What jmirc version are you all using? jmIrc-0.95.jar ? Maybe someone could post a link. thanks,
    02-08-09 11:12 AM
    I would love to be able to use irssi via ssh. I dont see any capable ssh program out for it though.
    02-17-09 04:48 PM
    I'm assuming that jmirc is the best option out there right now?
    02-20-09 12:52 AM
    Can't seem to connect to irc.slashnet.org on 6667...socket error.
    02-20-09 01:03 AM
    where to get jmirc?
    02-20-09 01:27 AM
    02-20-09 01:30 AM
    can somebody post a step-by-step? I cannot get jmIrc to work.
    05-14-09 02:28 AM
    This is not step by step but where you set up a profile change the sever to us.dal.net works for me about 80% of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 04:40 AM
    I'm trying to connect to efnet severs (have tried several) with both jmIRC and virca. My permissions are all set to allow.

Nothing has worked. Do I need to connect through a proxy?

05-17-09 03:07 AM
    Finally!

I used Jmirc and and allowed all permissions and most importantly got a good efnet server that wont kick/ban me for whatever reason irc.efnet.ch I have the storm on telus.
    06-18-09 04:44 PM
    We need a new IRC app. I find that regardless of the stability of my connection or the server, jmIRC always disconnects after about 15 minutes.

This drives me mad. I'd love a putty client for BlackBerry so I can ssh and use irssi. Or just a decent IRC client.
    i agree, we def could use a new IRC app. i'm going to finally start reading my java books to see what i can learn. i can't connect at all with any of these apps.
    07-08-09 08:02 AM
    We need a new IRC app. I find that regardless of the stability of my connection or the server, jmIRC always disconnects after about 15 minutes.

This drives me mad. I'd love a putty client for BlackBerry so I can ssh and use irssi. Or just a decent IRC client.
    I love irc and can't get jmirc to work... Agreed we need a new app. I know it would sell nicely on crackberry store ad appworld.... Maybe we can convince the software witches to brew one up????

07-08-09 08:08 AM
    Anyone get IRC connecting on Verizon yet? They're blocking 6667, aren't they?
    07-13-09 02:50 AM
    jmirc is old news. There is a much better irc client for the storm out that supports touchscreen functionality. Check out my thread on UtaIRC.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ir...mirc-m-173235/
    07-13-09 08:29 AM
    Verizon Users.. How did you configure? APN/IP Settings.
    07-13-09 10:25 AM
    Verizon Users.. How did you configure? APN/IP Settings.
    Should be blank, mine are.
    07-13-09 10:28 AM
    I found UtaIRC was too buggy for normal use. When I join channels, I see my clone join the channel, but UtaIRC doesn't open up the window! So I'm left staring at a blank status window with no way of interacting with the channel. It also has disconnect issues similar to jmIRC. (Not to mention the interface and touchscreen support is seriously lacking).
    The disconnect problem I have experienced; Seems all IRC clients I have tried have done that. But I have not experienced the status window issue you described. What IRC network were you trying to connect to? I would like to try it out.

I can sympathize on the interface, wish it was a bit more like jmirc with the menu layout. However the touchscreen support is pretty complete, you just need to know what motions to do and where to do them on the touchscreen grid. It takes practice.

Keep in mind this app was made over a year ago and not designed for the storm. Its just the best one I have found that works on the Storm, so far. Would be nice if one of the message companies just included the functionality or a native BB app was made...but I don't see this happening anytime soon.
    07-13-09 10:34 AM
    aviper9: You have working IRC on a Verizon Storm? Can you simplify the steps needed to get it working for me?
    07-14-09 02:49 AM
    Verizon has most IRC servers blocked, usually the big ones. If you use a BNC it would work (irc.swiftirc.net #BNC) since it doesnt even use port 6667.

But for the software, I really only find jmirc working half good in compatability mode. Any other good ones, ultrairc or w/e its called doesnt work worth crap for me.
    08-05-09 06:36 PM
    Verizon users please share if you have irc working..?
    08-05-09 10:35 PM
    What server address is valid? Do you enter in http or just irc.servername.com? I think I have it working ok, but I'm not sure about the syntax on the server selection.

I keep getting Invalid URL parameter. I've tried the syntax based on the desktop client and still not working. Currently I have irc.enterthegame.com as the server.
    Last edited by minigts; 09-22-09 at 11:13 AM.
    09-22-09 11:10 AM
    error trying to connect to irc server, aborting...exception: invalid url parameter

the url is fine, irc.serverhere.us

and the app has allow permissions for everything.

it used to work, a few OSes ago. wth
    10-26-09 01:26 AM
    I used Jmirc on my storm, it worked without a problem.
    10-28-09 08:17 AM
    Used. You using it now and if so on which OS? I've never been able to get it to work. I was able to get SOME version to work, but after a couple of days it quit connecting. No idea what the problem was.
    10-28-09 09:02 AM
    I want video evidence of it working then you navigating to the menu where I can see the OS, or it's a lie.

I've wiped the device in full, reloaded the OS, grabbed jmirc, and no dice.
    Last edited by l.a.rossmann; 10-31-09 at 05:15 AM.
    10-31-09 05:11 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD