10-16-08 10:33 PM
    Its unfortunate that the article has so many errors. Looks like another apple fanboy wrote another iphone propaganda piece.
    10-17-08 01:04 AM
    Its unfortunate that the article has so many errors. Looks like another apple fanboy wrote another iphone propaganda piece.
    Yep!

I'll fix some of it for him- :P

Internet/Media - Streaming, Youtube
    Memory - I believe it's expandable to 16GB and should eventually support 32GB
    Multimedia - Stereo Bluetooh

We can only hope the Storm's battery lasts long enough to handle those features without rendering them impractical.
    Atleast we can change the battery if it is going - :P
    10-17-08 07:33 AM
    I thought it was funny that, in the table they list the Storm as having more battery life (both standby AND 3G voice-calls); 60 more hours of standby...that's not just "a little" more...and then turn around and say "We can only hope the Storm's battery lasts long enough to handle those features without rendering them impractical."

Where's the comment about the iPhone along the lines of "While it does an excellent job of playing movies, we'd suggest you not do this if you're waiting for an important phone call, as the iPhone has less battery life than competitors like the Blackberry Storm and, unlike the Storm, does not have a user-replaceable battery for marathon sessions with the device."

They state that the Storm has a maximum external memory capacity of 8GB but, the argument on Crackberry has been "is it 16GB or will it accept the new 32GB cards when they come out".

No mention at all of the plusses of the Storm over the iPhone...replaceable battery, expandable memory and, to me, the biggest oversight of the iPhone "wireless multimedia device", A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth capability).

Also. it looks like the only people who are bigger Apple fanboys than the article-writers are the people posting comments.
    10-17-08 07:38 AM
    VoltaicShock,

LOL, looks like the article struck the same chords with you and I!!
    10-17-08 07:39 AM
    VoltaicShock,

LOL, looks like the article struck the same chords with you and I!!
    Did you guys read that one that was floating around here about a week ago? I think the thread it was posted in was "Storm vs iPhone 3G."

It was fraught with misinformation, but the clincher was this punk that wrote it actually had the nerve to say that the 3G's battery life was going to be better than the Storm's.
    10-17-08 08:21 AM
    Did you guys read that one that was floating around here about a week ago? I think the thread it was posted in was "Storm vs iPhone 3G."

It was fraught with misinformation, but the clincher was this punk that wrote it actually had the nerve to say that the 3G's battery life was going to be better than the Storm's.
    Yeah.

I have no problems saying the iPhone has some pluses over the BB Storm, but the BB Storm has some over the iPhone, it really comes down to what you want.

You should read the long comment listed on the site, it's great what he says.
    10-17-08 09:05 AM
    I love how we get a head to head of two devices when one hasn't even launched yet, as much information that is out about features and functionality none of it is streally concrete until the device launches so everything is really still only speculation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 09:50 AM
    I love how we get a head to head of two devices when one hasn't even launched yet, as much information that is out about features and functionality none of it is streally concrete until the device launches so everything is really still only speculation

It keeps our minds occupied while we wait

But I do agree with you to an extent. There has been officially released info about the Storm, so comparisons there can be done. To try and extrapolate anything beyond that, and then argue about it, gets kind of silly.
    10-17-08 09:54 AM
    Who cares whether the Storm is better than iPhone or vice versa.
    I am really getting sick of all these comparison with iPhone.
    iPhone is not miracle and people should start treating it like one.
    God........
    10-17-08 10:04 AM
    ^+1 I agree!!!

10-17-08 10:08 AM
    It keeps our minds occupied while we wait
    What else would we do all day? Work?
    10-17-08 10:09 AM
    ha ha ha...that would suck!

10-17-08 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD