Seems like were not the only people who like clicking sound of the storm. Iphone users have added a sound file to their iphones duplicating the clicking sound of the storm. (blackberry storm click sound?) There are two sounding clicks an I have converted them both as a set of mp3 and wave.
    I have my computer set for the wave, as I like the sound of my mouse with every click to make the storm sound. Just add which wave you want to your sounds and audio devices properties, in your control panel.
    01-23-09 09:00 AM
    how do you enable the click?
    01-23-09 09:28 AM
    Yeah but the sound doesnt change the fact that it doesnt actually click. More like a lame attempt to imitate.
    01-23-09 11:32 AM
    The click sound has been around for years. The original iPods had it AFAIK.
    01-23-09 11:42 AM
    how do you enable the click?

Good question. How do you change the sound?
    01-23-09 11:47 AM
    Good question. How do you change the sound?
    Kinda confused on what your asking. Do mean for the iphone or the pc?
    01-23-09 11:52 AM
    how do you enable the click sound on the storm??
    01-23-09 04:01 PM
    Lol this quote on that forum is funny

This BlackBerry Storm Click on the iPhone sounds and feels ******* AMAZING! It's like a new iPhone altogether
    01-23-09 04:13 PM
    I bet it feels soooooo much better than without a sound.
    01-23-09 04:33 PM
    how do you enable the click sound on the storm??
    It's always enabled. I can't figure out how to turn it off. Even when I take the battery out it makes the click sound. The only work around I've found is to wear earplugs.
    01-23-09 04:37 PM
    My storm doesnt make the "click sound"... I wonder how I enable it?
    01-23-09 04:44 PM
    You guys are GREAT
    01-23-09 04:48 PM
    It's always enabled. I can't figure out how to turn it off. Even when I take the battery out it makes the click sound. The only work around I've found is to wear earplugs.
    You can't turn it off on the storm. Its mechanical. Its not a sound file.Its the mechanical feedback that gives off the sound. The files I uploaded, are sound files to duplicate the mechanical click feedback of the storm. The Iphone doesn't have feedback so they instead made a sound file to try and give the same sound.

These files are useless with our storms. You can use them for other things like the pc. Everytime I click with my mouse button or like when I click on the start button in windows, I get the storm click sound.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-23-09 at 05:26 PM.
    01-23-09 05:24 PM
    You can't turn it off on the storm. Its mechanical. Its not a sound file.Its the mechanical feedback that gives off the sound. The files I uploaded, are sound files to duplicate the mechanical click feedback of the storm. The Iphone doesn't have feedback so they instead made a sound file to try and give the same sound.
    I don't think that there is any mechanical feedback in my Storm. I'm pretty sure that mine has a nano-battery powering the speaker that makes a clicking sound every time I press the screen, even when the main battery is removed. Because mine clicks even when I pull the battery.
    01-23-09 05:30 PM
    I don't think that there is any mechanical feedback in my Storm. I'm pretty sure that mine has a nano-battery powering the speaker that makes a clicking sound every time I press the screen, even when the main battery is removed. Because mine clicks even when I pull the battery.
    Are you kidding me? There is no clicking sound coming from the speaker. It a sound made by the feed back. For example: Its like pushing on a 2 litter of soda, and the plastic pops out, with the pop sound.
    01-23-09 05:40 PM
    Are you kidding me? There is no clicking sound coming from the speaker. It a sound made by the feed back. For example: Its like pushing on a 2 litter of soda, and the plastic pops out, with the pop sound.
    I heard that RIM developed a lithium-titanate nano battery specifically for the Storm's offline clicking feature. The screen press button and speaker can be energized by both the lithium-titanate nano battery and the standard 1600 mAh Li-ion battery. This feature ensures that the screen will continue to provide a clicking sound even after the battery has been removed. I think it's so that RIM can ensure the user receives mechanical and audible feedback while using an un-powered Storm.
    01-23-09 05:54 PM

These files are useless with our storms. You can use them for other things like the pc. Everytime I click with my mouse button or like when I click on the start button in windows, I get the storm click sound.
    I think the real question was, how do I change the KEY TONE to make this click sound instead of the default key tone sound (beep). I don't think it's possible as of .90 OS.
    01-23-09 06:05 PM
    I heard that RIM developed a lithium-titanate nano battery specifically for the Storm's offline clicking feature. The screen press button and speaker can be energized by both the lithium-titanate nano battery and the standard 1600 mAh Li-ion battery. This feature ensures that the screen will continue to provide a clicking sound even after the battery has been removed. I think it's so that RIM can ensure the user receives mechanical and audible feedback while using an un-powered Storm.
    uh...no. It doesn't need any power to click.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-23-09 at 06:14 PM.
    01-23-09 06:09 PM
    Hey my storm doesn't make the clicking sound u guys r talking about?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 06:20 PM
    Maybe your nano battery is dead.
    01-23-09 06:24 PM
    uh...no. It doesn't need any power to click.
    I'm pretty sure his post was facetious
    01-23-09 06:34 PM
    Jascias <---- doesn't smell the sarcasm in the room.
    01-23-09 06:35 PM
    Jascias <---- doesn't smell the sarcasm in the room.
    LOL, don't understand the point of sarcasm. People in here sometime say the most craziest things in this forum and you don't know if their being sarcastic, or they actually believe it.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-23-09 at 06:44 PM.
    01-23-09 06:39 PM
    I think it's so that RIM can ensure the user receives mechanical and audible feedback while using an un-powered Storm.
    hahahahahaha thats good
    01-23-09 06:55 PM
    I have my computer set for the wave, as I like the sound of my mouse with every click to make the storm sound.
    how exactly do you do this? Do you have to change all the sounds for minimize, maximize, close program, or is there a generic option you can change.
    01-23-09 06:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD