Yesterday, my girlfriend's Storm went flying from her jacket pocket, onto the rough blacktop in a parking lot. It crashed face first and slid a few feet too. We held our breath as she picked it up and then I saw her sad frown. It appeared the screen had a crack. But upon closer examination, it ended up being the screen protector had a deep gouge. I peeled the screen protector off with the assistance of a toothpick, and the screen was perfect, to her delight. There was absolutely no damage to the phone. Not a scratch. And she had no other case or skin on the phone. She had only the VZW screen protector. The device continued to operate perfectly.
    I am impressed by the durability of this device. Keep in mind that the Storm is more of a computer, than a phone. That means it fragile. Especially the glass screen. It survived perfectly.
    02-26-09 07:50 AM
    Wow! She got lucky!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:59 AM
    Wow impressive. But Im not going to try it myself. I believe you its strong. lol
    02-26-09 08:16 AM
    I work for a cable company. I've dropped my hip case containing my Storm from as high as 15' (not intentionally of course). No shock damage.

I've also had mine skate across gravel when it slipped from my hand. Damge: chipped chrome and scratched battery cover.

I'm not careless with my phone. But I also don't obsess over it. If it gets damaged through a regular day, that's why I have insurance.
    02-26-09 08:35 AM
    It dropped mine the same way on tile flooR and lost its clicking ability... No scratches and everything else worked..
    02-26-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD