Hey all,
    I noticed the storm is pretty slow (on a high signal 3G network) with browsing.
    I downloaded the Cisco GIST speed tester - and am getting an average of 100kbps. I thought this must be a fault in the app as its still in beta form so I emailed myself a 1MB file.
    Downloading the file took 172 seconds! That's 6.3kBps or 50.7kbps.

I'm sorry - but that is seriously rediculous.

We are running a BES server and I've made a new blank "IT Policy" and rolled it out - no change. I've not set up any TCP restrictions and changing the APN doesn't help

Can someone please explain what the f**k is going on? Is this normal speeds for the Storm? Am I just going to have to put up with slow phone downloads?
    02-24-09 06:36 PM
    My Storm got 100kbps the first time and 280kbps the second time. Seems pretty slow considering my laptop get 614kbps download and 500kbps upload when teathered through my Storm.
    02-25-09 08:11 PM
    Hey all,
    I noticed the storm is pretty slow (on a high signal 3G network) with browsing.
    I downloaded the Cisco GIST speed tester - and am getting an average of 100kbps. I thought this must be a fault in the app as its still in beta form so I emailed myself a 1MB file.
    Downloading the file took 172 seconds! That's 6.3kBps or 50.7kbps.

I'm sorry - but that is seriously rediculous.

We are running a BES server and I've made a new blank "IT Policy" and rolled it out - no change. I've not set up any TCP restrictions and changing the APN doesn't help

Can someone please explain what the f**k is going on? Is this normal speeds for the Storm? Am I just going to have to put up with slow phone downloads?
    Yup, sucks real bad. I get 375kbps using BB browser and more than 10x that using Bolt. Seems odd to me, too, that the maker's browser is the slowest possible...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD