Can i make groups of emails? lets say a "client" group, a "friends and family" group, etc

so i go to that group and it shows only "client" contacts

I want this feature on the iphone so badly but they dont offer, so im stuck with a list of hundreds of contacts, takes a few extra seconds to actually find someone i want
    Last edited by rsarno; 11-24-08 at 05:31 PM.
    11-24-08 05:16 PM
    Additionally, on the iphone i hate that it pops up a preview of the SMS that just came in. Does the storm do the same thing? If so, can it be turned off? on iphoe it wont let me turn it off ...

so if my wife is playing a game on my phone, she can read all my incoming SMS messages because they all pop up lol
    11-24-08 05:17 PM
    another question (ill change the topic if i can)

When taking a picture, is it possible to silence the shutter sound? I think i heard on the curve they make it so it stays on. so you would never be able to "sneak" a photo of someone without them hearing it, or something.

same thing on storm?
    11-24-08 05:31 PM

10char10char
    11-24-08 05:39 PM
    3 questions and nobody can help? I don't get it am I doing something wrong here?
    11-24-08 07:32 PM
    You can have email distribution lists, and there is no sms preview. That is actually something some people complain about and buy 3rd party apps to gain that functionality.

I don't know about the camera shutter. I will play around with it tonight if I get the chance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:36 PM
    Can i make groups of emails? lets say a "client" group, a "friends and family" group, etc

so i go to that group and it shows only "client" contacts

I want this feature on the iphone so badly but they dont offer, so im stuck with a list of hundreds of contacts, takes a few extra seconds to actually find someone i want

Oh you can do this. Takes a bit of setup time but I use it all the time. Assign contacts to categories. the Storm has a menu option to filter by Categories! I pull up contacts and then filter to personal all the time.

It may be easier to set this up in Outlook the first time.
    11-24-08 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD