Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but my Storm does not ring when its plugged into my computer via usb. I never had this issue before. All my other alerts seem to work fine ie text and email alerts just not when there is an incoming call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-17-09 08:47 PM
    Is it in bedside mode? do you have it set so it wont ring if it is in bedside mode.
    05-17-09 08:58 PM
    As said ^^^, sounds like bedside mode.
    05-17-09 10:04 PM
    You might also want to make sure your phone is not set to go into bedside mode each time it is plugged it! It can get annoying!
    05-17-09 10:04 PM
    Ok found the culprit. My BB in "Auto Enabled Mass Storage Mode When Connected" set to YES. When I changed this to NO the ringer worked. This setting you can find under "options" then "memory". Thanks for all the help.
    05-18-09 03:45 PM
    Ok found the culprit. My BB in "Auto Enabled Mass Storage Mode When Connected" set to YES. When I changed this to NO the ringer worked. This setting you can find under "options" then "memory". Thanks for all the help.
    Ah, yes. If the ringer you are using is on the media card, and mass storage mode is enabled, it will not ring. The phone is unable to access the media card while it is in mass storage mode.
    05-18-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD