There's no law against making a crummy product, so long as you don't claim it can do anything that it can't.

Caveat emptor.
    05-20-09 09:51 PM
    That makes them idiots!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    While I definitely agree, I would like to see someone throw their phone at a wall...just so I could laugh at them.
    05-21-09 09:05 AM
    No chance at a claim.. Nobody made you purchase it...
    no one made people buy cigarettes either

I do think that this is a ******** idea. Especially since you had 30 days to return the darn thing and get something else. If you can not decide in 30 days, you deserve to stay with it for two years.
    05-21-09 09:30 AM
    you tell em rickyross,come on people get real...
    05-21-09 09:36 AM
    Let's discuss the possibility of a class action against RIM/VZ for prematurely releasing the Storm to compete with the iPhone, using unsuspecting people as beta testers. I don't have one of these devices but I helped a friend install 141 yesterday (from .75) and I have to say that the device was really unusable in stock form and slightly less after 141 (the screen still would not "see" my fingers at all).

4.7.0.75 is so bad that I've seen people actually throw their phone at a brick wall (another threw his into a mud puddle). Since this is Verizon's "official" OS, I'm pretty sure that it would never make it through the courts as something that wasn't an obvious mistake. I'm sure that subpoenas could bring out some evidence to show that it was rushed out to compete with the iphone.

And then everyone could either get their money back or get the final version of the phone (which is being called 2.0, apparently).

Am I crazy (putting on the flame suit now)?
    Flame suit...........
    Uhhhh yeah I would.
    Make a **** in one hand and a wish in the
    other and see what comes thru first....
    A class action suit; like u will find enough disgruntled
    people/sheeple.
    Besides how about expending your energy on something
    useful. Something that can actually make a difference in
    the lives of many. So something that actually has a chance
    to make a difference.
    The best we can all do when this thing comes out is share
    our collective energy find a chink in the armor and get
    what we wnat and deserve.........
    U can always use the I am sick of VZW I am leaving to get an iphone; card.....
    05-21-09 10:43 AM
    To the OP, please tell me you are only about 15, as that would be the only logical excuse for your stupidity and ignorance.
    05-21-09 10:53 AM
    To the OP, please tell me you are only about 15, as that would be the only logical excuse for your stupidity and ignorance.

15yrs seems pretty generous.

I'm going with a solid 9
    05-21-09 11:49 AM
    You can't sue on the basis of being unhappy as an early adopter. All commercials say screen images simulated. There aren't claims otherwise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:33 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD