Personally, if I were Steve Jobs (HA! I wish),
    Are u kidding? the guy has had a liver transplant. I'll rather have good health than be a bazillionaire. Besides he looks worse than the concentration camp prisoners. I don't envy him one iota.
    06-25-10 04:40 PM
    Well you can say what you want about how bad the iPhone is but mine is a very nice toy. I had the Casemate on it since I got it and this is why I probably haven't noticed any issues with the antenna. If it makes everyone feel better, the iPhone is definitely not prefect. On the plus, the screen is gorgeous and Facetime is pretty sweet. I'm getting used to the mail (with MobileME). IMO, this phone was definitely worth the money.
    06-25-10 04:54 PM
    as far as battery life is concerned, for every phone BUT the Jesus phone, an additional battery will solve most users problems getting through one day.
    Or get an extended battery. . I'm using the Seidio 2600 and it kicks azz. An added bonus is that it makes the phone thicker and easier for me to hold onto. I still have to charge once during the day, but that's better than two or three times...lol! I have two spares too...a Seidio 1600 and the OEM BATT. Yes, I use my Storm a LOT during the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 05:02 PM
    Or get an extended battery. . I'm using the Seidio 2600 and it kicks azz. An added bonus is that it makes the phone thicker and easier for me to hold onto. I still have to charge once during the day, but that's better than two or three times...lol! I have two spares too...a Seidio 1600 and the OEM BATT. Yes, I use my Storm a LOT during the day.

Just curious, what sort of things do you do with you phone all day that will require 2-3 charges a day?
    06-25-10 05:13 PM
    Actually, right after I hit the "Submit" button, I thought about that. Ok, maybe just his power/influence and money?

Are u kidding? the guy has had a liver transplant. I'll rather have good health than be a bazillionaire. Besides he looks worse than the concentration camp prisoners. I don't envy him one iota.
    06-25-10 05:16 PM
    That's my point exactly. I've yet to play with one and, short of a potentially serious issue with the antenna, I think it's a fine phone and has some terrific features. I think some delight at ANY opportunity to turn the tables on the fanbois who claim this phone is the second coming and will save us all from the apocalypse. As some of us continue to point out, there are some great devices out there, Storm being but one of them. I guess if you had to rank them across the board in multiple categories, the Storm would probably not hit the top three in all the categories, but it would in some. However, the OVERALL experience is what matters to me most, so long as any "deal breakers" are not in the mix. I look forward to the opportunity to play with a 4 if I can find a friend who has one and is willing to allow it out of his/her sticky fingers for a few minutes!

Well you can say what you want about how bad the iPhone is but mine is a very nice toy. I had the Casemate on it since I got it and this is why I probably haven't noticed any issues with the antenna. If it makes everyone feel better, the iPhone is definitely not prefect. On the plus, the screen is gorgeous and Facetime is pretty sweet. I'm getting used to the mail (with MobileME). IMO, this phone was definitely worth the money.
    06-25-10 05:21 PM
    If you THINK the S2 is such a bad phone (or the OS sucks--whatever your complaint is), take a gander at the Apple's forum for the iPhone. The complaints are horrific and even longtime Apple fans are ******** up a storm (hehe) about the antenna issues, screen issues, etc, etc. Those antenna issues are far more serious than the little nits some of you here rail on and on about. ie, you could have a lot more issues with your phone than what the Storm and OS 5.x have handed you. Be thankful!!

Apple fans ***** too much as it is, Just like blackberry fans mask the fact that the phones suck , the support and apps suck.

Be thankful for ebay, so you can sell your junk phones and buy something better.
    06-25-10 05:54 PM
    ah, you used the operative word--"toy". I don't want a toy--I want a PHONE. One that works no matter how I hold it. One that has a LOUD speaker, one that I can easily view in direct sunlight. One that NEVER drops phone calls. One that has BBM. ALL of those features are the reason I have an S2. And you just admitted that you have a Jesus phone because it's a nice "toy". My point exactly.
    06-25-10 07:07 PM
    Whoa, careful Dave...you're beginning to sound like the fanbois we rail so hard against. The iPhone is a great, repeat, GREAT device. AT&T sucks, but the phone is a great device. No, it's not perfect and yes, some serious ISSUES did crop up with this new release, but we know those will be resolved. I am not a fan of the iPhone, don't want one (even if it was on VZW, though I have to admit, when the rumors where flying that it might be, I knew I wanted to go check it out), but I don't bash it (or Androids) as though the Storm was all things perfect. The iPhone is not a toy, though his use of that word seemed to imply that. I think to some, their phone, BB, Android, Apple or otherwise, really are toys. Yes, they want to make calls, send texts and emails, but they may view the whole thing as a "toy." I'm with you, I don't want a toy either, but I don't consider any of these devices "toys."

ah, you used the operative word--"toy". I don't want a toy--I want a PHONE. One that works no matter how I hold it. One that has a LOUD speaker, one that I can easily view in direct sunlight. One that NEVER drops phone calls. One that has BBM. ALL of those features are the reason I have an S2. And you just admitted that you have a Jesus phone because it's a nice "toy". My point exactly.
    06-25-10 07:29 PM
    Another pointless and childish post. Your comments are not factual, are not unbiased, are not accurate and are not even supported by facts. YOU may not like BB's, that is fine (though again, it always begs the question of "Then why the **** are you here?") but you look foolish when you make global, stereotype statements such as this. None of my BBs "suck," I've had, generally speaking, great support and the apps are perfect for my needs. Time go grow up (once again).

Apple fans ***** too much as it is, Just like blackberry fans mask the fact that the phones suck , the support and apps suck.

Be thankful for ebay, so you can sell your junk phones and buy something better.
    06-25-10 07:32 PM
    Whoa, careful Dave...you're beginning to sound like the fanbois we rail so hard against. The iPhone is a great, repeat, GREAT device. AT&T sucks, but the phone is a great device. No, it's not perfect and yes, some serious ISSUES did crop up with this new release, but we know those will be resolved. I am not a fan of the iPhone, don't want one (even if it was on VZW, though I have to admit, when the rumors where flying that it might be, I knew I wanted to go check it out), but I don't bash it (or Androids) as though the Storm was all things perfect. The iPhone is not a toy, though his use of that word seemed to imply that. I think to some, their phone, BB, Android, Apple or otherwise, really are toys. Yes, they want to make calls, send texts and emails, but they may view the whole thing as a "toy." I'm with you, I don't want a toy either, but I don't consider any of these devices "toys."
    It's only "great" if one's idea of greatness is a product's ability to download and run zillions of crapapplications. Ever look at the top 50 free and top 50 paid apps? Goofy games abound. There are only a tiny handful of useful applications for an adult--apps like Pandora, ibooks, skype, movies, weather channel, and some social apps in the top 50 free apps. The REST are idiotic games for children and adults who didn't grow up yet. How many fart apps does apple have to allow? Oh, that's right--by allowing so many STUPID apps, they can boast about LARGE NUMBERS OF APPS. They think the public is stupid. I rest my case.

The primary function of a PHONE should be that it can make and receive calls. An iPhone doesn't excel at those tasks. That's ONE reason I don't want one. Name the SINGLE MOST GIVEN REASON A person wants an iPhone. I can guarantee you that it isn't to have a reliable PHONE. It's to have a toy. Do you know what the demographics is of Touch owners? It's CHILDREN, primarily. I just asked my wife today, "if your touch breaks, do you want another one?". Her response," nope, I don't think I'd bother getting another one". WHY? Her BB has the social apps on it she uses, it has Kindle, and her netbook is her "go to" product for keeping up with family on facebook. The touch has been relegated to third place in our lives. It was fun for a while, but it's time has come and gone for us. I've given up my MiFi because I can run Pandora on the storm. No need to spend $60/mo for MiFi just so I could use my Touch for that!
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-25-10 at 08:12 PM.
    06-25-10 08:06 PM
    I used to think the same thing, until I really gave it a good look and had some things pointed out to me. Yes, there are a bazillion silly apps but there are also some excellent apps and many that have no peer in the BB world. There are legal apps that attorney's use, medical apps for doctors and I'm sure, more for other professions. We can't be blinded by the fart apps (hmmm...poor analogy there?). What I'm saying is, the iPhone is a great device...it may not be YOUR great device or mine, but it simply cannot be dismissed out of hand by any reasonable, objective reviewer. Besides, my reference was to the device itself, not the apps!

It's only "great" if one's idea of greatness is a product's ability to download and run zillions of crapapplications. Ever look at the top 50 free and top 50 paid apps? Goofy games abound. There are only a tiny handful of useful applications for an adult--apps like Pandora, ibooks, skype, movies, weather channel, and some social apps in the top 50 free apps. The REST are idiotic games for children and adults who didn't grow up yet. How many fart apps does apple have to allow? Oh, that's right--by allowing so many STUPID apps, they can boast about LARGE NUMBERS OF APPS. They think the public is stupid. I rest my case.
    06-25-10 08:11 PM
    I used to think the same thing, until I really gave it a good look and had some things pointed out to me. Yes, there are a bazillion silly apps but there are also some excellent apps and many that have no peer in the BB world. There are legal apps that attorney's use, medical apps for doctors and I'm sure, more for other professions. We can't be blinded by the fart apps (hmmm...poor analogy there?). What I'm saying is, the iPhone is a great device...it may not be YOUR great device or mine, but it simply cannot be dismissed out of hand by any reasonable, objective reviewer. Besides, my reference was to the device itself, not the apps!
    BUt see, here we go again. It's a "device" even in YOUR WORDS. You didn't even say "PHONE". You know and I know it's not a GREAT PHONE. It's a cool "device". granted. but as a phone, and on AT&T, it BITES. the speaker isn't very loud, the reception is spotty, calls are dropped. that's not what a good phone should be doing, regardless of the carrier's faults.
    06-25-10 08:14 PM
    I added a long paragraph while u were responding... sorry!
    06-25-10 08:15 PM
    I agree with you that these devices are not toys and iPhone is definitely a nicely sculptured hardware. My greatest beef with the iPhone is that it often touts everything it suddenly incorporates in its series as the best despite the same feature existing years ago on other platforms e.g 'copy and paste', camera flash, front facing camera, unified inbox, using folders, multitasking, etc. All of a sudden these features are now magical because they appeared on iPhone.

Last edited by brown_storm; 06-25-10 at 08:53 PM.
    06-25-10 08:49 PM
    I will agree with Dave on this one. Most of those useful professional apps exist across all platforms. I don't know of any doctor or lawyer (and I know plenty) who wants an iPhone because of the professional app. Most that go for it is simply to have the latest toy in the market.

06-25-10 08:59 PM
    I will agree with Dave on this one. Most of those useful professional apps exist across all platforms. I don't know of any doctor or lawyer (and I know plenty) who wants an iPhone because of the professional app. Most that go for it is simply to have the latest toy in the market.
    My wife works with a multitude of doctors. Most of them tote Blackberries. AAMOF, she estimates that 75% own BB. ALL of the anesthesiologists she knows have BB--NONE have a Jesus phone.
    06-25-10 09:34 PM
    Just curious, what sort of things do you do with you phone all day that will require 2-3 charges a day?
    About ten hours of Slacker (using BT headphones), phone calls, email, web surfing, games, GPS... Every now and then I take a day off from the BB, but it is usually glued to my hand.

06-25-10 10:45 PM
    IIRC, I read somewhere that the App Store has 9,000 Flashlight Apps, so I'd take their number of apps ads with a grain of salt...

I was at LegalTech West convention in LA this week. As a phone junkie, I'm always watching to see what people were using. It was probably close to 90% Blackberry, a handful of iPhones and 1 Android. And I saw one guy with an iPad. And it wasn't just the convention, most of the places I went in the general public, BBS easily outnumbered the iPhones.

The biggest problem is that many people believe the PR hype and don't look into the possible negatives. RIM doesn't do as much PR so what does that leave them with?
    06-25-10 11:26 PM
    I wonder if a case like an Otterbox would help the new iYuppie.

Dave - thanks for putting it into perspective. I think every one of my friends have got a new Android or iDropCall in the past two weeks. I still really like the S2

i saw a couple of people at work today with the new iphones...a surgeon, a nurse and a perfusionist and they all love it! two of them, one not by choice waited in line for 11-12 hours yesterday. it looks nice but I still love my Storm2 as well. but to each his/her own.
    06-26-10 12:01 AM
    i saw a couple of people at work today with the new iphones...a surgeon, a nurse and a perfusionist and they all love it! two of them, one not by choice waited in line for 11-12 hours yesterday. it looks nice but I still love my Storm2 as well. but to each his/her own.
    Were they relatively young? I'd expect that the younger crowd would be more into Apple's reality distortion field than older folks.

I'm no Obama fan, but at least he's got the right phone! j/k, folks.
    06-26-10 11:52 AM
    The only thing wrong with the storm 2 is the browser IMO. As long as rim get us the web kit browser we will be good. I had the incredible but came back to blackberry and love it. Rim just needs to speed up the improvement process.

AMEN BROTHER!!!! I think BlackBerrys are some of the best smartphones, it's just that the browser is horrible! The BB experience is much more integrated and fluid than other platforms IMO. I was looking at Android for my next device but I think Im going to be sticking with my good ol' BlackBerry
    06-26-10 12:39 PM
    Wow this is almost 50% an iPhone hate thread. This is bizarro fanboy land! None of them are as bad as you guys paint them, and hateboy is almost as bad as fanboy in my book. Preference is preference, but this stuff is funny.
    06-26-10 12:46 PM
    Exactly. Some simply refuse to acknowledge anything good in devices not made by RIM and are as vociferous in expressing their hatred for all things non-BB as they are for their absolute adoration for all things BB. Very childish, imo.

Wow this is almost 50% an iPhone hate thread. This is bizarro fanboy land! None of them are as bad as you guys paint them, and hateboy is almost as bad as fanboy in my book. Preference is preference, but this stuff is funny.
    06-26-10 01:42 PM
    06-26-10 01:50 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD