed, just a warranty call for the manufacturing defect.

Now watch out for these techs... they might try and blame the OS (or 3rd party apps) for the specs, and will try and get you to do a battery pull. Because we all know a battery pull fixes everything, right?
    05-22-09 03:58 PM
    I have dust under the screen, and actually A LOT of dust in the camera flash. starting to move the the camera lens itself. kinda sucks, is there a way to just clean it vs going through replacing?
    05-22-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD