Let's discuss the possibility of a class action against RIM/VZ for prematurely releasing the Storm to compete with the iPhone, using unsuspecting people as beta testers. I don't have one of these devices but I helped a friend install 141 yesterday (from .75) and I have to say that the device was really unusable in stock form and slightly less after 141 (the screen still would not "see" my fingers at all).

4.7.0.75 is so bad that I've seen people actually throw their phone at a brick wall (another threw his into a mud puddle). Since this is Verizon's "official" OS, I'm pretty sure that it would never make it through the courts as something that wasn't an obvious mistake. I'm sure that subpoenas could bring out some evidence to show that it was rushed out to compete with the iphone.

And then everyone could either get their money back or get the final version of the phone (which is being called 2.0, apparently).

Am I crazy (putting on the flame suit now)?
    05-20-09 01:40 PM
    i think theres a few threads on this already. try the owners lounge maybe? see what you can find there.
    05-20-09 01:43 PM
    Been discussed before while your at it start a lawsuit against Microsoft for releasing Vista......to compete with Mac OSX Leopard....
    Grow up!! My god!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No chance at a claim.. Nobody made you purchase it...
    05-20-09 01:49 PM
    Anyone know where I go to file a lawsuit about my panties being in a twist? And there's sand in 'em too!!
    05-20-09 02:03 PM
    Anyone know where I go to file a lawsuit about my panties being in a twist? And there's sand in 'em too!!
    LMAO! Now THAT'S funny!

05-20-09 02:21 PM
    now they have a storm 2 coming out from the money that we paid. the phone does not do what it said it can do.keep in mind that the people who say bad things about the the class action are working for rim or vz.
    05-20-09 06:38 PM
    lawsuit against verizon/RIM is likey to fail because maybe 3/4 out of 1 million verizon storm users are happy with it and doesn't have any major issues where CB users have a problem with it. I am 100% sure judge will dismiss the lawsuit because of it
    05-20-09 06:47 PM
    here we go again...there are no ground for a law suit...if you don't like the phone you had 30 days to bring it back. GROW UP!!!
    05-20-09 06:51 PM
    now they have a storm 2 coming out from the money that we paid. the phone does not do what it said it can do.keep in mind that the people who say bad things about the the class action are working for rim or vz.
    Mine does.

And the people who are saying that a class action isn't warranted do not necessarily work for RIM or VZW. That is just plain false.
    05-20-09 06:53 PM
    Am I crazy (putting on the flame suit now)?
    You should, so far the responses to your post has been tame. I think because a lot of storm owners right now are busy playing with the 148 os.

Which you could load to your phone. And by the way; by the fact that RIM/VZW is still testing OS. Makes your case weaker.
    05-20-09 07:01 PM
    I don't understand why anyone would sue.. I mean you are mad because????? I too have a Storm and I don't really see an issue with the OS, if VZW isn't going to release another OS then I will simply use the leaked versions. A good majority of the people that purchased the Storm had a 30 day trial period. In that 30 days, if you weren't happy then you should have returned it. Its really that simple.
    05-20-09 07:23 PM
    To be honest the Motorola V710 was a great phone and it had a crazy classaction lawsuit.

If you are going to do this start in California.
    05-20-09 07:28 PM
    4.7.0.75 is so bad that I've seen people actually throw their phone at a brick wall (another threw his into a mud puddle).
    That makes them idiots!!

05-20-09 07:35 PM
    lawsuit against verizon/RIM is likey to fail because maybe 3/4 out of 1 million verizon storm users are happy with it and doesn't have any major issues where CB users have a problem with it. I am 100% sure judge will dismiss the lawsuit because of it
    That's not true. I know plenty of people who don't visit CB and they hate the Storm. I have a family member that bought one last week and returned it 2 days later. I do agree a lawsuit wont work though.
    05-20-09 07:38 PM
    Call my kawyer, Mitchell Frenkowitz. He helped me with my suit against the Whineken corporation over some faulty french cries.

05-20-09 07:43 PM
    wow.... if you can't comprehend how to use a storm, then maybe you should... I don't know... RETURN IT?!?!? that's pretty common sense to me. I don't normally respond to these threads but for god's sake, BUY A FREAKIN PHONE YOUR BRAIN CAN COMPREHEND... a Motorola rzr perhaps? or if you like touchscreens, a Samsung Instinct.
    05-20-09 07:53 PM
    Okay, I personally think the class action idea is ********. And I work for Schenectady County Community College, NOT RIM or VZW; so I have no vested interests in either of them. If you can point out ONE thing that the Storm is SUPPOSED to be able to do, yet cannot; point it out to me (and not being able to act like an iPhone doesn't count, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be an iPhone; it was SUPPOSED to be the uniquely RIM device that is the Blackberry)
    05-20-09 08:05 PM
    The same place i'm going to sue the toilet paper company for making toilet paper that hurt when I used it after eating habanero peppers all day even though it was supposed to be cushiony soft.
    05-20-09 08:08 PM
    This topic is getting tiresome.
    05-20-09 08:25 PM
    The same place i'm going to sue the toilet paper company for making toilet paper that hurt when I used it after eating habanero peppers all day even though it was supposed to be cushiony soft.
    Too funny!

05-20-09 08:35 PM
    That's not true. I know plenty of people who don't visit CB and they hate the Storm. I have a family member that bought one last week and returned it 2 days later. I do agree a lawsuit wont work though.
    you never know because no one knows exactly how many people are happy with storm ??
    05-20-09 09:13 PM
    Quickie for all the jee nyusez...

To win a product class action you would have to prove that you as an individual and a class were harmed by direct action or lack of action on the part of RIM or Verizon.

The Storm worked at release, not perfect, but it was for all intents and purposes functional. If a unit was faulty in materials or workmanship, VZW would trade your faulty unit for a new one, just like with any other device. If you purchased a Storm new you had 30 days to try it and return it if you didn't like it. If you didn't like it and kept it you are ********. This negates your claim against VZW.

Rim continues to develop updates to their software to improve the device in good faith. It is regularly released to all the service providers, and it is up to the service providers to certify that it will work with RIM hardware on THE SERVICE PROVIDERS NETWORK. This negates your claim against RIM.

If you are such a Moe Ron that you still think that someone owes you something for all your "trouble" with your Storm, you probably shouldn't be trying to use an advanced electronic device.

P.S., I build Motorcycles, and not for RIM or VZW.
    05-20-09 09:21 PM
    This topic is getting tiresome.
    Agreed, a new one springs up on the hour it seems.

05-20-09 09:43 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD