First off the Pre wont kill BB devices, not even close. The Pre wont be supported at least for a while if at all, by corporations for email because of security. Also a lot of companies only use BES and support blackberry.

Second, i love how people say the Pre will rock compared to the half working Storm. 1. a few bugs isnt half working, 2. you REALLY think the Pre will be bugless? The iphone was pretty buggy when it came out too, and the Storm has only been out a few months, 3. you know for sure the Pre will not be "half working" too? Some video clips and screenshots doesnt mean itll be the next jesus phone.

Thats a heck of a lot of assumptions. Typical case of something new comes and people get giddy and fanboyish until they get it in their hands and say it sucks something better is coming. Sounds like a lot of Storm users before it came out, a vicious cycle.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-05-09 at 04:33 PM.
    04-05-09 04:28 PM
    Actually Sprint is the trash collector. They pick up the subs other carriers won't touch due to credit issues. Sprint might ask someone for a $150 deposit while AT&T and VZ will tell the person $500+ as a deposit.

It's not unheard of for VZ to demand a $750 deposit.
    That maybe true, but their service still isn't any good. When I had them in 2000 they weren't that bad. There wasn't all this competition. But now it seems they have become stagnant.
    04-05-09 05:12 PM
    I think it's easy for people to look at the next new device on the horizon, get all fired up, but forget one very important thing. the Storms 'potential'. I refuse to believe that RIM would release this device, ( and yes, probably pre-maturely), with an incredible amount of potential performance, and just bail on it without realizing that potential. I, myself, see the Storm as a premier and current device for a long time to come. And I can't help but think that RIM has big, long term plans for it, and would never make the effort to re-invent thier ideas on hardware, and to some extent, UI, and not be in it for the long haul.

I'll enthusiastically keep my Storm.

I totally agree. And another reason why? Because if they decide to release a second generation of Storms, they are going to have make the first one improve or other wise the second one may not even be consider to some to buy.
    04-05-09 05:16 PM
    Ha ha. Storm will be on 5.0 by then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 05:20 PM
    Ha ha. Storm will be on 5.0 by then

hahaha....yeah leaked beta hybrid 5.0 crap.....the official O.S. will still be .75 by christmas 2022..lol
    04-05-09 05:32 PM
    You sound pretty damn geeky.

I'm a tech support rep for VZW. One of the requirements is scoring high on their geek-o-meter.
    04-05-09 07:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD