The display on my Storm has suddenly gone blank and black. Last night, it was black, but I knew the battery was low, so I charged it. After a while on the charger, everything was fine. This morning is was fine when I went to work. After a while, I got an email and took my phone out of my pocket to look at it and the screen was black again. I've done several battery pulls, tried charging it, but nothing. The backlight behaves normally, calls and messages come through, just nothing shows on the screen.
    06-07-10 07:35 PM
    This happened to me yesterday as well...

I felt it vibrate due to a message coming in, and as I pulled it out of my pocket I noticed that it was just blank. Yet messages continued to come in, I can make calls, etc.

After about 30 battery pulls and 2 os reinstalls, I went to verizon and they ordered a refurb. Apparently once the screen goes, there's no coming back.
    06-08-10 02:14 PM
    Once you go black............
    06-08-10 02:22 PM
    I went to the Verizon store this evening and they swapped my phone for me. The display was mostly doing the same thing all day, not working at all. A few times, I tried it and everything was just fine, I'd start to do something, and it would lock up and freeze, and that was the end of the display. Other than having to wait for a long time, and losing some of my info, I had not a bit of a problem getting the new phone.
    06-08-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD