Ok, so I'm lovin the new Facebook version 1.5. Lots of cool new features that i've been able to sit down and learn a lil more about the past few hours. Despite the complaints from others, I actually like the fact that it syncs birthdays to my calendar (because it only syncs the birthdays of the people who I also have as a phone number contact in my blackberry).

By default it sets the birthday as an all day event (duhhhh ) with a 15 minute reminder. Im a little worried about this...will an alarm go off at saaaaay 7:45 AM if I have an all day event in my Storm calendar with a 15 minute reminder??? If so, I'm gonna have to make a few changes! lol
    04-21-09 11:31 PM
    Try going into calendars then options click on the facebook calendar and turn display reminders off. This is how I have it set but I still haven't tested if this works.
    04-21-09 11:50 PM
    haha. Yea, i just now found it and did it myself. If I had just set my default calendar reminder to "none" before the calendar synced I wouldn't have to worry about this. Oh well...this works.
    04-21-09 11:54 PM
    When did facebook 1.5 come out? Just tried to update and it said there were no new updates. Using 1.3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 12:28 AM
    When did facebook 1.5 come out? Just tried to update and it said there were no new updates. Using 1.3

Check out the CB blog... it will tell you where to get it.
    04-22-09 12:35 AM
    Found it on the 3rd party apps page! Thank you!
    04-22-09 01:00 AM
    yea, trying to upgrade through the prior Facebook app doesnt work. I dont even see the point of them having that feature on there if its gonna tell you that there isn't a new update when there CLEARLY is. lol.
    04-22-09 08:26 AM
    I know I'm gonna get hollered at for asking but how do you sync the facebook bdays and your phone?? I can't remember bdays and anniversaries to save my life and this is something I desperately need to know.
    04-22-09 08:32 AM
    I am using the Appleberry 8 theme and the New Facebook App and messed up my Today Calendar. It shows a facebook contacts birthday at least 8 times and doesnt show any of my current appointments or calendar entries that come prior to the birthday. HELP? How can this be fixed??

Now my today calendar isnt working at all. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Edholmes1086; 04-22-09 at 08:57 AM.
    04-22-09 08:36 AM
    I know I'm gonna get hollered at for asking but how do you sync the facebook bdays and your phone?? I can't remember bdays and anniversaries to save my life and this is something I desperately need to know.
    haha. How could you know without asking man??? Its cool. These are some steps I would take.

1. Go into facebook 1.5, click your blackberry key, and go to options. In options make sure that the line saying "Blackberry Calendar Application" is checked.

2. Go back to the main Facebook screen and click on the 3rd icon (Friends). Once this loads go thru one by one, and find people who you have as a phone contact as well as having them as a facebook friend. When you find one, click on that name. Scroll down to "Connect to Blackberry Contact" and click that. Then go through your phone contact list searching for that person.

3. After you're done connecting all of your mutual contacts, go to your calendar, click your blackberry key, click options, then click on the box at the bottom that says facebook.

4. Go down to the box that says "display reminders" and put "no." This will make sure you dont get an alarm at 7:45 am everyday one of your phone contacts has a bday.

5. Now you can go check your calendar and they should be listed in there.

Hope is helps...oh yea, never be afraid to ask man. Thats what these forums are for!
    04-22-09 08:46 AM
    You r a godsend!!! Thank you so much. Now to set the calendar up so that I don't get hollered at by my friends for missing their bdays and anniversaries because I am a sieve brain
    04-22-09 08:56 AM
    I am using the Appleberry 8 theme and the New Facebook App and messed up my Today Calendar. It shows a facebook contacts birthday at least 8 times and doesnt show any of my current appointments or calendar entries that come prior to the birthday. HELP? How can this be fixed??
    You lose me there man. I stick with the Precision Zen theme, so things like this are a lil out of my league. I would recommend deleting facebook and starting over. I'm honestly not too sure...
    04-22-09 09:02 AM
    You r a godsend!!! Thank you so much. Now to set the calendar up so that I don't get hollered at by my friends for missing their bdays and anniversaries because I am a sieve brain
    haha. no prob at all. glad i could help a fellow crackie out. lol.
    04-22-09 09:02 AM
    My storm doesn't give out any kind of reminder, pop-up or audible tone for any all-day event, like birthdays and anniversaries. All other alarms work, the ones with specific time assigned.
    The only time I get a reminder for all-day events is when I reboot the phone. Have tried everything...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-14-09 12:26 AM
    so if i click on my calender i can see the birthday.. but why wont it show up on my today calender? anyone know
    05-14-09 12:42 AM
    so if i open my calender i can see the birthday.. but why wont it show up on my today calender? anyone know
    any idea why this is?
    05-14-09 10:51 PM
    I can get all Contact info except phone number to save to contact info even though their number is visible within their profile...having to do manually...read post and must be missing something?

05-15-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD