I just saw the Jesus phone at a local Apple store. I was more underwhelmed by it than I expected. The high res screen is not all that different in appearance for most uses. I can see it looks nicer with photos, but I don't use a phone as a photo frame. As a PHONE, it's got the same old/same old issues as previous versions--THE SPEAKER IS WIMPY!

Also, the size of the thing was very "last year". It's small. I then went to see one of the 4.3" screens at another store. THAT was impressive, but it was not a "live" phone and I was too tired to go into the Sprint store to see the "real thing".

I'm even MORE happy with my S2, now that I've played with the Jesus phone for a few minutes. I'm sure Apple will sell 20 bazillion of those things however. And I don't care.
    06-26-10 05:34 PM
    Wow this is almost 50% an iPhone hate thread. This is bizarro fanboy land! None of them are as bad as you guys paint them, and hateboy is almost as bad as fanboy in my book. Preference is preference, but this stuff is funny.
    No, the Jesus phone is WORSE than the picture I paint.
    06-26-10 05:35 PM
    Exactly. Some simply refuse to acknowledge anything good in devices not made by RIM and are as vociferous in expressing their hatred for all things non-BB as they are for their absolute adoration for all things BB. Very childish, imo.
    I don't hate Android phones. I don't hate the company that makes them.

I DO however, DESPISE Steve Jobs and his company. He is an egoistical, lying spin-meister who'd sell his mother if he could take down Adobe. His sleezy ways go back all the way to when he and Woz began their business together. The guy simply has NO SCRUPLES.

Furthermore, when I see rabid responses from Apple fanbois here, I j e r k their chains with outlandish comments just to get a rise of out them. Sorry!
    06-26-10 05:38 PM
    I DO however, DESPISE Steve Jobs and his company. He is an egoistical, lying spin-meister who'd sell his mother if he could take down Adobe. His sleezy ways go back all the way to when he and Woz began their business together. The guy simply has NO SCRUPLES.
    ^^^^^^ Plus 1000++++.
    The way Steve Jobs is fighting Adobe is the most ingenious thing I have seen in the industry. Anyone who have followed the history of Mac OSes will know that their success hinged a lot on Adobe making graphic design software for the platform. To throw Adobe under the bus now Steve Jobs have a winner in a mobile device is simply wicked. He even has the chutzpah to tell his minions that Flash is not that necessary in browsing the web.
    06-26-10 07:27 PM
    Agreed, that's why I'm probably going to be getting a Droid X on July 15th.
    I'm with ya on that one! Screw this awful disaster of a phone.
    06-26-10 11:14 PM
    I'm with ya on that one! Screw this awful disaster of a phone.
    I know what you're saying. That Samsung N200 was, in the end, a total POS.
    06-27-10 01:45 AM
    I just freed myself of the iToy and wouldn't touch the iPhone 4 with a ten foot pole. With my iPhone 3GS, I had more problems than the S1 and 2 combined believe it or not.
    06-27-10 07:54 AM
    Every device has its own problems. I really like my S2 and i think its a great device. I just wish it wasn't so slow. If RIM would add a modern processor and more internal memory the device would run a lot faster with hardly no lag or freezing and no ten minute wait for your device to reboot. But still you're right. I wouldn't want to deal with the all iphone problems.
    06-27-10 08:09 AM
    No, the Jesus phone is WORSE than the picture I paint.
    C'mon Dave...my brother has one, new iPhone 4 and it's not that bad. Screen is excellent. He did show me the trouble with the antenna and if you have your hand over it you can watch the bars drop to nothing then the will go back after you remove your hand.

It's not for me, but it's a good PHONE, and a cool DEVICE. Not perfect, as none of them are. Not a "Jesus" phone but certainly not crap either.

PS to all: Sorry I put this in a Storm2 thread.
    06-27-10 09:05 AM
    Grass isn't always greener on the other side, as some have seen. I love my S2 (even with its issues) and wouldn't trade it for anything on the market........right now.
    06-27-10 09:11 AM
    C'mon Dave...my brother has one, new iPhone 4 and it's not that bad. Screen is excellent. He did show me the trouble with the antenna and if you have your hand over it you can watch the bars drop to nothing then the will go back after you remove your hand.

It's not for me, but it's a good PHONE, and a cool DEVICE. Not perfect, as none of them are. Not a "Jesus" phone but certainly not crap either.

PS to all: Sorry I put this in a Storm2 thread.
    We'll let it go mainly because we don't have an app to paddle you with. The iPhone might, they have apps to regrow hair, rate prowess in bed, and locate phone booths (really!) so it's not that far-fetched.
    06-27-10 09:28 AM
    I think the whole antenna thing is a crock. I know 3 people that have the phone and not one of them could get their signal to drop holding it that way.
    The iPhone was for me, but moving on.
    06-27-10 10:32 AM
    itoy yes.... sucks as a phone.....

just a little something I read from a "satisfied customer"

To have an iPhone means you have to sacrifice something. That something is call quality. I average 4-5 dropped calls PER DAY. It is that bad (I live in Denver, it may be better elsewhere). Data is fast when I am not around other iPhones; if I am at a stadium or mall, I think GPRS moves faster yet my phone says I am on 3G.

Multitasking is simply a joke. Apple claims they have done it better, but WebOS, Android, and even Windows Mobile is a better alternative. It is simply fast-app switching (yes, I am still talking about Apps that are iOS4 compliant!).

Notifications are very bad on the iPhone. They are annoying; they pop up right in the middle of your screen and beep loudly in your ear while on a phone call (no option to turn this off). Apple needs desperate help here.
    06-27-10 10:39 AM
    The new iPhone is radically different from previous models viz-a-viz, camera flash, front facing camera, larger size battery, glass back cover, etc. If the testing involved just cramming the iPhone 4 innards into a 3GS body, then that is a big failure on their part. It is even worse to imagine they will do something that stupid.
    Not really, they wouldn't be the first company to toss hardware into some oddball casing for initial field testing, and the cameras aren't all that important when it comes to field testing. ****, the first Xbox 360 development mules were tweaked G5 Mac Pro towers.

That said, considering the final antenna design, it was stupid of them to not do more detailed field testing, but Apple was likely more concerned with keeping the device secret.
    Last edited by Joel S.; 06-27-10 at 11:16 AM.
    06-27-10 11:01 AM
    The iPhone excels in the 3rd party app department, and in visual polish.

BBs excel in communication.

The gap between the two isn't as large as fanboys/haters make it out to be, but I own a BB so I can stay connected. Most of the apps my friends who have iPhone regularly use have counterparts on BBs. They may not be as flashy, but the functionality is there. I'll take the lack of flash in favor of increased connectivity with the people who matter in my life.
    06-27-10 11:15 AM
    Sorry, Android doesn't come close in the email job. MobileMe with iOS4 is as good as a BB in email. Notifications on the iPhone are not near as good as on the BB or Android. A BB is not near as fast (i.e. no lag) as on the Android with a Snapdragon or the iOS4. Neither iOS4 or Android have a Surepress screen (still a very big positive IMO).
    06-27-10 11:25 AM
    Agreed. My iPhone could not hold a candle to email and messaging the way my BB does. Case on point, we went on vacation and although I brought the iPhone, it stayed in our room most of the time .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 11:33 AM
    Joel, I agree with all of your posts above. Truncated emails have been a problem for me ONE TIME and, as some others have stated, I too can "live or die" via email, they are very important to me. However, I don't ever use my phone for large tasks, that's what I have a laptop and a desktop for. The one time the truncated email arrived that was important, I simple...gosh....CALLED the sender and asked them the important stuff and all was well until I got back to my home office and had a chance to read the whole thing (which, as it turns out, was so long that there was no way I would have read the thing in my car anyway).

I can admire various features on all the phones. I don't "hate" any of them. Certainly, some phones have "deal breakers" for me (as was the case with some of the Android displays, which were so bad there was no way I was going to want to use them). The iPhone is on AT&T and THAT is a HUGE deal breaker for me, otherwise I would certainly give it a little more attention than I do now, it certainly has some nice elements to it.

Bottom line is, I'm quite happy with my S2. It does what I want, how I want it to do it and when I want it to do it and I can depend on it. Of course, I wouldn't mind a faster browser, but the current one is not exactly a deal breaker for me.

Not at all, not even close. While truncated emails could be a problem, I've NEVER had an issue with them, and my BB completely outclasses my friend's who have iPhones and Android devices when it comes to communication (email, IM, sms, etc).
    06-27-10 02:20 PM
    I simple...gosh....CALLED the sender and asked them the important stuff and all was well until I got back to my home office and had a chance to read the whole thing (which, as it turns out, was so long that there was no way I would have read the thing in my car anyway).
    I bought the 3GS for personal use as my IT agreement limited what I could use the S2 for. But for some people like me, I don't have the luxury of being able to call a sender for info and must do the majority of my work in the field. This would be a deal breaker for me if I wanted it or had to use it as a business phone. Now the 3GS is just an iPod and I may keep it that way until I want to get another personal phone.

The iPhone is on AT&T and THAT is a HUGE deal breaker for me, otherwise I would certainly give it a little more attention than I do now, it certainly has some nice elements to it.
    I was hesitant on this as well, I had co workers who had the original and they had many signal and network problems with AT&T. But when I got the 3G and then the 3GS, I never had much of a connection issue that so many seem to rant about. Even in "out in the middle of nowhere" areas, I was able to make and recieve calls and don't remember an event where the iPhone's signal/quality performance was any less than what the S1 or 2 was performing. The draw back was email and messaging that were delayed or lagged.
    06-27-10 02:36 PM
    Is this a complaint thread? hahaha... can we complaint to RIM and ask them to create a storm3 with the following spects?

1. Front camera and an application call the BBM-Time?
    2. Addon BB presentation with the support of business conference!!!
    3. Addon mass user or Group BBM-TIME!!! friends or business associate can hold meeting in different countries using the phone.
    4. 10Mega pixel camera w night vision
    5. HD Super large LCD bigger than ever any phone has.
    6. Surepress to remain and better if those calling buttons now gone but in phone software display so make screen bigger.
    7. Built in FM radio.
    8. For good sake...so much memory built in...can we use it for apps too?
    etc.

cant think of it now.. but if RIM can make those above come true... then it will truely storm everyone in the phone market!!!

Alright...lets put it this way..whatever rotten apples and rusty robots etc have...berrys should have it too.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-27-10 at 02:50 PM.
    06-27-10 02:37 PM
    Agreed, that's why I'm probably going to be getting a Droid X on July 15th.
    Just ordered my Incredible -won't be here for a month though bc it's on back order

The X although a beauty, is way to large. It will take up your whole pocket!
    06-27-10 06:36 PM
    Highlighted ones are very possible.

Is this a complaint thread? hahaha... can we complaint to RIM and ask them to create a storm3 with the following spects?

1. Front camera and an application call the BBM-Time?
    2. Addon BB presentation with the support of business conference!!!
    3. Addon mass user or Group BBM-TIME!!! friends or business associate can hold meeting in different countries using the phone.

4. 10Mega pixel camera w night vision
    5. HD Super large LCD bigger than ever any phone has.
    6. Surepress to remain and better if those calling buttons now gone but in phone software display so make screen bigger.
    7. Built in FM radio.
    8. For good sake...so much memory built in...can we use it for apps too?
    etc.

cant think of it now.. but if RIM can make those above come true... then it will truely storm everyone in the phone market!!!

Alright...lets put it this way..whatever rotten apples and rusty robots etc have...berrys should have it too.
    06-27-10 06:46 PM
    Solution to the one truncated email I get per year is to sign into email via opera. Problem solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:23 PM
    yeah but why bother? You shouldn't have to do that just to read an email.
    06-28-10 11:55 AM
    I'm very satisfied with my S2. But that's my choice. I like the S2. I don't care if anyone else does or doesn't because its my fone.

That being said, why all the hate for android and ifone? Come on, they're really good devices. I have my reasons for why I chose the S2 but I think I'd be pretty happy with an Incredible or an ifone 4g.

There's no such thing as a perfect fone. Stop dissing other fones as though yours is perfect. Why is there a need to bash other fones in order to make your seem better? That just makes yours seem lamer, as if anyone else's opinion mattered anyway. So let me change that. It just makes you look lamer and very insecure. I didn't get the S2 because the ifone sucked. I got the S2 because I wanted the S2. End of story.
    06-28-10 01:02 PM
102 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD