Does not matter to me this is my frist blackberry and I love it, this one of the cools things they have ever made for cell phone blackberry what ever you want to call it, it is sweet
    03-03-09 07:00 PM
    its a sweet phone for sure!!! although i love my $15 dollar a month unlimited data on telus!!! what what!!! makes the phone even sweeter!
    03-03-09 07:18 PM
    people seriously believe the world is done in 2012?

Storm is going nowhere, i couldnt imagine a hardware revision coming soon
    03-03-09 07:19 PM
    Its not going away. The same phone is coming out but with new guts inside.
    Oh, you mean they will EVENTUALLY update the Storm? No ****, Einstein.
    03-03-09 07:22 PM
    its a sweet phone for sure!!! although i love my $15 dollar a month unlimited data on telus!!! what what!!! makes the phone even sweeter!
    What is telus?
    03-03-09 07:26 PM
    For all that say its discontinued.... FAIL

Blackberry� Storm�

I believe stupid questions can be solved via the internet
    03-03-09 07:28 PM
    Sigh...there are 4 phones I can think of with WiFi on VZW XV6800, HTC Touch Pro, Omnia, and Saga...so no wifi has nothing to do with VZW worried about losing money..not really sure WHAT it has to do with. CX has proclaimed that it was BC of VZW but it makes no sense so whatever.

And bettermost has no clue what he's talking about as usual.

VZW would not KEEP playing commercials for the Storm if it was being replaced/discontinued yada yada...have you been to a VZW store even? They normally have 1-3 tvs playing bs about the storm and multiple posters. This is their ticket for 2009+
    03-03-09 07:44 PM
    Sigh...there are 4 phones I can think of with WiFi on VZW XV6800, HTC Touch Pro, Omnia, and Saga...so no wifi has nothing to do with VZW worried about losing money..not really sure WHAT it has to do with. CX has proclaimed that it was BC of VZW but it makes no sense so whatever.

And bettermost has no clue what he's talking about as usual.

VZW would not KEEP playing commercials for the Storm if it was being replaced/discontinued yada yada...have you been to a VZW store even? They normally have 1-3 tvs playing bs about the storm and multiple posters. This is their ticket for 2009+
    hello common sense nice to meet you! its about time someone put it this way, I was thinking the same thing as I read this thread and glad I eneded it on a positive note....Verizons marketing tells me this is their flagship phone for a year plus, I am thinking mid 2010 for a new storm, even then what can they really add other then a higher megapixel camera and wifi?
    03-03-09 07:47 PM
    Storm is VZW's flagship phone

hot hot hot
    03-03-09 07:49 PM
    I still find it interesting that none of the insiders have come in to put this discussion to rest. I doubt it, but maybe there is something to this whole new hardware revision thing...
    03-03-09 08:18 PM
    Phone has two radios; GSM *and* CDMA. To add yet a third radio to do WiFi would add some bulk. You rarely see "world" phones with WiFi. I can't think of one off the top of my head.
    03-03-09 08:33 PM
    I could see them rolling out more capable hardware to try and solve the extremely unresponsive OS.
    03-03-09 08:34 PM
    For all that say its discontinued.... FAIL

Blackberry� Storm™

I believe stupid questions can be solved via the internet
    Unfortunately, the Internet also creates stupid questions :\.
    03-03-09 09:06 PM
    Phone has two radios; GSM *and* CDMA. To add yet a third radio to do WiFi would add some bulk. You rarely see "world" phones with WiFi. I can't think of one off the top of my head.
    Saga buddy but thats also like a brick ha but its actually prettyy nifty phone
    03-03-09 09:11 PM
    I heard from another guy at work who owns a storm that verizon was recalling many storms because of media playback issues. which he was supposedly told by an altell rep, so it just goes to show how ******** altell people are. But when i did go listen to the playback of my music on the storm i noticed an inconsistency on the volume the storm played back. anyone else notice this?
    03-03-09 09:14 PM
    What is telus?
    canadian cdma provider!
    03-03-09 09:28 PM
    ummm by selling the phone at $200 verizon is already taking a hit... all cell companies in america r by selling them at discounted prices... read the tag next time u go in the store and look for full retail price. thats what vw pays everytime they buy a phone. cell phone companies dont make money on phone they make it on service. thats y u have to sign a contract. cricket doesnt make u sign a contract and u pay full retail or close to it for phones.
    That's not true...The retail is not always what they pay for the phones...my verizon store for example pays $405 for the storm, but it sells for $499 retail. And there isn't any phone in the whole lineup that we pay "full retail" for!
    03-03-09 09:43 PM
    Storm is not going anywhere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Except out the door to lots of customers...
    03-03-09 10:20 PM
    **** who knows whats gonna come out.... all i know i am with the storm ( love the phone) for two years... and since it said on a show on the history channel last night, that the world is gonna end Dec 21 2012... looks like im screwed and this is my last phone anyway
    The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by Jos� Arg�elles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about December 21, 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation, yet is commonly referenced in pop-culture media as the 2012 problem.
    "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. "To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting", she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    03-03-09 10:21 PM
    Just wondering, but do alot of people not know about the VIP program Verizon has where you can upgrade at a 2 year price every year. I have done this for the last 2 years. Got my voyager on launch on Nov 21 2007 and exactly a year later got my Storm on Nov 21 2008 and paid 249.99 and still got my $50 mail in rebate.

Dont know if verizon made there money back on the voyager or if they will on my storm when I upgrade this year for hopefully a 9630 or better.
    03-04-09 12:19 AM
    what do you have to do to get on the VIP plan?
    03-04-09 01:16 AM
    what do you have to do to get on the VIP plan?
    They didnt call it that, but I got my Storm at the new-every-two price after one year with my WE8830... They said it was due to the $ level of the plan we are on qualified for the faster update.
    Dont know if thats the same thing or not.
    03-04-09 01:27 AM
    Just wondering, but do alot of people not know about the VIP program Verizon has where you can upgrade at a 2 year price every year. I have done this for the last 2 years. Got my voyager on launch on Nov 21 2007 and exactly a year later got my Storm on Nov 21 2008 and paid 249.99 and still got my $50 mail in rebate.

Dont know if verizon made there money back on the voyager or if they will on my storm when I upgrade this year for hopefully a 9630 or better.
    No...I'd like to know what your talking about so I can get on it though!! haa
    03-04-09 01:59 AM
    They didnt call it that, but I got my Storm at the new-every-two price after one year with my WE8830... They said it was due to the $ level of the plan we are on qualified for the faster update.
    Dont know if thats the same thing or not.

Really? How much is your monthly bill?

03-04-09 02:08 AM
    Wow...I work VZW and when I hear that BS, I just laugh...Its a sale to drive data...now going on till mid April...

03-04-09 02:15 AM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD