So...I am still kinda new to BB. I've seen a lot of you talking about IE or Firefox for your phones...

First, how do you download these and second, what's the benefit of them over the pre-installed browser?

Also, I asked this earlier, but unfortunately nobody knew the answer. How can you tell what apps are running and close them?

Thanks,
    James
    11-22-08 04:36 PM
    Don't have a storm yet but you people aren't downloading a new browser (except for Opera Mini). They're going into the internet options and changing the browser to IE or Firefox so that the webpages do not load as mobile pages. In the browser, it's in the options, browser configuration I believe. If you do that, and go to say, CNN.Com, you'll get the normal site instead of the toned down mobile site.
    11-22-08 04:48 PM
    ok, I changed it, but I didn't notice a difference. Am I missing something here?
    11-22-08 05:08 PM
    There is no difference unless you are going to sites that have mobile editions. Like the previous poster said, if you went to CNN.com when it wasn't on Firefox/IE, it would show the mobile site. When you change the settings, you'll get the full site.

Like I said, there is no difference in the browsing experience, other than the mobile sites.
    11-22-08 05:11 PM
    IE and FireFox wont play YouTube but the Blakcberry browser will.
    11-22-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD