I love my Storm, best phone I have ever had, but....

is it me or is the Storm in the commercial really fast? Now I don't live in a big city but I do work in Providence, but its never that fast. Is it that fast anywhere else?

Bolt and Opera speed it up, but my BB browser is as fast a my old Curve....(and I have 40 for memory)
    01-19-09 11:12 PM
    Its a commercial of course its going to be super fast lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 11:14 PM
    The commercial model is different too. The clicks are way louder. And if you pay attention, the screen is bigger. Theres not the thick black bar at the bottom of the touchsreen.
    01-19-09 11:15 PM
    I love my Storm, best phone I have ever had, but....

is it me or is the Storm in the commercial really fast? Now I don't live in a big city but I do work in Providence, but its never that fast. Is it that fast anywhere else?

Bolt and Opera speed it up, but my BB browser is as fast a my old Curve....(and I have 40 for memory)
    Forget how fast it is, did you notice how big it was? That thing is huge.
    01-19-09 11:34 PM
    Have you ever seen a commercial of an amazing looking hamburger at McDonalds then you go and order it and it is absolutely pathetic? That's advertising for you. Those guys will lie through their teeth with their hand on a bible just to get you interested in their product.

Besides in all the storm commercials the screen shots are simulated its not a real running storm. So you will never see a storm run as fast as the fake commercial so no need to compare. : ).

01-19-09 11:37 PM
    yeah i think on the bottom of the screen it even says "screen images simulated" which is better cause the commercial would kind of suck if you had to wait 15 seconds for the page to load...they dont say anything about the big screen and loud clicking too lol
    01-19-09 11:52 PM
    All I have to say is, it's a commercial.
    01-19-09 11:55 PM
    Haha ya that thing is a monster! Lmao

Its definitely NOT. A real Storm which I find interesting. In advertising . . .take coffee for instance. The brand of coffee that you are advertising must be the coffee used in the commercial. In addition, iF you have a sound bite of the coffee pouring into a cup or something, then it has to come from that coffee. It can't be substituted with a different more appealing sound. Its a wonder why this doesn't hold true for anything that's being advertised.

01-20-09 12:16 AM
    Nor is the iphone in the iphone commercial real. That's advertising.

01-20-09 12:30 AM
    Dude, I was watching it on my roommate's 72" HDTV and that thing is HUGE. No WAY can someone hold that! It's like the size of my torso!!! WTF?! The real phones aren't ANYTHING like it!!!

I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow to begin processes to sue RIM for false advertisement! I wasn't before because I thought it was just me... I'M SO GLAD PEOPLE REALIZE THAT OUR PHONES ARE NOT AS BIG AS IN THE COMMERCIAL. RIP OFF.
    01-20-09 12:31 AM
    My storm goes that fast. Also, thousands of people follow me wherever I walk. It's actually a little annoying.
    01-20-09 12:38 AM
    I'm glad the real storm does not click that loud! lol
    01-20-09 12:42 AM
    My storm goes that fast. Also, thousands of people follow me wherever I walk. It's actually a little annoying.
    And here I thought it was just me!
    01-20-09 12:51 AM
    I can't believe some of you are asking these ridiculous questions. Its a freakin commercial were you born yesterday? Do you think the iphone is as fast as it is in the commercial too?

01-20-09 02:17 AM
    I can't believe some of you are asking these ridiculous questions. Its a freakin commercial were you born yesterday? Do you think the iphone is as fast as it is in the commercial too?

There's a sucker born every second.
    01-20-09 02:22 AM
    Ehh...the iPhone is pretty damn fast though.
    01-20-09 02:50 AM
    Iphone is not fast!

01-20-09 02:56 AM
    I'm glad the real storm does not click that loud! lol
    I wouldn't be able to use the damn thing of it clicked that loud. I'd pop an eardrum.
    01-20-09 08:09 AM
    While the TV Storm appears to run faster. My storm is WAY faster than my iPhone. No issues with my storm

01-20-09 08:15 AM
    Sorry to disappoint you, or crush your hopes for a lawsuit, but that is an ACTUAL Storm in the commercials. They just use a stunt midget to hold the device. By law, a stunt midget must be used in every single commercial. This was part of the deal to get the Ewoks back after they stormed off the set of Return of the Jedi. Look it up.
    01-20-09 08:22 AM
    Ehh...the iPhone is pretty damn fast though.
    Man, you can't say ANYTHING nice about an iPhone in this forum, even just to give it cred for something it IS good at, without people jumping in to shoot you down... You can't say something nice about an iPhone without someone taking it as a knock against the Storm.
    01-20-09 08:26 AM
    Man, you can't say ANYTHING nice about an iPhone in this forum, even just to give it cred for something it IS good at, without people jumping in to shoot you down... You can't say something nice about an iPhone without someone taking it as a knock against the Storm.
    I love my ipod touch, it plays my music great and some of the apps are cool. Does that count?
    01-20-09 09:46 AM

^^ Most intelligent post ever made on this site.
    01-20-09 10:06 AM
    False advertising is a crime. Are you saying RIM committed a crime? Companies are not allowed to fasify their devices on commercials. Not sure why some of you think that is allowed. If what is being advertised is not the same as the actual product, that is against the law.

As for some of you that are calling my question stupid, I guess you know how the Storm acts in major 3G markets but I do not. Think before you type and read my OP before jumping on a fellow BB user for no reason.
    01-20-09 10:13 AM
    Its not false advertising. That's just how advertising works. On commercials for TVs they are not filming the TV as it is running. It all simulated. Are you going to sue Kellogg because your Frosted Mini Wheats aren't as big as they are on the box?
    01-20-09 10:20 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD