Back in 2006 when the first New Gen BB came out, I carefully considered the cost of canceling my newly renewed AT&T contract. After MUCH thought and discussion with a co-worker I decided to cancel the AT&T contract. SO I ended up with the LAST phone at the T-Mobile store!

I was like BAM to my co-workers when I walked into work the next day with the phone. They were whooooooAwwwww you got the pearl. LOL.

So to walk in the next day with the STORM...OMG. It's soo stressful, to have to wait and wait and wait like this. Why can't it just be here already???So UNFAIR!

BUT I'm really affarid that the Storm is gonna have issues. Phones always have issues and the more complicated the phone...the more the issues.

Then there is also the pricing. I mean I just don't think I can pay 700 for a phone...even a BB. That's a lot. I mean least the IPhone came with storage. With the BB you gotta take the hit for the phone and then still have to buy a seperate memory card. Not to mention that it's not all that easy to sync with ITunes.

Lastly, what I've read is that the Data Package will be required here out. Which I'm ok with. I mean for google maps alone...the data package is worth it. But 30 bucks?! Holy COW.

So my heart burn continues...(At least I have a backup plan of the New Flip Phone Pearl if all else fails with the Storm)

-Surived Hurricane IKE and just waiting for the BB Storm!
    09-18-08 07:59 PM
    According to some leaked package images, the Storm will ship with 8 GB microSD cards pre-installed
    09-18-08 08:05 PM
    The Storm repotedly comes with an 8 gig card pre installed. No need to buy a "seperate" one unless you just need THAT much storage. And the new software has gotten easier to sync with iTunes. I'm curious where you get 700 as a price point tho? Namely, I see you're with TMO which means you'll be jumping ship to get the Storm which would mean promotional pricing (predicted around 199-250). If you were planning on paying full retail to use it on TMO, sorry, no dice there. Not compatible. The Thunder (unlocked) will be whenever it's released. But that's more waiting!
    09-18-08 08:09 PM
    It's soo stressful, to have to wait and wait and wait like this. Why can't it just be here already???So UNFAIR!
    I sooo understand, but there is really only a few ways to go about it....

Either announce nothing and just "poof", it's there one day and we read about it and buy it.

Or, the build up like this.

Either way, it comes out the same time(mm/dd) it's just if we want advanced notice or not.

So would we rather no nothing and it just appears on our doorstep, or would we rather read about it for weeks/months. Personally I think this is better, since it gives people a chance to hold off on what they were going to do (like upgrade to a Curve or whatever. or hold off - like me.
    09-18-08 08:50 PM
    I sooo understand, but there is really only a few ways to go about it....

Either announce nothing and just "poof", it's there one day and we read about it and buy it.

Or, the build up like this.

Either way, it comes out the same time(mm/dd) it's just if we want advanced notice or not.

So would we rather no nothing and it just appears on our doorstep, or would we rather read about it for weeks/months. Personally I think this is better, since it gives people a chance to hold off on what they were going to do (like upgrade to a Curve or whatever. or hold off - like me.
    Exactly. I was so close to getting a Curve when I happened to check online for the possibility of new BlackBerry releases... and saw the rumors about the Storm (or Thunder as it was being called then) a few months ago. I'm really, really happy there was information out there or I would have been devastated when the Storm was announced out of the blue and I would have been stuck for 2 years without one.
    09-21-08 08:32 AM
    why would you want to sync with iTunes. I can't think of a worse piece of software.
    09-21-08 08:44 AM
    According to some leaked package images, the Storm will ship with 8 GB microSD cards pre-installed
    I heard this from a VZ tech as well
    09-21-08 08:52 AM
    Easy downloading of podcasts.....people who already have an ipod and their music collection is locked to itunes....

Chrome Orange, not to be critical, but why post a comment of that nature? It makes you sound pretty dumb. If you had an alternate suggestion of something to use thats fine, but to just knock of something that's it.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 08:53 AM
    To the OP, your comments regarding phone price make no sense as you will need to switch to VZW so you will get a new subscriber price.......

09-21-08 08:55 AM
    Easy downloading of podcasts.....people who already have an ipod and their music collection is locked to itunes....

Chrome Orange, not to be critical, but why post a comment of that nature? It makes you sound pretty dumb. If you had an alternate suggestion of something to use thats fine, but to just knock of something that's it.....

There are several alternatives, how many will work with the BB I don't know so I didn't suggest an alternative. iTunes is poorly designed, poorly thought out, resource hungry software and appears to be primarily designed to make sure you can only ever use apple products for your music (the odd plugin to allow things like your BB to work with it aside but god help you if you want to change software or move YOUR files).

I have an iPod which I generally like now I use Media Monkey to manage my music.
    09-21-08 09:24 AM
    Verizon has delayed the introduction of the storm. At a meeting last week, they decided to charge extra for use of the vowels on the keyboard. they are working out the price structure, but until that's worked out, only consonants can be used. ha ha ha
    09-21-08 09:32 AM
    I'd like to buy a vowel please, Pat.

09-21-08 12:18 PM
    Verizon has delayed the introduction of the storm. At a meeting last week, they decided to charge extra for use of the vowels on the keyboard. they are working out the price structure, but until that's worked out, only consonants can be used. ha ha ha
    th shld shp th phn wtht vwls t wldn't b t bd hh ll...
    Ok nevermind I'd buy some vowels too lmao
    09-21-08 01:06 PM
    why would you want to sync with iTunes. I can't think of a worse piece of software.
    While I wouldn't call it the worst piece of software, I'm very annoyed by how limited ITunes is. Many small companies only sell music through ITunes so I'm forced to use it.

But I guess I'm getting a little dose of the Apple Monolopy.

So yea, liannanator I'm with you. I'm glad that there are leaks as it kept me from just getting the Pearl again. But heck, it's just such a long wait LOL!.
    09-22-08 11:07 AM
    Do you have the curve? I have Verizon and don't know whether I should just get the curve or wait for the storm...with the storm and kinks it needs to work out? and then I would be better off getting the curve...aaaggghhh Don't know what to do! It's driving me crazy all this waiting.
    10-17-08 07:58 PM
    I wouldn't exactly say that itunes is a terrible piece of software, its definatly not the best out there but i would definatly choose it over Windows Media Player, but as a mac fanboy, the only mac product i don't own is an iphone because AT&T doesn't make me happy. but as for itunes, and apple as a whole, the integration that they offer is great. I love apple. the only thing i don't like is the apple tax lol
    10-17-08 08:15 PM
    Man, if this is actually giving you physical ailments, your life sucks.

10-17-08 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD