I tried asking this question another way but it didnt work.

What is the download capability of the Storm? Videos? Music?

Not streaming or transfer but a straight download from the internet

I know it can manage all kinds of media files but was it designed to download them?

My thinking is if it can be used as a modem, then it should be able to download to itself....is my thinking correct?
    12-28-08 10:42 AM
    I bumped this because it got burried fast.

Can anyone answer the download question?
    12-28-08 02:47 PM
    Hmmm good question...I would also like to know the answer to this. Cuz if it can....my life will never be the same lol
    12-28-08 02:50 PM
    Hmmm good question...I would also like to know the answer to this. Cuz if it can....my life will never be the same lol
    Thanks for responding. It is nice to know that I am not the only one with this question.....I am surprised that no one has responded.

It isnt about running a file it is about downoading the file.

I know flash isnt supported but again it is about just getting the file onto the Storm so I can move it to my home computer when I get the chance.
    12-28-08 02:57 PM
    I dont see why either, its a great question. And im sure someone's tried/done it before...
    12-28-08 03:01 PM
    I dont see why either, its a great question. And im sure someone's tried/done it before...

Someone has to have an educated answer to this question
    12-28-08 03:32 PM
    Not very good support at the moment. Large file downloads will not be supported, erroring out with Entity too large messages. Hopefully this will be something that's changed very soon. This is not a limitation of the Storm, but rather a limitation of all BBs to date. RIM will need to make some changes in order to address this issue... as it's something that's old and tired and needs to be rectified.
    12-28-08 03:35 PM
    Yes. My story is I tried to download a podcast. It was 28 MB. The default browser couldn't download it because it was too big. I had to install opera mini to download it.
    12-28-08 04:38 PM
    Does this mean I can download tv shows that are in mp4 from opera, just not in the default browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 04:43 PM
    Not very good support at the moment. Large file downloads will not be supported, erroring out with Entity too large messages. Hopefully this will be something that's changed very soon. This is not a limitation of the Storm, but rather a limitation of all BBs to date. RIM will need to make some changes in order to address this issue... as it's something that's old and tired and needs to be rectified.
    Cool! Thanks for the info. At least now I know that this is something that can be addressed. Hopefully RIM will see that this only add more value to their smartphones and make the changes for them to download larger media files.
    12-28-08 06:24 PM
    Yes. My story is I tried to download a podcast. It was 28 MB. The default browser couldn't download it because it was too big. I had to install opera mini to download it.
    So are you saying that Opera worked for you?
    12-28-08 06:25 PM
    Yes, Opera Mini downloaded it successfully.
    12-28-08 07:12 PM
    Yes, Opera Mini downloaded it successfully.
    That is correct! I found it and downloaded it straight to my Storm and with a little bit of a learning curve it works great!!!
    12-28-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD