To see this issue from the beginning, check this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...t-turn-159948/. I'm posting here because this also happened after I updated to .103 as I mentioned, so I thought I would get the OS experts opinion as well.

I did a full charge last night on a different plug. It began to charge but I woke up this morning to a dead/unchargeable Storm.

It has been charging perfect on the RIM charger for a month. Last night I was using this BlackBerry Storm 9530 Retractable Home / Travel AC Charger (Black) | CasesLand.com - Cell Phone Accessories charger.

I also updated to .103 and I don't believe I put it on the charger after, so could it possibly be a OS issue? I searched and have only found battery life issues, which I obviously have as well, but none about actual charging issues. I'll be cross posting this to Leaked/Beta OS as well.

Is this a battery issue as some mentioned or perhaps a charging equipment using?

This is the first problem and of course I'm away from my house, so I don't have all the proper equipment to work it out. Thanks for any help.
    02-15-09 03:11 PM
    just had the same problem, dont know what to do.. im working on mine now
    02-15-09 03:13 PM
    now i get this little empty battery icon..

i did a battery pull and booted it now connected to the power and it only made it half way and shut down...
    02-15-09 03:16 PM
    now i get this little empty battery icon..

i did a battery pull and booted it now connected to the power and it only made it half way and shut down...
    I've done several battery pulls to no avail.

Of what I've been able to try it leads me to believe it's the aftermarket wall charger I'm using. I have a feeling if I go to my car and plug it into the car charger (By the same Mfg. as the wall charger), it will begin charging.
    02-15-09 03:32 PM
    Try charging from a car charger, or better yet, since you're on your PC anyhow, using a USB cable to your PC with it on a power supply.
    02-15-09 03:46 PM
    Try charging from a car charger, or better yet, since you're on your PC anyhow, using a USB cable to your PC with it on a power supply.
    It charges fine in the car and I won't have my USB cord until tomorrow night.

Also, I forgot to add I get a long-blinking red light when I plug it in now. It's solid red for a few seconds and then blinks and comes back a few seconds later.
    02-15-09 04:21 PM
    It sounds like a charger issue to me. If it will charge with your car charger and not on your other one I'm guessing you got a lose connection in your charger. Not saying you shouldn't keep trying to figure out if there is another problem. I would use the first charger you were using if that one worked or see if you can test it in a store on one of their chargers and see if that works.
    02-15-09 04:48 PM
    It sounds like a charger issue to me. If it will charge with your car charger and not on your other one I'm guessing you got a lose connection in your charger. Not saying you shouldn't keep trying to figure out if there is another problem. I would use the first charger you were using if that one worked or see if you can test it in a store on one of their chargers and see if that works.
    Yeah, I'm just in denial because I'm fearful how difficult the return process will be.
    02-15-09 05:07 PM
    A little over a month ago I had my 9530 Storm not charge. I tried plugging it into many different outlets and it still wouldn't charge. I took it to the Verizon store and it charged just fine. I bought a car charger and charged it that way the one time. I have had no repeats of the incident since.
    02-15-09 05:22 PM
    That was one of the many problems I had on .103,since I have gone back to .75
    02-15-09 05:25 PM
    The saga continues...

In a car, far, far away, I plugged the phone in for a charge on the car charger. It took a 2 bar charge in about an hour-10, hour-15.

I've brought it in and put it back on the wall charger. The lightning bolt over the batter came on and it began charging. I've turned it off now and left it charging. The green light is still blinking after about 15 minutes, which I assume means it's taking a charge.
    02-15-09 07:46 PM
    I'm not so sure it is a power supply problem... My storm is not taking a charge either. The lightening bolt appears when I have it plugged into the wall, but it doesn't take a charge. This has only happened since installing .103 and the fact that I see the lightening bolt tells me it recognizes the charger. The weird thing is that it will charge off my USB cable... just really slowly which is annoying. Anyone else having this issue still?
    02-18-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD