BB noob here.
    Still figuring out my BB Storm. I came from a LG enV. Was going to get the Dare but decided to try the Storm first.

I have a 3yr old son & one great thing about my enV & now the Dare is the great cameras that the phones come with. I've got alot of good pics of him at times I didn't have my real camera with me.

But the Storm camera.....Is it just me or is this thing terrible!
    3.2mp? Really???????? I know MP isnt the be all end all of cameras but still. The photos look terrible, the file size is smaller than my file sizes from my LG enV 2.0 mp camera.

I know its sounds crazy to be so disappointed being this Storm can do so much else, but it's a real downer. I have my settings set to the best. Does anyone know if its a hardware deal or could a software about make the camera better?

Thanks
    11-30-08 11:46 AM
    Im Thinking its software related because before i went to .75 the camera was slow switching from landscape to potrait and now it takes the pictures a little faster probably like 3 seconds or so. Time will Tell for sure.
    11-30-08 11:49 AM
    do you have the image stabilization on?

You can change the size in the settings to 2048x1536

It is a little weak in low light but I have some great pics in the light from this camera. My only complaint is it is slow.
    11-30-08 11:52 AM
    I found the camera quality to be excellent on the Storm. Esp from a 3.2megapixel camera.
    Much better than the Curve!

I'd check your camera options to make sure you have all the settings and quality up to maximum. This should ensure you get the best picture quality when snapping away.
    11-30-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD