Hey all

Are you able to browse the net while on a phone call with the storm? More specifically 9530?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 12:21 AM
    No the protocols don't support that.
    01-14-09 12:23 AM
    Damit

I heard the new bbs will do tat. Does the 9500 do it? With the wifi & stuff?

01-14-09 12:27 AM
    you can use the web but it is not worth it if you have verizon. Since it is new they charge a monthly fee of $200 for limited web browsing
    01-14-09 12:28 AM
    you can use the web but it is not worth it if you have verizon. Since it is new they charge a monthly fee of $200 for limited web browsing
    LOL, What??

You must be smoking some crazy ****.

I browse a ****-ton and pay $29.99 a month.
    01-14-09 12:35 AM
    Lol

Ya browsing cost is not the issue

Its just, I was wondering if u can use the web while on the phone?

Tnx

01-14-09 12:42 AM
    Wow, $200/mo for web browsing? Lol. I think you may be referring to tethering though, which IS indeed quite expensive, but not *that* much to my knowledge.

I don't think Telus over here offers tethering at all yet, but Bell does at ... I think $60 and $90/mo depending on bandwidth allowance. Seriously, I think that's insane unless it's the only internet access you require (and you won't be downloading heavily...) In that case, maybe it actually makes some sense... hrm. :P
    01-14-09 12:49 AM
    back to the O.P.; you guys on 9530 (VErizon, Telus, Bell) cant. But the rest of us on GSM networks (at&t, vodafone, rogers etc.) can if we are in a 3G area. Just one of the features that EVDO 3G lacks.
    01-14-09 11:29 AM
    back to the O.P.; you guys on 9530 (VErizon, Telus, Bell) cant. But the rest of us on GSM networks (at&t, vodafone, rogers etc.) can if we are in a 3G area. Just one of the features that EVDO 3G lacks.
    NOT!! Anyone who has hacked a Window Mobile phone, know this statement is a crock! It depends on the phone. I could surf while talking on my 4 year old HTC running on Sprint( CDMA, EVD0). Where do people get the delusion that GSM is better than CDMA? Just because GSM is a worldwide standard, doesnt mean it's better than CDMA.
    This is the reason why iPhone 3G owners, such as myself, see my calls go direct to VM when the phone receives an email. FYI, the iPhone is GSM (ATT)!
    01-14-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD