If you THINK the S2 is such a bad phone (or the OS sucks--whatever your complaint is), take a gander at the Apple's forum for the iPhone. The complaints are horrific and even longtime Apple fans are ******** up a storm (hehe) about the antenna issues, screen issues, etc, etc. Those antenna issues are far more serious than the little nits some of you here rail on and on about. ie, you could have a lot more issues with your phone than what the Storm and OS 5.x have handed you. Be thankful!!
    06-25-10 12:18 PM
    If you THINK the S2 is such a bad phone (or the OS sucks--whatever your complaint is), take a gander at the Apple's forum for the iPhone. The complaints are horrific and even longtime Apple fans are ******** up a storm (hehe) about the antenna issues, screen issues, etc, etc. Those antenna issues are far more serious than the little nits some of you here rail on and on about. ie, you could have a lot more issues with your phone than what the Storm and OS 5.x have handed you. Be thankful!!
    Agreed, that's why I'm probably going to be getting a Droid X on July 15th.
    06-25-10 12:38 PM
    I wonder if a case like an Otterbox would help the new iYuppie.

Dave - thanks for putting it into perspective. I think every one of my friends have got a new Android or iDropCall in the past two weeks. I still really like the S2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 12:40 PM
    I'm thankful! i may complain here or there but I love my storm2. Not too crazy about OS 713 but you know what? All I have to do is go back to OS 517 that worked for me. Patience is a virtue and I believe we are going to be in for a sweet surprise sooner or later weather its a new device or a better and sweeter OS.
    06-25-10 12:43 PM
    I'm thankful! i may complain here or there but I love my storm2. Not too crazy about OS 713 but you know what? All I have to do is go back to OS 517 that worked for me. Patience is a virtue and I believe we are going to be in for a sweet surprise sooner or later weather its a new device or a better and sweeter OS.
    This board has been saying that since the Storm1 came out.

Now this Storm2 hasn't been all THAT bad to me. It's been far more reliable than the S1 that I know for sure. I'm just ready to try something new...and since RIM isn't coming out with any interesting phones on VZW in the near future (the Clamshell phone looks terrible IMO), I figured I'd try Android. My roommates have them and seem to really like them and after a couple of months, don't have any complaints...cept for battery life.

My other roommate has an iPhone 3G and hates it, he likes the phone but AT&T's signal is so mercurial around Northern VA that it drives him nuts, so I just want to stay with VZW.
    06-25-10 12:50 PM
    Agreed, that's why I'm probably going to be getting a Droid X on July 15th.
    I predict that phone is going to sell major quantities! (as if that's hard to predict. LOL! ) IF it turns out not to have any major issues, it'll give the Jesus phone a run for it's money. I'm still going to stick with my S2 for quite a while, for reasons I've mentioned often, on this site.
    06-25-10 12:50 PM
    This board has been saying that since the Storm1 came out.

Now this Storm2 hasn't been all THAT bad to me. It's been far more reliable than the S1 that I know for sure. I'm just ready to try something new...and since RIM isn't coming out with any interesting phones on VZW in the near future (the Clamshell phone looks terrible IMO), I figured I'd try Android. My roommates have them and seem to really like them and after a couple of months, don't have any complaints...cept for battery life.

My other roommate has an iPhone 3G and hates it, he likes the phone but AT&T's signal is so mercurial around Northern VA that it drives him nuts, so I just want to stay with VZW.
    as far as battery life is concerned, for every phone BUT the Jesus phone, an additional battery will solve most users problems getting through one day.
    06-25-10 12:51 PM
    I predict that phone is going to sell major quantities! (as if that's hard to predict. LOL! ) IF it turns out not to have any major issues, it'll give the Jesus phone a run for it's money. I'm still going to stick with my S2 for quite a while, for reasons I've mentioned often, on this site.
    Yeah, plus Google doesn't have the unusual, dictator like reputation that Apple has...ironic since they started out as the company that was all anti-corporation.

After a year or two with Android, I'd certainly reconsider RIM again if OS6 is all its cracked up to be and they come up with some nice products. I do think RIM (with the exception of that awful clamshell) makes some of the nicest looking phones on the market.

Oh, and my friends with Android (who came from Blackberry) also admit that the Facebook app was better on Blackberry. Oh well, we all know folks who live by "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. Just gotta take the pros and cons of each device, OS, etc.
    06-25-10 12:51 PM
    Apple needs to be careful, they're starting to get too big for their britches. Their responses to the issues with the antenna are totally unacceptable.
    06-25-10 12:55 PM
    as far as battery life is concerned, for every phone BUT the Jesus phone, an additional battery will solve most users problems getting through one day.
    I keep effing forgetting that I have a spare battery from my S1! Just need to keep it charged somehow...
    06-25-10 12:58 PM
    Yeah, like they have perfected the concept of the smart phone.

I am sure that everyone will be b*(#$*ing and moaning about it to.

There is no way to satisfy everyone, some people just like to complain.
    06-25-10 01:00 PM
    I keep effing forgetting that I have a spare battery from my S1! Just need to keep it charged somehow...
    I was going to get a spare for my phone, until I realized that neither myself or my wife have trouble getting through one day, even with moderately heavy use. Therefore I figured why bother with spending the extra cash and keeping up with a spare.
    06-25-10 01:05 PM
    The antenna issue is a BIG FAIL for iPhone4. The yellow tint on the screen was dismissed yesterday as a dye from an adhesive used to manufacture the screen. Today, Steve Job told iPhone users to hold the phone by avoiding the metal casing or buy a 'bumper' case from Apple Store. How pathetic(?cool) is that!
    06-25-10 01:07 PM
    The complaints have been streaming in for the 4, but the Jesus phone has always had complaints, just has had the Android devices and BBs. Some complaints are legit, others seem out of whack and still others are isolated incidents. I just finished reading a review comparing the X with the 4 and the Galaxy 5. Interesting comparisons on the cameras, with the Jesus phone winning the comparison in the "overall" category (came in tops in several categories and finished 2nd in some others). It appears there are several good cam phones out there now.

P.S. I hear that if you always wear a glove when using the iPhone 4, the antenna issue is fixed. Soon, we'll see a whole new wave of Michael Jackson lookalikes wearing one glove

I inadvertently assigned the X as going to AT&T...I'm quite relieved to see I was w....er, wr.........um...........wrrrrr....ong.
    :: whew ::
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-25-10 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Whoops, my bad............
    06-25-10 01:09 PM
    the Clamshell phone looks terrible IMO
    YES TOTALLY AGREE!!! What the fish is RIM head designer thinking? We shall see their sales records for that phone....

I read somewhere that they remotely remove software from droid phones without informing users? isn't that scary?
    06-25-10 01:10 PM
    The antenna issue is a BIG FAIL for iPhone4. The yellow tint on the screen was dismissed yesterday as a dye from an adhesive used to manufacture the screen. Today, Steve Job told iPhone users to hold the phone by avoiding the metal casing or buy a 'bumper' case from Apple Store. How pathetic(?cool) is that!
    He has just reached a new level of arrogance and contempt for his customers.
    06-25-10 01:17 PM
    The only thing wrong with the storm 2 is the browser IMO. As long as rim get us the web kit browser we will be good. I had the incredible but came back to blackberry and love it. Rim just needs to speed up the improvement process.

06-25-10 01:17 PM
    anything!

P.S. I hear that if you always wear a glove when using the iPhone 4, the antenna issue is fixed. Soon, we'll see a whole new wave of Michael Jackson lookalikes wearing one glove

With sequins??
    06-25-10 01:18 PM
    The only thing wrong with the storm 2 is the browser IMO. As long as rim get us the web kit browser we will be good. I had the incredible but came back to blackberry and love it. Rim just needs to speed up the improvement process.

+1 the browser certainly blows.
    06-25-10 01:19 PM
    I was going to get a spare for my phone, until I realized that neither myself or my wife have trouble getting through one day, even with moderately heavy use. Therefore I figured why bother with spending the extra cash and keeping up with a spare.
    True, at most, I've been down to 30%, but I'm never far from a charging port (my car, workstation or laptop).

This cracked me up.
    06-25-10 01:21 PM
    The complaints have been streaming in for the 4, but the Jesus phone has always had complaints, just has had the Android devices and BBs. Some complaints are legit, others seem out of whack and still others are isolated incidents. I just finished reading a review comparing the X with the 4 and the Galaxy 5. Interesting comparisons on the cameras, with the Jesus phone winning the comparison in the "overall" category (came in tops in several categories and finished 2nd in some others). It appears there are several good cam phones out there now. The X might be a pretty neat phone but holy dropped call, Batman, it's going to AT&T??? That blows my mind, why this decision? I guess perhaps, they wanted an Android device on AT&T that could compete against the iPhone but I can't imagine, if I were the manufacturer of this device, even CONSIDERING AT&T for anything!

Are you talking about the Droid X? That's a Verizon exclusive and not going to AT&T.
    06-25-10 01:22 PM
    yeah, so long as they're not metal

With sequins??
    06-25-10 01:24 PM
    HA!!!! I realized my mistake and went back to correct the original post. I was quite relieved to see that nobody caught that...until just now, LOL!!! My mistake, I read several articles this morning, some comparing the 4 against the X and others looking at the cameras and videos on several makes of phones and got some of my carriers mixed up!

Are you talking about the Droid X? That's a Verizon exclusive and not going to AT&T.
    06-25-10 01:25 PM
    I wish I could see that image in a larger size--I tried the link itself, but it's no larger than what you posted in your thread. Know anywhere it's easier to view?
    06-25-10 01:26 PM
    YES TOTALLY AGREE!!! What the fish is RIM head designer thinking? We shall see their sales records for that phone....

I read somewhere that they remotely remove software from droid phones without informing users? isn't that scary?
    They did. A security firm created an app that is advertised as one thing in their Android Market but really just collected information about who ever downloaded the app and sent it back to the firm without the user knowing it, in fact when the user opened the app, it really didn't do anything.

Google caught wind of this, sent out warnings to users, and remotely deleted any instance of the app on every Android device for their own personal safety.

Google released an announcement saying that they hope to never have to use it again but stated that that's the reason why they created the functionality.

It's not really scary, Google is usually a pretty good company when it comes to not being very controlling and imposing limits on what it's users can do.
    06-25-10 01:26 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD