Can you hook up your storm to the radio of your car to play music. Do they make something like the ipod to hook up to the car.
    02-10-09 09:23 AM
    If your car has either an aux input jack or you can do it. Also I believe it will work if your car radio is blue tooth capable. I believe I also saw a wireless bluetooth speakerphone with built in FM transmiitter in the Crackberry store. You can send your music over the FM if you get that.
    02-10-09 09:28 AM
    FM transmitter, thats what i was thinking. Ill look for that. Thanks for your input
    02-10-09 09:33 AM
    I use the auxiliary plug in mine and it works great. I play both Slacker radio and my stored music through it.
    02-10-09 09:33 AM
    I use the auxiliary plug in mine and it works great. I play both Slacker radio and my stored music through it.
    I agree that hard wired beats out the blue tooth and FM hands down, unfortunately not all car radios have it.
    02-10-09 09:35 AM
    My car has a cassette player (shut up! it's a 2001) so I had a tape adapter for my iPod back when I actually used it. So I use that. Much better than when I used an FM transmitter.
    02-10-09 10:04 AM
    I use the AUX IN jack with a Customer BB dock mountd in the car. Charges and plays all 8gb of music.. Use it daily.
    02-10-09 10:23 AM
    AUX in! It is located in the center console next to a charging input and the handsfree is bluetooth. So I plug in the AUX, the charger and throw it in the center console with the BT connected. Ready to go! I love listening to Flycast or podtrapper in my car on the way home from work.
    02-10-09 10:26 AM
    Another aux in here. Its worth getting a new deck for the car. Yes its that good.
    02-10-09 10:28 AM
    I used to plug my xm into the auxiliary jack but the sound from my storm and Slacker is much better than xm. I cancelled it yesterday.
    02-10-09 10:38 AM
    Can you hook up your storm to the radio of your car to play music. Do they make something like the ipod to hook up to the car.
    ARGH!!! This drives me crazy!! People think ipods and their accessories are so innovative. They are not... at least not as much as you think. Their marketing department is innovative and run by geniuses. Their products are another story.

With that in mind, yes. They have many different solutions to have any device play through your car's radio. This has nothing to do with being an ipod or not. Any device that has an output jack can play through a car's radio.

If your radio is not equipped with an input jack, you can use a cassette tape adapter, which is the easiest and most portable solution. I think the sound quality kind of sucks, though, and not a lot of cars have tape players anymore

You're looking for what is called an FM modulator. There are many kinds.

there are two major types, wireless and wired.

here's a link on ebay for one I got for my wife for her MP3 player. It's surprisingly good quality and pretty good signal strength.

LInk to wireless FM modulator on Ebay

There are also many wired FM modulators that plug into the back of your radio between the radio and your antenna cable. This provides you with higher sound quality and a static-free sound. Since it's permanent, you can get fancy and hardwire an input jack into your dash. I've done that kind of thing before and it's really not hard at all.

Link to wired FM modulator on Ebay

Hope that helps.
    02-10-09 10:45 AM
    My husband and I each have the Motorola MOTOROKR T505 and love it!

It's wireless, finds an FM station not being used, and connects itself to it. I can listen to my music from my phone, it pauses when I have an incoming call, it announces that call to me (through my car speakers), and I can talk (through the car speakers) on the phone while driving completely hands free! The best thing is, I can turn up the volume in my car for the call or the music as loud as I want. When the phone call is disconnected, my music resumes itself.

Nobody has said it was difficult to hear me on a phone, and my music sounds great.
    02-10-09 11:00 AM
    ARGH!!! This drives me crazy!! People think ipods and their accessories are so innovative. They are not... at least not as much as you think. Their marketing department is innovative and run by geniuses. Their products are another story.

How funny and true that is. I have a portable CD player plugged into my car stereo long before i-Pod was even an apple in someone's eye!
    02-10-09 11:00 AM

How funny and true that is. I have a portable CD player plugged into my car stereo long before i-Pod was even an apple in someone's eye!
    I know. it's amazing what people will spend on an FM modulator that says apple on it when you can get the same thing for half the cost but without the apple logo.

and, the iTrip or whatever it was called for my sister's old mini was nearly impossible to use because you had to select the FM station as if it were a song. It took her forever to figure out how to use it and then every once in a while it'd come up on her playlist. Then again, she may just not have known how to use it.
    02-10-09 11:35 AM
    I have a Pioneer Stereo that is bluetooth capable. It also has an Aux plug. I use the bluetooth though to play all my music and it ROCKS! I have had no issues. The stereo also has hands free for the phone so if someone calls and I'm listening to music, the music will stop and I can answer the call. No more missed calls because my music was too loud.
    02-10-09 11:35 AM
    Does anyone know if the T1806 (Pioneer-made stereo in 2006+ Scions) has an aux in? I'm thinking of doing a stereo swap.
    02-10-09 11:46 AM
    I use a Motorola Motorokr T505. Works awesome for calls and music

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 11:50 AM
    I add a vote for the T505 MotoRokr.
    02-10-09 12:01 PM
    I had an fm transmitter in the car and never worked for me.

I have an 03 VW and the OEM head unit has a tape player. So I went out to Walmart and purchased the 10 dollar tape with the adapter. The best $10 I ever spend cause what I also do is when I get a phone call I hit the speaker button on my storm and guess what? Now I hear them through my system. Yes Iím too cheap to by a blue tooth. and this works great!!
    02-10-09 12:20 PM
    I had an fm transmitter in the car and never worked for me.

I have an 03 VW and the OEM head unit has a tape player. So I went out to Walmart and purchased the 10 dollar tape with the adapter. The best $10 I ever spend cause what I also do is when I get a phone call I hit the speaker button on my storm and guess what? Now I hear them through my system. Yes Iím too cheap to by a blue tooth. and this works great!!
    I did the same thing with my 99 Marquis. The factory head unit was a cassette deck so I got similar tape player adapter from Walmart. My Storm worked liked you mentioned until my old radio died. It was on its last legs.

I was wondering around Walmart again an found a Dual replacement radio (Dual Electronics - Mobile Audio Receivers - XHD7714) with Bluetooth, HD radio, and Ipod controls all built in for only $145. I now have bluetooth hands free in the car and I love it.
    02-10-09 12:32 PM
    If you dont have the AUX in port like many others including myself you can buy this product that adapts to many OEM head units out there. I basically adds an AUX cable to plug into your ipod, iphone or in this case your blackberry storm. I did it and it works great. Here is the link below. Hope it helps.

GROM Audio AUX: OEM integration
    02-10-09 01:52 PM
    Does anyone know the difference between the aux port and the stereo inputs used with a video connector. My Aux port includes video for playing to the in car DVD system and has a left and right audio input.
    02-10-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD