A lot of my co workers and myself included consider the iphone to be kind of a toy. It not really being a business machine that you can bang out multiple emails and texts on which is why I beleive almost all of us have blackberry's. That being said do you think that the Storm is this way also? I'll be honest I'm not really concerned with how well the camera works or the music player and any of that entertainment stuff. I just want to be able to get some work done efficiently on it while having something cool to look at and fulfill my geekiness to have the latest and greatest. Those that do use it for business what's your take on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 03:38 PM
    go for it....I bought for my company use and love it camera whopp dee doo I bought for the email and the phone
    12-05-08 03:40 PM
    With the screen working properly and either .75 or .76 OS running, it is fine, battery lasts all day, once you get used to the keyboard/clickscreen, typing is cake.
    First week I was gonna go back to my pearl, 2nd week, i was gonna send it back for one with a good scree, now fixed the screen installed .76, IMO this is the shape it should've been released in...
    12-05-08 03:43 PM
    i use it for business and love it. No issues. Clearly you must like touch screen and be open to the click. i also look at the iphone as a toy and anyone i do business with has a BB. I personally love the click and have been lucky to only have no real issues. Most people will without issues and business users do not come to a site like this so a lot of the positive information gets lost.
    12-05-08 03:51 PM
    I love my storm to death but still use an 8800 series phone for business. There is no real reason to hop on a storm other than touch screen and it still has zero improvement in any business function over any other bb. Which wears off fast.

12-05-08 03:51 PM
    Sounds pretty good. Especially that the battery lasts all day. I'm thinking I.'ll give it the 30 day test drive to see how I like it.

12-05-08 03:54 PM
    It's a terrible business phone, It's very slow and you have to jump through hoops to do simple task's. Regular Blackberry's are MUCH better and a lot quicker. Try one out first and you will see. Dont get caught up in the novelty of it all though it wears off fast if your a power user/business user.

If you consider the iPhone a toy you will be in the same boat with the Storm. It's a toy with a not too friendly UI.

Again best bet try it out first before you buy it.
    12-05-08 03:59 PM
    You are correct, iPhone = toy, BB = business.

No virtual keyboard will be as efficient as a real one. With that said, I don't think the Storm suits your needs. If you will be punching out emails and texts all day I think a phone with an actual keyboard would be more efficient. I would recommend the 8900 Curve (Javelin) or the 9000 Bold. They are both beautiful phones! The iPhone doesn't stand a chance in a business environment.
    12-05-08 04:06 PM
    definitely try it before you decide... i loved it at first go, but everytime i type an email (which is a ton) my excitement dies a bit each time.

for me, the suretype was a horrible idea for the powerusers. maybe i still just need to adapt my typing style more, but it's still significantly slower to wait for that damn screen to rebound than was possible on the qwerty (and even suretype) bb's. i consistently miss a letter or two every couple of words because i've hit the next letter before the screen was ready

i may be seeing a curve in my near future =/
    12-05-08 04:12 PM
    Now I'm starting to get swayed towards the other direction. I'll probably try it out for myself and see how I like it as I really have the itch to get a new phone. I know this is the wrong forum but id there any word out as to when the javelin will make it to Verizon?

12-05-08 04:29 PM
    I really like the storm, but I am a heavy business user. I think I have to go back to my curve for business use. BUT, i don't want to give up the storm since it is so cool. I may just be carrying two blackberries around. LOL
    12-05-08 04:33 PM
    Terrible business phone.. when you need it the most its going to let you down.
    The Storm is for the Iphone type of guy thats wants push email that works.

Firing off quick emails or just answering a call on the Storm can be very frustrating.
    Last edited by lorinser; 12-05-08 at 05:18 PM.
    12-05-08 04:43 PM
    Its a definate change from the Curve, but I love the Storm for business.

The keyboard takes some getting used to, but if you do the screen fix, install .75, and actually give the keyboard a chance I find myself being about 85% as fast on the Storm, and the auto-correct actually speeds me up vs. a year on the Curve and 2 years on Windows mobile.
    12-05-08 05:08 PM
    My GF and I have had a lot of discussions about this. One of the most important points of the blackberry in business is that you can be in a meeting, *pretending* to pay attention to the presentation while you are furiously typing away under the table.

The touchscreen prohibits this. you may eventually be almost as fast on a touchscreen as with real buttons, but you *have* to look at it.

For primarily business use, with personal use secondary, get the curve.

For primarily personal use, with business use secondary, get the storm (but wait another month for them to work the kinks out and for all of the must-have apps to be updated. I got mine on day one, and I'm sorry I did)
    12-05-08 05:25 PM
    It's a terrible business phone, It's very slow and you have to jump through hoops to do simple task's. Regular Blackberry's are MUCH better and a lot quicker. Try one out first and you will see. Dont get caught up in the novelty of it all though it wears off fast if your a power user/business user.

If you consider the iPhone a toy you will be in the same boat with the Storm. It's a toy with a not too friendly UI.

Again best bet try it out first before you buy it.
    Do you even have or ever used a Storm for more then a couple of days? I have looked at your past replies and all have been negative to the Storm while even out right admitting your a big iPhone fan. yet .. I never read where you actualy use the Storm, only trying to persuade everyone how bad the Storm is. Hmmm ... makes me wonder why you stay on this forum.
    12-05-08 05:52 PM
    My thought is no. At least the storms I have had are not business worthy... YET. I would say give it a couple more OS revisions and it could be. For heavy email use and heavy phone use it has consistently failed me. I still love the phone; just not for business use.

As always this is just my opinion. It is up to you to decide what device best fits your needs.
    12-05-08 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD