has anyone experience this? storm can't scroll at all and is unresponsive to touch at all, that means i barely can go and clicking the menu. and when typing msg using the qwerty, it's hard... but the hard keys works, so i can only pick up calls, cant dial them. SW is .75

it only happened for one day, but the whole day, i tried disc the batt 2-3 times, no luck, but the next day, it works again....

is it the HW or SW? Do i have bad HW? I read some post here about bad HW, but how do I know whether I have bad HW ? How do I know the HW version? Mine is made in canada.
    12-29-08 12:38 AM
    Did you have moisture on the screen or your fingers?
    12-29-08 12:50 AM
    usually yes, but i wiped it out, clean it, disc batt, everything on that day, but still unresponsive to touch and can't scroll...
    12-29-08 12:55 AM
    call vzw, 1 866 406 5154
    12-29-08 02:11 AM
    Happened to me. Screen became completely unresponsive. Got a replacrment. Call VZ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 06:32 PM
    Hmm. Never herd of this one. Ill be on the lookout for that now. Definatly call and get a replacement!
    12-29-08 06:35 PM
    If your using an aftermarket charger, thats why. My phone did the exact same thing every morning I used the charger, however I only used it twice till I noticed the problem.

has anyone experience this? storm can't scroll at all and is unresponsive to touch at all, that means i barely can go and clicking the menu. and when typing msg using the qwerty, it's hard... but the hard keys works, so i can only pick up calls, cant dial them. SW is .75

it only happened for one day, but the whole day, i tried disc the batt 2-3 times, no luck, but the next day, it works again....

is it the HW or SW? Do i have bad HW? I read some post here about bad HW, but how do I know whether I have bad HW ? How do I know the HW version? Mine is made in canada.
    12-29-08 08:03 PM
    hmm, i did use my LG Dare charger as it has same connector, LG charger output voltage and amp is the same as the BB charger output voltage and amp, so I thought it's safe. But on that day, the night before, I used my BB charger that came with it.

But again, after that, it doesn't do it anymore, so I thought I am giving it a 2nd chance. If it indeed does it again, then I'll replace it, if not, then that's fine. I am also waiting for the next official SW, so I can 'format' the OS and reinstall from fresh. I hope that should do it.

Other that than, the phone is wonderful
    12-29-08 08:47 PM
    I picked up a third party charger from a Verizon Auth Dealer while out of state and it started doing the same thing. A battery pull and then hold the power button down for 5 seconds before putting the battery back in seem to get it back up and running normal again... Using my RIM charger now it seems fine, but if I use the third party one they sold it me, it messes it up again... Hope that helps
    01-12-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD