sorry i new the whole blackberry scene, but any how i was wondering does anyone know the easy way to transfer my contacts on my storm to my desktop because i cracked the screen on my storm today and having a new one shipping from the insurance plan...i can still see things on the screen but for me to push on a menu, it wouldnt really selected at all! i was wondering if the desktop software from blackberry.com will work and if so what its the software version? any help will be thankful! thanks
    03-02-09 02:06 AM
    The Desktop Manager can sync your contacts with Outlook. I think any version will do it, and if it's the version that came with your storm it will definately do it.
    03-02-09 02:55 AM
    thank you very much
    03-02-09 06:22 PM
    also if you're just switcing devices, the switch device wizard in the desktop manager will move everything but 3rd party apps and media over to the new phone.

Sync with outlook though is a nice thing to do. As well as full device backup with the back/restore wizard.
    03-02-09 06:27 PM
    i did the backup and it gave me to logos on my desktop but im not sure if i did it right or any i suppose to click the advance back up....
    03-03-09 01:34 AM
    not necessarily advanced. if you click backup it should just allow you to save to a file.

to restore you just hit restore and select the file you want to restore.

If you're doing a full backup you should end up with an .ipd file as the device back up and a .cab file if you opted to have the device onboard memory backed up as well. (in options)
    03-03-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD