Just so you all know, Verizon is running a Buy one Get one deal on all Blackberry phones right now.

You buy any Blackberry, you can get one of equal or lesser value FREE as long as you upgrade another eligible line or add a new line of service to your account.

This applies to the STORM as well, and there's a bonus!

All Storm users that have purchased their Storm from a corporate VZW store (since it launched), are eligible to get another one FREE until the promo ends as long as you upgrade an eligible line or add a new line of service to your account!

****UPDATE****

I realize there may have been some threads about this, but I couldn't find it easily and clearly several others couldn't either. So, I thought I would send out another informal invite to all of us crackberry users!

But to answer your questions, yes all users that have purchased a Storm since the launch date should be able to get this offer. Rather than calling customer care, stop in to your local corporate VZW store and they should be able to get you all sqaured away.

****UPDATE****

I verified this offer is indeed for the Midwest area only, so this does not apply to the everyone. So, hoorah to all of us in the midwestern states!
    Last edited by xtremegsr; 02-26-09 at 10:15 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    02-25-09 12:35 PM
    Yep, they've had this special all week. I didn't know about the Corporate thing though. I don't think I can benefit from that since my work paid for the phone, so they probably get to take advantage of that deal.
    02-25-09 12:39 PM
    wow.... no one.... knew.... about.... this?!? a little late there boss

News has been out since the 5th about this staring on the 6th.

since I'm really not trying to be a d ouche, here's the link to BGR about it

Verizon Wireless BlackBerry BOGO sale, buy one get one free! : Boy Genius Report
    02-25-09 12:51 PM
    i wish i had waited until now to switch over from ATT instead of November. Would have saved me a chunk of change.
    02-25-09 12:53 PM
    They have had this since early this month. And it has had quite a few threads about this.
    02-25-09 12:57 PM
    Got two yesterday....good stuff!
    02-25-09 12:58 PM
    clearing inventory for the niagara?
    02-25-09 12:58 PM
    yup, the wife and I both got storms a week or two ago, we were both up for our ne2 so we got 2 storms for like $206
    02-25-09 01:02 PM
    What If I Bought Mine Online When It Launched...am I Still Eligible?
    02-25-09 01:05 PM
    clearing inventory for the niagara?
    Let's hope so!!!!!
    02-25-09 01:10 PM
    wow.... no one.... knew.... about.... this?!? a little late there boss

News has been out since the 5th about this staring on the 6th.

since I'm really not trying to be a d ouche, here's the link to BGR about it

Verizon Wireless BlackBerry BOGO sale, buy one get one free! : Boy Genius Report
    love when ppl use that... cuz you know theyre gonna be/being a d ouche. "not to be a di ck but..." "dont mean to offend you but..." "no offensive but..."

knew about the B1G1 free but didnt know about the 2nd part. thanks.
    02-25-09 01:34 PM
    All Storm users that have purchased their Storm from a corporate VZW store (since it launched), are eligible to get another one FREE until the promo ends as long as you upgrade an eligible line or add a new line of service to your account!
    This is good to know! So I can get one for my wife for free I just need to pay the extra $30 for the data plan. I will have to really think about that.
    02-25-09 01:48 PM
    Hi,

I bought mine a week ago.
    My wife decided she liked it so I called telesales and added a line to get a second one.

I'll dump my daughter's line and pay the ETF.
    Second BB Storm w/out NE2 for about $125. My daughter is 10 so changing her number is no big deal.
    02-25-09 02:03 PM
    What about those of us who bought it at Best Buy? Are we eligible for a 2nd free one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:20 PM
    I wonder if it would apply to having ordered it at a corporate store on release date since they were out at the store? My wife is also interested in upgrading from her dumb phone.
    02-25-09 02:23 PM
    I read that anyone who purchased a Storm since Nov may qualify for the 2nd free BB as long as the 2nd account is qualified for an upgrade. If unsure, just walk to a VZW store and ask.

After 2 weeks of "thinking about it", I got me and the wife new Storms.
    02-25-09 03:58 PM
    Ok, this is still not crystal clear for me

I have a family share plan with vzw (ACII plan).
    I already did the NE2 upgrade in November when the Storm came out to replace my crappy old phone. I wouldn't be eligible again for a new NE2 until 7/29/2010. So yes, I have a Storm but the screen just cracked and I had no insurance

My daughter wants a Curve and according to the vzw web site she is eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price and she can get a new Curve for $99 for a 2 year contract lock-in.

My phone is the primary number.
    Would my daughter's line be eligible for this BB BOGO? If not, because it is not primary, I thought VZW let you change the primary/secondary on a share plan.
    I wouldn't mind also getting the Curve as a replacement to my cracked Storm.

If I can't swing this then I'll go the Ebay route for a Curve and let my daughter do the $99 upgrade. Or perhaps open a third line getting a new Curve on it, getting the Curve for free for my daughter. Then switch the Curve back to my number and do an early termination of that third line. Cheaper than paying retail on anew Curve I guess.

Walt
    02-25-09 03:58 PM
    we've been selling storm's like crazy when this sale came out at our store. I'm putting a couple of these things out every day pretty much. best part is there's no rebate on the storms now, so you get the 199.99 without having to mail in for it.
    02-25-09 04:12 PM
    this bogo ends on feb 28th so hurry if you gonna try
    02-25-09 04:14 PM
    Bought my Storm on launch day (corporate ordered it for me at pre-launch) and added a line to get it at $199. Daughter is eligible for an upgrade on Saturday. Can I walk in and get the 2nd Storm for her for FREE because I bought the first one?
    02-25-09 04:18 PM
    Activate new Storm, let it sit in a box for a month. Pay early termination fee, sell on ebay for profit.
    02-25-09 04:20 PM
    I don't want to sell it. I want to get her the phone. But only if it's free.
    02-25-09 04:24 PM
    Called VZW today. It seems since i bought my Storm on the release date that their Promo isn't any good for me. If i had purchased it in the last 30 days they would be willing to send me a free Storm for my one line that is eligible for upgrade.

This sounds contradictive of what you guys are saying. I am reading your guys posts as saying. Guys that bought storms on release day are able to upgrade another phone on their account to a storm for free, just by adding the data plan to that phone.

Please clarify for me.

Mike
    02-25-09 05:40 PM
    What about those of us who bought 2 storms on release date? Does anyone know if they will credit my back $200?
    02-25-09 05:45 PM
    I just took advantage of this for my wife. I bought my storm late January and wasn't expecting to be able to get pne for free until last week I received a text message from Verizon saying I was elligable. My wife really wanted one anyway after seeing mine. Just ordered matching innocase II to go with them. Its funny seeing the differences in the phones. Mine is faster and has a much brighter screen but her camera doesn't freeze up. Both on .75. Running same apps.

Last edited by chuckz28; 02-25-09 at 08:16 PM.
    02-25-09 07:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD