I was moving stuff in my dorm today and my storm slipped out of my pocket and fell 3-4 feet onto a hard floor... no visible signs/looseness.... anything I should worry bout?
    01-19-09 07:59 PM
    Last i saw a vid posted of a guy who dropped his off a moving truck. worse damage was screen came loose but totally functional.
    01-19-09 08:10 PM
    Cracking the floor??? lmao.. The storm is pretty sturdy from reading the forum and personal experience!!
    01-19-09 08:17 PM
    I hate to admit this, but I've drop this phone more times then I can count. It has fell off my lap getting out of the car, office the desk with the headphones attached, etc. This is the original one from release day not a problem only a few battle scars. Nothing to worry about.
    01-19-09 08:22 PM
    My phone has been dropped twice.... My friend dropped it while she was walking with it in her hands(DUMB) and the second time it fell out of my lap while getting out of my car(happens)
    I received no damages to my phone with the hard case on, and the phone was pretty much thrown onto concrete in both these incidents
    01-19-09 08:48 PM
    I just dropped mine going code 3 off my firetrucks bumper and only thing I got on it was a BB branded silicone cover.... not a scratch !!!
    01-19-09 08:49 PM
    Mine was without case.... Going tomorrow to get one... asap
    01-19-09 08:54 PM
    I'm scared now, I haven't dropped mine yet....I think I'm next..
    01-19-09 09:29 PM
    Great... just noticing the bottom right part of the screen does not click as much as before... still works when pressed but it does not give the "Click" feel.... maybe stop on by a verizon... still within the first week of owning it....
    01-19-09 09:31 PM
    Great... just noticing the bottom right part of the screen does not click as much as before... still works when pressed but it does not give the "Click" feel.... maybe stop on by a verizon... still within the first week of owning it....
    I'm sure you know no to mention that you dropped it

Did you get insurance on it? If you didn't it would be a very good idea.
    01-19-09 09:37 PM
    Lol, I have never dropped anything... Lol... Dont worry... I am not that stupid... Lol... But yea... I might make a lil stop in and be like... idk what happened... One day it was good and then woke up and it was clicking funny...
    01-19-09 09:46 PM
    Dropping my phone is one of the worst feelings. lol. I topped it off today by dropping it.. in a puddle of water. haha. I usually keep my phone in my right breast pocket at work, so one day i had to grab a set of brake pads off the top shelf. Being the super cool guy that I am I decide to jump and grab the pads. So i jump and on my way down my Storm is still on the way up!! Picture me screaming, "noooooooooooooooooooooo!!" and then disaster. Battery door comes flying off, battery pops out, but the hard plastic cover saved the phone from any physical damage.
    01-19-09 09:47 PM
    Just got back from the verizon store... took one visit to a store... another phone call and then a visit to a different store with storms in stock and I got a brand new storm.... Works even better than my first one... and I only lost my wallpapers I had downloaded....
    01-20-09 07:51 PM
    Well I don't know if this counts as a drop, but I was on my way to drop the Cosby kids off at the pool (yeah I know pretty nasty but this is how it happened) and when I pulled my basketball shorts down I forgot the Storm was in my pocket, so when I dropped my pants the Storm came down with them. It didn't fall too hard just a small thud on the bathroom floor. This is the only time I've dropped the phone and it does have a silicone case, so hopefully no internal damage or anything. Once I drop this phone I know it's gonna be impossible for me to forgive my self.
    02-04-09 11:57 AM
    I've dropped mine about 4 times now on hardwood floors and a bed frame, no marks at all. I was thinking the back or side rail pieces would be marred, but not one ding. I should post a pic of it after 2 full months of use with no protection on it and still in perfect shape. I do baby it everywhere and anyway I can though. I have a death grip on it even when it's in my coat pocket!
    02-04-09 12:59 PM
    I just dropped mine today on the pavement. Now it doesn't click on two opposing corners. I'm gonna try to torx screw trick to see if it fixes it.
    02-05-09 06:45 PM
    Just wanna say it worked! Using the torx trick worked. Thank goodness for this forum and all the helpful people!
    02-05-09 07:53 PM
    I actually dropped my storm this past Friday after a few beers face down on the cement. The phone was DOA!! I did countless battery pulls and tried everything to bring it back to life but no luck. I just got my replacement yesterday and it was not a new phone. It still had the screen protector that someone else had put on it and not as good as my first one. :-(
    02-05-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD